IGNORED

So many options so little answers

Bliman

Question

Hi all,

This place is recommended to me by someone on youtube.

First a little background. My system consists of a lyngdorf sda 2175 power amplifier, a nad c542 cd player, an rme adi-2 dac/pre, Dynaudio 52 Se speakers and a  q acoustics 2070s subwoofer.

I am getting less and less room for storing my cd's.

This is what I want : I want to store all my music and play them with a streamer or server or something like that (it is all so confusing). In the future I will also likely want to play Tidal.

I want to replace my cd player so it has to be very very good quality. And my budget is around 1000 €/$.

I have seen so many things that I just don't know it anymore.

I have heard about a nuc, raspberry pi, Innuos Zen mini, Cambridge Audio CXV(V2), etc...

So I have a very good dac with the RME, and I can rip cd's on my computer with dB Poweramp.

Now the question is what do you guys recommend for me?

I have seen many glowing reviews for the Innuos , but I don't think I  really need the feature of ripping because it can be done with the computer.

I also read that the Innuos is very good because it has a very good power supply.

I am looking for something that is some sort of giant killer or that is very very good price/quality.

My audio dealer said to go for the Cambridge Audio, but I rather not because I was not convinced by one of their products and it has a dac which I don't need.

So I would need some help here.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:41 AM, bluesman said:

The USB audio carries +5.0V(+0.5V, -0.25V)

The maximum voltage given of +5.5V is above the specifications of 5.25V (ATX v2.2)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 hours ago, sandyk said:

The maximum voltage given of +5.5V is above the specifications of 5.25V (ATX v2.2)

Right - but I'm not the source of that information.  It was in the quoted reply I got from the US SOtM distributor:

image.png.1efce70dca1edb291a3b37c460f7872a.png

Hi David,

Thanks for your email. The audio USB and the two USB ports are on the same bus. The USB audio carries +5.0V(+0.5V, -0.25V)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Kamal

Since the point under discussion was whether their USB "audio" port carried power, the meat of the answer was that it does.  As I recall, the spec for USB is 5V +/- 5% - but there seemed to be little point in clouding the issue under discussion.

It appears that Kamal was also wrong about the bus.

Thanks!

David

17 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Wireless?

Yes. It is upstairs. I have normal connection with my smartphone.

I also have normal connection with the laptop. But maybe after 10 minutes or so the laptop freezes. And I must do a hard reboot.

If I disable the connection then there is no problem and it never freezes.

I am talking about the laptop. I always got interruption when playing with Jriver (have not tested with another player) about 4 times or so in an hour (have not counted it precisely), I have a feeling it is more in the beginning when the pc has started (I think).

56 minutes ago, Bliman said:

If I disable the connection then there is no problem and it never freezes.

Not easy to give a proper advice here. 

It could be SW, it could be HW. Or both. 

It’s attempting to suggest to upgrade the WiFi card if possible in the PC. They are cheap and easy to swap.

Did you install W10 pro as I suggest ? 

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Not easy to give a proper advice here. 

It could be SW, it could be HW. Or both. 

It’s attempting to suggest to upgrade the WiFi card if possible in the PC. They are cheap and easy to swap.

Did you install W10 pro as I suggest ? 

Yeah I did install W10 pro. Yeah I have to search further to see if it is software or hardware. But I thought I would give you people an update.