IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

9 minutes ago, GMG said:

What happens when there is a power outage? How does it effect the turn on sequence?

I understood that for the Etherregen to sync to the clock you need to first power on the clock and only then power on the Etherregen. 
when everything turns on together after a power outage will the ER be able to sync ok with the clock?

Hi GMG,

Thanks for your question. 

The Giesemann Clock is ready to sync within 1-2 seconds. Therefore, when this is power outage, the turn on sequence will be unchanged. The EtherREGEN requires some boot up time, so they will back to normal when you power them at the same time. 

However, burn in will required to start again after any power down. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

15 minutes ago, ambre said:

Hi Adrian,

we you shortly disconnect (10 min) the clock from power for installing a new bnc cable for instance what happens than?

Hi! Ambre, 

Any power down, will required to burn in from the start agains. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

30 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

I think it’s quite obvious this is a typo. You ask reset, he means to replies reset. (Not rest). 

Sorry for the typo. should be reset. 

Just now, R1200CL said:

Square wave ?

Hi! R1200CL,

This Emperor Double Crown 75ohm is Sine Wave. We just add the new option : Giesemann Emperor Crown in 75ohm

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@AfterDark.

Is dual isolated output maybe an option soon as well ?

Or is that more tricky to achieve ?

Dear R1200CL, 

For dual isolation, it is better to purchase two Giesemann Clock, power with dual linear power supply independently. This approach will be the best isolation for performance. 

For 10M Master Clock distributor, we recommended this model which is made from Cybershaft, they are excellent choice too. We are selling them for customer who has excellent Giesemann Clock 50ohm version and there is independent switch for 50/75ohm too. 

***This only works for Giesemann Clock in 50ohm version only***

dst-r02-600.jpeg.f7606f60d3db9540d65b66898f934275.jpeg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

17 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

Only if it's ok with you thanks Adrian. It's my own fault after all.

I'm just really looking forward to receiving my clock. It's still waiting for a flight though if I'm lucky maybe next week. :)

Cheers 

Matt 

Hi! Matt,

Thank for joining the audiophilestyle.com group buy, the cash coupon was issued. 

We just check with the tracking, the Giesemann Clock is on the way next week.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

35 minutes ago, magnuska said:

Hi Adrian @AfterDark.. I have had my clock installed for about 2 days now and I am so far very impressed by the improvements made. And this with " only" the square queen version. Relatively cheap if one compared to the top choice. I wonder how much in SQ differs between them? There must be some sweet spot between price and actual SQ improvement. 

Is the only difference between the different levels just the measurements or is there also hardware differences? 

Hi! Magnuska,

Thanks for your sharing, we are really appreciated you love Giesemann Clock and impressed with the improvement made. The Emperor Double Crown is the sweet spot between price and actual SQ improvement. The improvement compared with Queen will be huge. 

P.S. Keep burn in for 7 days until 35 days, we are quite confidence the improvement will surprise you. 

We received one customer feedback of flagship Giesemann EVA to connect Mutec MC-3+ USB:

Adrian...
thank you for your wonderful Masterclock development. All of your claims have become true. Sound is more analogue, more detailed, more micro details, more depth, more body... just wonderful. I am absolutely in love with this nice piece of equipment.
Thank you for your work.
UNQUOTE 

Thanks again and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

We are delighted that one customer is enjoying the Giesemann Clock today, we are really appreciated for the positive feedback and supports. Thanks again. 

thumbnail_Screenshot2021-03-12at1.25.37P

23 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Adrian 

If we would like to experiment with a tungsten block on top of your OCXO clock(s), will the 5x5 cm block is ordering these days fit inside, and if not, what would be a good size to plan for ?

Hi! R1200CL,

Thanks for your questions. 

We suggested to place it on top. We have excellent THIXAR shock eliminator from Germany as below. This is placed on the top of the device. This one working very well for sensitive device like PHONO amp and Giesemann Clock. 

thixar__eliminator__showcase__2000px_204

We believe tungsten block may change the sounding because of its mass. 

For example,  the damping effect at 100Hz696445194_Screenshot2021-03-13at12_18_51AM.thumb.png.26031e68af952c52ff2f280123d7e724.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some positive feedbacks from Giesemann Clock - Queen Square Wave 75ohm Special Edition for EtherREGEN. 

1965433656_thumbnail_ReThankyou.thumb.png.6cb393f7b4e857b94146de5f06941b9b.png

1402476984_thumbnail_Screenshot2021-03-27at9_35_29AM.thumb.png.52d4decd2932a6be1b7c389e6af481c7.png

2 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

Mmm, yes I'm considering the Emperor Double Crown now also.....

