IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN (Objective Discussion Only)

On 3/23/2020 at 7:22 PM, Superdad said:

That's nothing compared to the "moderator" at Audio Science Review this morning posting this vile gem:

"I hear uptone claim to have a vaccine for coronavirus..."

People are dying and this is the sort of crap we see?!

Hi,

Whether or not the AS community thread is politically correct the question remains - what is the purpose of the EtherREGEN device?

So far there is no scientific evidence to the device having a positive effect on sound quality.

Why don't you just publish the the research you did that compelled you to design the device in question?

//niklas

36 minutes ago, Superdad said:

We did.

But some do not seem happy with that.

And John just spent $14K+ on a very sensitive phase-noise measurement system to prove that aspect of his theory.

UpTone-J.Swenson_EtherREGEN_white_paper.

Hi,

I read the paper, very well written.

Please publish the test results of your device producing a superior sound quality compared to any other sub 100$ network switch.

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

We did.

But some do not seem happy with that.

And John just spent $14K+ on a very sensitive phase-noise measurement system to prove that aspect of his theory.

UpTone-J.Swenson_EtherREGEN_white_paper.

Still the question remains;

Please publish the test results of your device producing a superior sound quality compared to any other sub 100$ network switch.

14 minutes ago, Seraph said:

Still the question remains;

@Superdad
Show me the numbers that your device makes [edit]any rig sound better and I'll order your network switch right now.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

I repeat:

The only way that superior sound quality can be verified is by performing a series of correctly performed independent DBT sessions , NOT by using measurements.

However, this appears to be a concept foreign to you.

Hi,

This is the Objective-Fi part of this forum. Please abide to the laws of physics.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:06 PM, mfsoa said:

Exactly which measurements have been shown to correlate to the sound quality of ethernet switches? Surely you have this information as you are looking to have specific numerical values inserted so you can determine what the product sounds like.

Surely it would help Uptone if you provide them that list, along with target values that you know to provide "bad" "acceptable" or "above average"  so that they know what measurements to be concerned with. 

I would also like this information for sneakers...watches...food...women... Is there ANY other freaking hobby in the world where looking at numbers on a page is seen as an adequate substitute for actually USING (listening) to the device under test? 

I'll give you numbers but first you have to listen to the unit in question. Now I give you the numbers 11 and 0.004. Has the sound of the unit changed? No? You mean having numbers made no difference to the sound of the unit?

Why do we need others to tell us our stereo sounds good?

How about any measurements that shows what this device does?

10 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

There have been so many things that were unexplained for a while before the gears evolved measure and prove them. Tonnes of theories. It was believed the sun revolved around the earth for centuries. And some people still believe that way, just like you people do in audio.

The finding typically comes first, explanation next and proof later! If you want to miss out on an experience, it's your wish. I've factually disproven the credibility of assessment techniques at asr and innerfidelity (read older Post). I'm yet to see even a dc offset measurement, crosstalk measurement from asr all of which can kick both the transducer and your perception for a spin.

But in this case it has not been proven that the device in question does anything whatsoever.

25 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

I've factually disproven the credibility of assessment techniques at asr and innerfidelity (read older Post).

That is interesting. Exactly when and how did you arrive to this conclusion? Are the people over at ASR aware of this? 

28 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Stop trying to 'save' people from buying audio products from reputable companies.

UpTone Audio has a reputation of peddling devices with questionable purpose and has not shown any interest in backing up their claims with scientific data. If anyone wants to buy their products, I honestly don't care. But as this is the "objective" part of the forum on this site I want to express my opinion.

55 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You ask that question as if it has meaning. Like the people over there are the arbiters of truth and science. I highly recommend you look at that site a little closer for conflicts of interest, disingenuous “reviews,” and measurements corrected much after the fact / damage has been done. 

As far as I have seen if there has been a conflict of interest in a review on the site in question, it has been clearly stated in the beginning of the review with a notion that the reader should take this in to consideration.

8 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Aha! There, you said it. How 'objective' of you. 

Hey, I think the science behind things is fascinating, and would love to read about it, but merely stating something 'can't work' without factual information is just as subjective as saying 'it does' without that info. The emperor has no clothes. 

My opinion being the device does nothing whatsoever for sound quality based on test results done.

6 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Which is probably about 90% of hifi, at least according to many (including my wife). 

This is probably true, at least in the case of UpTone Audio products.

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It wouldn't do well for his pocket book if he had to tell his customers that the stuff they are buying from him doesn't measure as well as the cheap stuff. 

So you have an issue with products Amir does not review? Not with his equipment or methodology?

22 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Let's leave aside that what you probably meant was that we have not yet provided graphical/visual proof of the efficacy of the EtherREGEN.

No scientific proof whatsoever, in other words. I honestly hope you publish these results soon. If you manage to back up your claims with cold scientific facts, I'll buy one. EDIT: Not really, but I might consider it.

4 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Probably not looking hard enough but I'm not seeing a lot of evidence-based posting in this thread. 

Just the same one bickering and ad hominem attacks from folks on both sides of the great divide.

I'm starting to get the feeling that to get a straight answer on this site I need to let my monitors burn in for another two weeks before the veil is lifted and I see the evidence I've been asking for.

4 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Then you are welcome to leave.

BTW, I think most will agree that if you have brand new speakers they need to 'burn in' to sound their best compared to just about any other piece of audio equipment. Even the most hardened objectivists know that. 

Think I'm going to stick around and dog-pile on snake oil peddlers in this part of the forum whenever needs be.

55 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Putting aside that science is not about "proof", until such time that there are established and scientifically validated measurements that correlate and concord with perceived "sound quality" then the "whole point of your argument" is moot. To put it in more pithy terms, your argument is either misconstrued pseudoscience or borne out of biased agenda. My vote, given your tone here, is the latter but based on the former.

So what is it, do you know what makes the device technically superior to any other 20 times more affordable switches

1 minute ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Would that be for the people that demand objective scientific answers but discard objective scientific methods ? A familiar refrain.

Make your thread about whatever you please.