IGNORED

Article: Simple Raspberry Pi Fun Without a Power Supply

21 hours ago, MikePM said:

Great article.  My question is the overall merit of doing PoE.  I can get a PoE switch that injects power into the system relatively cheaply, but does it also add noise generally or otherwise degrade other parts of the system.  If its one device, maybe just adding power to the R Pi would be better?  

Hi Mike, there may be many "better" options but it really depends on what one's goal is. Mine was to create an audio endpoint with PoE so I could run a single cable to it (Ethernet) and a single cable out of it (USB). The simplicity is what I want out of this device. I have Sonore Rendu devices for everything else.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 minutes ago, frederick184 said:

Up and running here.  I used Ubuntu 20.04 and downloaded Roon Bridge.  Using a PoE injector from the B side of an EtherRegen to the Raspberry Pi.  Other than a temporary issue with my DAC (thanks Chris) it's working perfectly, and sounds much better than I thought it would.  

Colin

Very cool Colin. 

Did you use the linked file to quiet the fan noise? Or, did you get a PoE hat without a fan?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...