Hi! Mjw21a,

The Giesemann Emperor Double Crown is another levels when compared and we receive a lot of demands for this model for some reasons.

The version above is very limited supply, so it is good to reserve one if possible. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

5 hours ago, JonD said:

Well I am waiting for my Emperor Giesemann EVA which will be powered by a Farad Super3 and plugged into an EtherREGEN, which in turn will feed a dCS Bartok.

I am sure its going to be an awesome combo and I am looking forward to receiving my clock.

I am interested in the cascade Buffalo GS2016 custom switch, which if the reviews are good, will be on my list of things to acquire 😄

Really pleased i discovered AfterDark, its a fantastic company for us audiophiles 👍

Hi! JonD,

We have some positive feedback for the cascade Buffalo GS2016 x Giesemann Clock.

The Emperor Giesesmann EVA is on schedule to tuning for best performance this week, and ready to be ship next week. We are quite excited with Farad Super3 too. AfterDark. are becoming authorised dealer for all Farad product next month, and we will power our Giesemann Clock, cascade Buffalo Switches, Roon Network Bridge, Mutec MC3-USB with their Farad Super3 next month. 

The Giesemann Clock will achieve better phase noise performance with Farad Super3, so we are really excited. 

1740847900_Screenshot2021-03-27at10_33_27AM.thumb.png.daea7626798f609eec19b07682bd83ca.png

1225924682_thumbnail_Receivedshortquestion(1).thumb.png.ba788343eb8340fdbc932465ee532510.png

1754230028_Screenshot2021-03-27at10_20_59AM.thumb.png.477da80e30cfe273c52f13ab0008f5d7.png

4 minutes ago, LEO SOUND said:

Hello ,

I want to buy an Afterdark clock. I have two questions :

1 - The square wave is it a wise choice although other AfterDark clocks seem better

2- Is the Afterdark clock getting hot or cold? because it will be in a closed cabinet.

Hello! Leo Sound,

Thanks for your interested. We are please to answer as followings:

1. The square wave version is designed to work with UpTone EtherREGEN. The quality of OCXO 10M Clock is determined by Phase Noise and Allan Derivation. Therefore, the others model like Emperor Signature will have better performance when compared. 
  2. The AfterDark. Clock is not hot at the surface, we have applied heat isolation material on the OCXO clock, so it can maintain the constant temperature, this is a tweak for improve performances. It can placed in a closed cabinet. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LEO SOUND said:

@AfterDark.

Can you confirm to me that the master Clock Emperor Triple crown is in stock in a 75 ohm version and it is a sine wave. It is necessary to add a mini filter circuit for 75 ohm suddenly.

There is no need for an adapter too?

Hello! LEO SOUND,

Thanks for your interested. The master Clock Emperor Triple Crown in 75 ohm require to made to order in limited supply every month. This version is in sine wave.

The mini filter is designed to work with sine wave Giesemann, connect directly to EtherREGEN or Mutec MC3-USB. This filter is quite amazing tweak, which can improve the vocal and details. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

On 4/14/2021 at 5:35 AM, JonD said:

@skatbelt I did make sure I totally powered down the Bartok when i was changing the network setup; trying to ensure nothing stored is just being reused, since i was using one track to test for differences.

I just finished testing the setup with the EtherREGEN and then with and without the Giesemann EVA; and it does add some additional depth, vibrancy etc to the music; an improvement. I would say the EtherREGEN is delivering at least 70+% of the uplift and then the clock adds a little more; say 20-30%. On paper the Giesemann EVA is a higher spec than the standard REF10, but I am no expert, so don't know how the two compare in back to back tests.

Now to caveat, I am using a really cheap LPSU with my Giesemann EVA clock for now; the TeraDak is known to be towards the bottom of LPSUs in terms of performance. I would order another Farad Super3; however, I have already paid for a Sean Jacobs SR5T that will arrive towards the end of May. So I do expect that to make a difference. The SR5T was going to be used with a Melco N100; but I am not decided about that just yet. In any case, if i do go for the N100, I would get another Farad Super3 for the Giesemann EVA.

Hi! JonD,

Thanks for your good feedback. Please let the Giesemann EVA burn in for 7 days, the music will make you smile. The vocal will be so sweet and soundstage will be much wider. 

The specification on Giesemann EVA (-121dBC/Hz) is much higher then REF10 is around (-116dBC/Hz) on Phase Noise. 

The Allan Derivation is amazing low at 1s = 2.277 (measure of short term 1 second frequency stability) 

The Phase Noise is reaching limit to the highest level at -121dBC/Hz 

The power supply on Farad Super3 can improve the performance on your Giesemann Clock. 

