IGNORED

High Quality Power Strip for router etc.

I'm looking to upgrade a computer power strip (PS) that powers my router, several SMPS, computer, etc. I'm currently using a $25 power strip bought 8-10 years ago. Now that I'm streaming music from the router that is powered by this PS, I'd like a replacement that will hopefully bring a sound quality bump and do a better job than what I have now. What are you using to do similar duty in your systems? Budget is relatively open but don't really want to spend for a power conditioner. Seems it may be overkill in this position? 

The reason for me posting here is that I am a happy ER user.

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > Router to "A" side is Monoprice Cat 5e Monoprice > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to wall (ER has SR4T LPS)  > 15-20' Cat 5e run to audio room > 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers. Aurender N10, ER, SR4T LPS.

The Tripp Lite aluminum strips are my favorite.

They came in many different models, I have 3 of the 16 outlet ones around the lab and several of the 8 outlet ones in various places in the house. They come with mounting brackets that make them easy to mount wherever you want.

This is one I just got to give you an idea:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X3GZVN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one of these behind the TV in the family room to connect the TV, dish receiver, AVR, sub amp, blue ray player, chromecast, oh and even an old VHS VCR.

This particular one is going on the back of the financial desk for laptop, display, two printers, postage scale and Ethernet switch.

John S.

13 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Hi John S

I thought you preferred the simple power strips without surge protection? But that one seems to have surge protection?

For audio equipment I prefer them without the surge suppression, but I bought this one for the computers, printers etc., for that I go with the surge suppression.

John S.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:40 AM, JohnSwenson said:

I haven't actually measured them but I have taken one apart and carefully looked at them. They actually use socket "blocks" with heavy duty wires in between. The socket blocks are built very well with high quality contacts. Most power strips do not have anywhere near as good contacts as these. No they are not as good as a $500 "audiophile" power strip, but they are close and cost WAY less.

John S.

Many local Audiophile recommend the British Plugs and socket for the simple fact that the contact points have so much more real estate. As opposed to the Euro or US ones. 

The  Doug Scroder  cabling method also recommends more thicker or doubling of cables. 

High end cables also have thicker gauge + better materials.

But the plug remains the same. Is this a bottle neck? 

@JohnSwenson  could I ask your view on this? Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Yes! Some sacred cows have been harmed in your presentation.

Thank you for your hypothesis, which is valid always.

However to me the Doug Scroder cabling did help. Even in the pre to power amp connection. I am happy to consider this to be a placebo effect - which suits me fine

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

I appreciate the two recommendations so far. Anyone else have a recommendation?

Digital: 1Gbs Fiber to house, then to endpoint > looks like copper from endpoint to router (all stock from ATT) > Router to "A" side is Monoprice Cat 5e Monoprice > ER "B" side 3' Supra 8+ to wall (ER has SR4T LPS)  > 15-20' Cat 5e run to audio room > 3' Supra 8+ to Aurender N10.

System: TAD Evolution system: M2500 amp, C2000 pre/DAC, E-1 speakers. Aurender N10, ER, SR4T LPS.

@JohnSwenson

As always, really appreciate your insight.

Consonance pw-3 power boards - these are the model without filter, & are used immediately downstream of an Elgar iso transformer.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.