IGNORED

Outlaw's HQP Thread

Outlaw

4 hours ago, ericuco said:

Why not take a bold move and try to figure this out on your own before asking lots more questions? We are all pulling for you.

To be fair to @Outlaw , if someone is bothered by him asking 'lots more questions' then just feel free to ignore this thread and read another thread...

His questions are all directed to Miska. If Miska gets annoyed then he will say.

Otherwise there is no problem with Outlaw asking questions in his own thread here with people helping when they choose to...

3 minutes ago, asdf1000 said:

To be fair to @Outlaw , if someone is bothered by him asking 'lots more questions' then just feel free to ignore this thread and read another thread...

His questions are all directed to Miska. If Miska gets annoyed then he will say.

Otherwise there is no problem with Outlaw asking questions in his own thread here with people helping when they choose to...

Thank You.I thought forums were for people with more knowledge to help those like me who have less.We all aren't It guys and some times need guidance.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Thank You.I thought forums were for people with more knowledge to help those like me who have less.

Unless Miska says he's fed up (I doubt it) I think he will continue to help when he has time (remembering time zone differences , his work loads, life commitments  etc) and others here will happily help when they can also. Just be patient when you ask questions. It may take a day or 3 for a reply.

I say carry on :-)

The max and min volume are on the "Config" page of HQP Embedded at the top.

What do you use to control volume? A preamp remote in your hand?

image.thumb.png.91a3726136be13fcf43c6947d263e9dc.png

1 minute ago, asdf1000 said:

Unless Miska says he's fed up (I doubt it) I think he will continue to help when he has time (remembering time zone differences , his work loads, life commitments  etc) and others here will happily help when they can also. Just be patient when you ask questions. It may take a day or 3 for a reply.

I say carry on :-)

The max and min volume are on the "Config" page of HQP Embedded at the top.

What do you use to control volume? A preamp remote in your hand?

image.thumb.png.91a3726136be13fcf43c6947d263e9dc.png

Miska has been great.I know he is a busy man but always answers.Yes control volume through my preamp with remote.Have settings at -3 max and - 60 min.Start up volume -3 which I understand are default.Just wondering if thats the best for my situation.And Thank You for response.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yes control volume through my preamp with remote.Have settings at -3 max and - 60 min.Start up volume -3 which I understand are default.Just wondering if thats the best for my situation.And Thank You for response.

Yep those settings are good if you have a physical remote control in your hand.

Some people turn their preamp to max volume (or use power amp) and ONLY use HQP digital volume control. In that case you can imagine -3dB startup would go bang very loud. So in that case they would have startup volume at like -40dB and maybe even set a max volume of -20dB. To avoid having both a max HQP volume AND max pre-amp volume.

But if you change volume with preamp physical remote in your hand you don't need to worry about that.

Some people turn their preamp to max volume (or use power amp) and ONLY use HQP digital volume control. In that case you can imagine -3dB startup would go bang very loud. So in that case they would have startup volume at like -40dB and maybe even set a max volume of -20dB. To avoid having both a max HQP volume AND max pre-amp volume.

But if you change volume with preamp physical remote in your hand you don't need to worry about that.

Thank You

Thank You

Hi Miska.I updated to latest HQPlayer Embedded 4.20.3.This has happened numerous times.Try to play music nothing happens.Hooked my intel nuc used as naa to  tv and network audio isn't running.Started naa again music plays.So tonight  I left the naa connected to tv.Network audio is running.Start music networkaudio  disappears.Never had this with 4.20.2 ? The intel nuc with naa is always powered on.

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Hi Miska.I updated to latest HQPlayer Embedded 4.20.3.This has happened numerous times.Try to play music nothing happens.Hooked my intel nuc used as naa to  tv and network audio isn't running.Started naa again music plays.So tonight  I left the naa connected to tv.Network audio is running.Start music networkaudio  disappears.Never had this with 4.20.2 ? The intel nuc with naa is always powered on.

NAA gets auto-restarted in case it closes by systemd. I have not seen such behavior before. Are you running my NAA OS image?

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

This is also starange.On web page shows no backend not showing my dac but music is playing.Also when I swittch to different sdm setting network audio adapter will close ?

Did you have NAA running and DAC available when HQPlayer was started? If not, that's the reason. Those lists are populated at HQPlayer startup time.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

Edit the startup .bat that comes with the networkaudiod.

Just trying now with HQPlayer OS on usb stick works perfectly no issues.It weird with HQPlaer Embedded Ubuntu when I even stop a song and start another the naa screen just disappears and have to restart naa.Want to use with ubuntu because I have a video card coming.

10 hours ago, Miska said:

Edit the startup .bat that comes with the networkaudiod.

I think I’m having issues with the intel nuc we’re NAA is installed.Have nuc hooked up to a screen. When  I check it didn’t show naa running screen.I open task manager and it shows the NAA is actually Running.

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

When installing new version of HQPlayer Embedded on Ubuntu do you have to remove old version before installing new version ?

No, you can just "sudo dpkg -i" the new version. And sometimes, in case it complains about missing dependency, run "sudo apt install -f" after to pull in the new dependency. Which is quite rare thing to happen afterall.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers