IGNORED

A toast to PGGB, a heady brew of math and magic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, austinpop said:

As someone who just redid almost 300 albums because I switched from 32-bit to 24-bit files (for using the SRC-DX bridge with my DAVE), redoing the upsampling is not that big a deal. If you wait for a *rumored* machine, you're just depriving yourself. Even at a cap of 256M taps, PGGB makes a massive improvement over the native file!

BTW - during the initial development, I must have redone my albums 4-5 times as ZB made incremental improvements. I did not regret it one iota.

I am in the process of running about 500 albums to 24bit.   Just letting things crank!.  I wish my mother board did 128gb of RAM.  I may just build another PC.  I have about 4TB of music files that I could re-master.   I have not started on the classical yet, or the DSDs....  All I need is the RAM and a Motherboard that will take my CPU.    The old machine is sunk cost....  

26 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I have not invested much in the BNC digital cables.  We will see what my pair of cables from Moon audio does!.  Toes firmly dipped into the water.  Hopefully the bottom of the lake is not quicksand!

• 7 months later...