IGNORED

Great Sounding Heavy Metal?

Who knew Jada Pinkett Smith sand in a Nu-Metal band. Her daughter got together with the band and played one of their songs for mother's day. The band is Wicked Wisdom.

Jada Pinkett Smith on Instagram: “honoring some very special Mothers for Mother’s Day! @willowsmith orchestrated a really big surprise for me on this episode as well by…”

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

8 hours ago, Confused said:

I was intrigued that you included The Cult here, and nothing wrong with that, as it happens I was listening to "Love" maybe two weeks back.  I guess they might generally be considered "Gothic Rock" rather than Heavy Metal, although the OP did state that the genre can be a little undefined.  When I think of The Cult, my mind usually drifts to the Sisters of Mercy, although I note that the Sisters of Mercy typically use a drum machine, whereas The Cult use the real thing.  Some maybe The Cult are one side of the genre dividing line and the Sisters of Mercy drift the other?  (or maybe It's all Rock and Roll, as Lemmy would say)

I discovered Sisters of Mercy a few years back. I knew of the name but never listened to them before until a few years ago.

I really like what I heard on the one Album of theirs that I own called "Floodland". I have yet to explore the other Albums they have but plan to in the near future. Another good one that I find similar is "The Church". Good stuff either way

I guess I've always considered The Cult Metal because they have that kind of sound IMO but agree they might just as easily be on the Goth side as well. Kind of like Danzig I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Something new ....

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.