IGNORED

Amplifier arrived with a hole in the box (take two)...

992Sam

8 hours ago, GregWormald said:

The advantage to registered mail is that it is often a precursor to legal action. It's been signed for, so nobody can say they didn't know.

Would that bear value for a legal matter in that case ?
992Sam has been neither the sender nor the receiver of the FedEx service?
Here in Europe you may have nearly no rights as receiver, every pressure for inquiery need to come from the shipper.

Definitely a shipping problem, not a Mac problem - they just haven't been very strong in volunteering acceptable solutions.  Good idea, finally, to test the exact one and re-ship!

I think everyone is suffering from the increased amount of shipping and reduced availability of shipping capacity.  Everyone I talk to, in all sectors, is saying they can't get employees.  I'm sure FedEx/UPS/USPS are scraping near the bottom of the barrel.  Most of the boxes that I receive these days are late and have some form of abuse!

Forgot to include Amazon delivery.... aarrrrrrgh!

7 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

I think everyone is suffering from the increased amount of shipping and reduced availability of shipping capacity.  Everyone I talk to, in all sectors, is saying they can't get employees.  I'm sure FedEx/UPS/USPS are scraping near the bottom of the barrel.  Most of the boxes that I receive these days are late and have some form of abuse!

Here in Mainland Europe I would refer to Amazon as the source of the problem I perceive with deliveries outside the A-ecosystem: With Amazon, they deliver in less then 48h up to 08 pm on a Saturday, without they just come next Tuesday or they outsource delivery to a pick-up point.

In fact, the Amazon service contract seems to have a higher priority than any other customers, even they obviously pay less per fullfilled service than the public or business customers.

I am reading regularly some wine enthusiast fora, and their experiences with the delivery services are no reason at all to trust DPD/DHL/FEDEX/Hermes and company. UPS in France is a different case.

As someone with a complain (lost items for example, l had in May) you first need to differentiate yourself from "fraudsters" and identify as their client (shipper) to get into a line of service that may consider helping you after a truce period (20 days in my last case) that should allow them to identify your parcel in their system.

As an Amazon customer in the same case I would have received a second delivery in 24 hours with obligation to send back the first delivery if they would ever arrive. I do not like Amazon particularly, however the advantages are very clear.

1 minute ago, DuckToller said:

As an Amazon customer in the same case I would have received a second delivery in 24 hours with obligation to send back the first delivery if they would ever arrive. I do not like Amazon particularly, however the advantages are very clear.

Agreed.... it's one of the best benefits of Amazon and Prime.... the HD music, not so much!

On 10/24/2020 at 7:40 AM, DuckToller said:

With Amazon, they deliver in less then 48h up to 08 pm on a Saturday, without they just come next Tuesday or they outsource delivery to a pick-up point.

The disconnect here is that Amazon offers vendors a huge market from which their net revenue is potentially far greater than they could generate on their own.  So it’s a simple decision - be your own person or surrender to terms and grow your business. If you surrender to their terms, the benefits have to be weighed against the costs.

My latest startup was an Amazon Associate for about a year. We had their ads on our website, and several sales were generated from IP addresses clearly on the other side of the country and not connected with us.  Amazon canceled our account because they require a minimum sales volume and claimed our sales did not meet their criteria. I had absolutely no recourse and am now left without access to their market. The revenue from their click-throughs was what I counted on to support the business in its early stage.  They got the sales but we got nothing in return.

Yes, they drive logistics - but it’s part of a business model that will prevail as long as vendors subscribe to it.