IGNORED

Outlaw's HQP Thread

Outlaw

10 hours ago, Miska said:

No, the "systemctl restart hqplayerd" will start it. But you'll need to reboot to switch to my current kernel. It depends a bit if it becomes default or not. I think currently you either need to manually select it in boot loader menu, or edit grub configuration.

No, the "systemctl restart hqplayerd" will start it. But you'll need to reboot to switch to my current kernel. It depends a bit if it becomes default or not. I think currently you either need to manually select it in boot loader menu, or edit grub configuration.

So if it is up and running does it mean your custom kernel is working ?

29 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So if it is up and running does it mean your custom kernel is working ?

No, it may be working with the default kernel as well. You can do "uname" with "-a" argument to see which kernel you are running. (sorry, but Cloudflare is again blocking post based on what commands are written there, even though it doesn't make any sense what they decide to block)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

For the newer Ubuntu builds with AMD GPU support, add following steps prior to installing hqplayerd package:

wget -q -O - https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/rocm.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
echo 'deb [arch=amd64] https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/apt/debian/ xenial main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rocm.list
sudo apt update

No, it may be working with the default kernel as well. You can do "uname" with "-a" argument to see which kernel you are running. (sorry, but Cloudflare is again blocking post based on what commands are written there, even though it doesn't make any sense what they decide to block)

Type in uname-a ? Also how do you find path of external hard drive with my music ?

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Type in uname-a ? Also how do you find path of external hard drive with my music ? Which path would be my external drive ? Or is df wrong command.I know you said df fo hqplayer OS but is embedded different ?

Capture.PNG

Hi Miska.To upgrade to the latest hqplayerd are these the commands or is there more ? Thanks You.                             

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/focal/hqplayerd_4.20.1-57_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.20.1-57_amd64.deb
sudo apt install -f

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Hi Miska.To upgrade to the latest hqplayerd are these the commands or is there more ? Thanks You.                             

wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/focal/hqplayerd_4.20.1-57_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.20.1-57_amd64.deb
sudo apt install -f

Yes, provided that you've added the AMD ROCm/HIP repository already earlier. But note that the above filename is wrong, latest version is 4.20.2-57.

15 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Hi Miska.What do you recommend for volume min and max in HQPlayer when controlling volume from my processor ? Thanks

If you are NOT using HQP’s digital volume control, then just set Vol Max to -3 and Vol Min -60, which are the default values. Then make sure volume control knob is turned all the way up (-3) which is full clockwise. The Vol Min is a bit arbitrary.

If you do decide to use the HQP digital volume control then you will to adjust Vol Max to something like -30 or -20 in case you accidentally hit max volume you won’t blow thing up.

3 minutes ago, ericuco said:

If you are NOT using HQP’s digital volume control, then just set Vol Max to -3 and Vol Min -60, which are the default values. Then make sure volume control knob is turned all the way up (-3) which is full clockwise. The Vol Min is a bit arbitrary.

If you do decide to use the HQP digital volume control then you will to adjust Vol Max to something like -30 or -20 in case you accidentally hit max volume you won’t blow thing up.

Using HQPplayer embedded no control knob ?

34 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Using HQPplayer embedded no control knob ?

I have desktop, not embedded but guessing there is some means of controlling the volume. Otherwise not much point in the Vol Max and Vol Min settings.

Why not take a bold move and try to figure this out on your own before asking lots more questions? We are all pulling for you.

13 minutes ago, ericuco said:

I have desktop, not embedded but guessing there is some means of controlling the volume. Otherwise not much point in the Vol Max and Vol Min settings.

Why not take a bold move and try to figure this out on your own before asking lots more questions? We are all pulling for you.

I thought I was on a forum ? Aren't forums about asking  questions to get advice from other forum members.

34 minutes ago, Miska said:

Embedded has startup volume setting and volume controls available both on the front page and also through HQPlayer Client, HQPDcontrol, Roon or UPnP Control Point.

So just leave at max -3 min -60.And start up volume -3

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I thought I was on a forum ? Aren't forums about asking  questions to get advice from other forum members.

You are, but this is not a support forum. I am sure that when @ericucosaid "we are all pulling for you" he meant that we all want to help you. Advice is given, but you would not go to a forum on how to insert a plug in a wall socket, would you?! ^_^

Don't you worry Embedded is not going to explode on you! :D

21 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

You are, but this is not a support forum. I am sure that when @ericucosaid "we are all pulling for you" he meant that we all want to help you. Advice is given, but you would not go to a forum on how to insert a plug in a wall socket, would you?! ^_^

Don't you worry Embedded is not going to explode on you! :D

Its not a support forum ? What is it then.If this thread could be removed I would appreciate it