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

image.thumb.png.f46fe87c7e21e6817a8e04a607f6197e.png

image.thumb.png.8051525372877de0a87b9a27a580d5f7.png

17 hours ago, sahmen said:

Adrian:  So far I have been contemplating the Queen square wave solution, but then I also realize that those who purchased the Queen Square wave for Etherregen are wishing they had gone for a higher model. My question is whether any of the higher "Emperor" models do square waves and whether they are spec'ed at 75 Ohms, or are they sine waves performing at 50 and 75 Ohms?  This matters to me, because I'd rather avoid the filters if I can, if I opt for one of the higher model Giesemann clocks.

I also have an Uptone LPS 1.2 on standby that I can use with the Clock.  I am wondering how the uptone might compare in performance with the Gieseman power supply.

Hello! Sahman,

Thanks for your questions. 

The Queen Square Wave is designed to work with EtherREGEN. This is the best seller, performance is great and the improvement is huge for EtherREGEN. The music is just right and most customer will be impressed with the performance. 

The upgrade version from Emperor above , is another level when compared, the details, smoothness of music is quite rewarding, the soundstage is much wider and open. The micro details is mix of density with authority in bass. 

The high Emperor models are in sine waves with choice of 50 and 75 Ohms. The LPS 1.2 is an excellent choice for Giesemann Clock.  

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

15 minutes ago, sahmen said:

Okay, Queen Square Wave for ER ordered.  First of all, I want to make sure that the 10% discount was pre-calculated into the tallies, and that I did not need any coupon code to activate it.

If that checks out with you, may I know roughly how much time it would take for me to receive the unit.  I am located in Massachusetts.

Thanks for all your assistance, particularly your patience in answering my questions.

Hello Sahmen,

Thanks for your purchase. The 10% was pre-calculated in the web site. We shall dispatch your item to post office. It will take around 7-10 days to Massachusetts. 

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

Hi! Tokyokyoto,

Since we are using the clock for audio use, the short term frequency stability is more important than long term. We do not think this needs to be adjusted regularly. If customer is interested to have the Giesemann Clock to perform recalibrated, it will cost USD100 , and customer are responsible for the shipping fee. 

Thanks and have a nice day. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1 hour ago, James Stephens said:

I hope so.

My Emperor Double Crown Sine Wave Clock took 9 days to get to the US after it was picked up on the 7th and has been stuck in US customs since the 16th ...... 😬

James

Hi! James, 

Would you like me to follow up with post office?  Some of our package is stuck during Easter Holiday, and they should release soon. 

Giesemann Emperor Double Crown is worth to wait... 

984633836_thumbnail_Screenshot2021-04-21at12_05_36PM.thumb.png.ab8ee00b4c84c1e5aa8ef898f74e665f.png

3 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Same issue with my Finisar SFP+ shipment. Sitting in Customs since the 16th.

Hello! BCRich,

Let me contact the post office, for the latest status. Hopefully, the package will deliver to you soon. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

15 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Hi Adrian,

My order also arrived today as well.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi! Mike,

Thanks to let us know. I think the postal service is starting to resume normal after Easter Holiday now. 

Let's join the "Burn-In Party" for Giesemann Clock now. 

Have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

4 hours ago, yoby said:

Hi Adrian: I recently received the After Dark Queen clock for my Ether Regen along with the After dark LPS. It is a very impressive improvement in sound quality right out of the box. I understand that the clock takes a while to settle in. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the ride.                   I was wondering if anyone has tried upgrading the fuse in the After dark LPS to a Synergistic Orange one? What is the value of the fuse in place and how does one access it? Also, what power cords are you using with it? Good listening. Jeff L 

Hello! Jeff,

Thanks for your good feedback. The fuse inside can be changed, the fuse socket is located on the front planel. It is rated at 1A for 100-120V, 0.5A for 220-240V. We suggested to use AfterDark Clemintine power cable for best performance. This power cable can be use in Pre-amplified, DAC, music streamer and Giesemann Clock. This cable is airly and lush sounding. 

https://www.adark.co/collections/power-cables/products/afterdark-clementine-power-cable

DSC03243_2048x.jpg?v=1530706902

Have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

6 hours ago, yoby said:

Hi Adrian: Is the fuse the larger size (7x32mm) or the smaller size (5x20mm)? Is that 1A fast blo (F) or slow blo? (T). Thanks again. Jeff L

Hi! Yoby,

Thanks for your questions. The fuse is small size 5x20mm @1A fast blo. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.