IGNORED

I feel so humbled!

I'm assuming you're humbled by their "technical abilities" to stream the event from her iPad to the television. I can understand that. I'm no hardcore digital media expert but I always feel like I have a good understanding on how all of that stuff works. I'm the one that my teenage and pre-teen kids come to when they have any issues. However, those days are fast becoming numbered. 

My son (the teenage one) wanted me to watch something on YouTube (Apex Legends video game trailers) through the app on our PS4. There were apparently some issues with it and I told him I could fix it. He was watching me wondering what the heck I was doing. "Dad, I can fix it", he said, as he whipped out his iPhone 8+ and a moment later, he was streaming it to the TV making minor adjustments along the way. To make matters worse - for me - he was expertly explaining story lines in the development of all the characters in the game and putting together a menagerie of how Apex works and kept asking what do I think of it all. 

"Um, yeah, it's ok", I said, trying to keep whatever 'Cool Dad' image I had left. Honestly, I was very impressed and he got such a kick out of jumping from YouTube channel to YouTube channel on his phone and on the PS4 to explain this Apex universe. When it was over, I thank him for sharing that with me and went upstairs.

It was then I realized just how proud I was of him. And then there's my daughter....  🙂

Sources: iPad Air 3, iPhone 8+, Asus Chromebook C201-PA

DAC/AMP: Hidisz S8, Astell & Kern XB10 Bluetooth module

IEM's: Fiio FA1, Hidisz Seeds, Fiio FH1S, Shouer H27, BGVP KC2, KZ ZS10 Pro's, (and several lesser iem's and earbuds)

Accesories: Various MMCX and 2-pin cables.

-----------------------------------------

Professional pianist, composer - master improvisationist.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:58 PM, AnotherSpin said:

My nephew has the skills of playing computer games in his iPhone, with the level of skill which I even to not begin to grasp. But for some reason, I don't feel humbled. Rather I feel sorry for the boy who for hours drives his finger on the screen, but can not cut  a bow with arrows with his own hands, as we did in our childhood.

There is no reason for you to feel humbled. By the same token, neither should you feel sorry for your nephew. It's simply a question of different generations and their attendant forms of enjoyment. I'll bet that your nephew doesn't know who Roy Rogers was either.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

14 hours ago, Allan F said:

There is no reason for you to feel humbled. By the same token, neither should you feel sorry for your nephew. It's simply a question of different generations and their attendant forms of enjoyment. I'll bet that your nephew doesn't know who Roy Rogers was either.

But he can google it!

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, lucretius said:

But he can google it!

But the point is, why would he even want to?

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I don't know who Roy Rogers was.

Somewhat surprising given your nostalgia about making your own bow and arrows as a kid, as they often went together with playing cowboys and Indians.

14 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Somewhat surprising given your nostalgia about making your own bow and arrows as a kid, as they often went together with playing cowboys and Indians.

As a child I learned to handle a knife, needle, sew, how to repair books, clothes and furniture. I learned how to cook food, etc. I'm talking about it. Roy Rogers - American cultural symbols are not as popular in the world as you might think when you look from America.

By the way, I designed and assembled my own equipment rack from resonance deaf Italian blue granite and bronze parts 🙂

6 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Roy Rogers - American cultural symbols are not as popular in the world as you might think when you look from America.

You missed the point. Roy Rogers was used as an example of a person very well known to kids of another generation, albeit in North America. I have no idea where you are from but I am sure there were people who were viewed as icons when you were a kid, whose names would mean absolutely nothing to your nephew.