IGNORED

Outlaw's HQP Thread

Outlaw

Hi Miska does this look like the correct install                                                                                                                          

su -

sudo apt-get -y update
sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
sudo apt install -f
sudo wget -4 https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/linux-headers-5.4.85-jl+_5.4.85-jl+-4_amd64.deb
sudo wget -4 https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/linux-image-5.4.85-jl+_5.4.85-jl+-4_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i linux-headers-5.4.85-jl+_5.4.85-jl+-4_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i linux-image-5.4.85-jl+_5.4.85-jl+-4_amd64.deb
sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
sudo apt-get install libflac8 libasound2 libasound2-data libasound2-plugins
wget -4 https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/focal/libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i libgmpris_2.2.1-8_amd64.deb
sudo apt install -f
wget -4 https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/hqplayerd/focal/hqplayerd_4.20.1-56_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.20.1-56_amd64.deb
sudo hqplayerd -s hqplayer hqplayer
sudo systemctl enable hqplayerd
sudo systemctl restart hqplayerd
sudo ps -ef|grep -i hqplayerd

13 hours ago, bibo01 said:

A quick test has been done. In the previous working version of UPnPbridge enabling gapless it would block everything. Now, enabling gapless and set http on "fixed", it works, but there are some problems from time to time...sometimes it stops (it does not go to the next track).

You don't necessarily need to enable gapless from controller/server to get gapless playback. It is possible to get gapless also without it.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 hours ago, perpetualapprentice said:

Update to my previous post above: The hip-rocclr and rocfft dependency alerts on Ubuntu 20.04 appear to only pop up on my machine when trying to install hqplayerd_4.20.1-56_amd64.deb. No issues with the two releases previous to it.

Please see my post earlier about support for AMD GPUs in latest build. You need to add the HIP/ROC repository as well, to pull in the runtime. Only difference between the two latest builds is this support.

10 hours ago, luisma said:

I had the same error, Miska suggested IIRC the

sudo apt install -f

before installing HQPlayer

that said my instance worked with no issues with that script

"apt install -f" should be done after installing hqplayerd package, that will pull in all other needed dependencies except libgmpris which needs to be manually installed before hqplayerd.

10 hours ago, luisma said:

This last command

sudo ps -ef|grep -i hqplayerd 

Will show you if HQP is running, is it running?

Did you rebooted the box?

"sudo systemctl status hqplayerd" is a good way to check if the service is enabled, running and what are the latest console messages from the server.

7 hours ago, Miska said:

"apt install -f" should be done after installing hqplayerd package, that will pull in all other needed dependencies except libgmpris which needs to be manually installed before hqplayerd.

Did as you said still get error processing package hqplayered (--install dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

8 hours ago, Miska said:

This did not work.Still get error.Did not bring in any dependencies ??

6 hours ago, Miska said:

You need to do the "sudo apt install -f" after installing hqplayerd package, not before...

Hi @Miska

I emailed you but I just did a clean install of Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS onto UpBoard Gateway and have the same dependancies error

I did "sudo apt install -f" after installing hqplayerd package as I normally do.

Something funky is going on

5 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

I emailed you but I just did a clean install of Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS onto UpBoard Gateway and have the same dependancies error

I did "sudo apt install -f" after installing hqplayerd package as I normally do.

If you are trying to install build >= 56 see:

6 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

Hi @Miska

Okay been at this for 2 days ?????????????? 

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Thats what I did ?

In your screenshot I see you doing "sudo apt install -f" and then "sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd..." but no "sudo apt install -f" after that. So there the two things are done in wrong order and as result "sudo apt install -f" does nothing, because there are no pending dependencies which are brought in only later by installing hqplayerd package.

1 minute ago, Miska said:

In your screenshot I see you doing "sudo apt install -f" and then "sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd..." but no "sudo apt install -f" after that. So there the two things are done in wrong order and as result "sudo apt install -f" does nothing, because there are no pending dependencies which are brought in only later by installing hqplayerd package.

OKay going to try.Thanks

11 minutes ago, Miska said:

Miska still didn’t,t work can you please list a list of exact commands I need to install ?