IGNORED

Article: UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Review and Comparison

9 hours ago, rhmmmm said:

They look pretty scary and I’m not sure the posters in those, other than the manufacturer, would reply well. This seems to be the best place for conversation about the product so far. 

Are you kidding?  Even I especially avoid replying over at ASR. :S They have knives out--attacking the slightest utterance from us. They completely dismissed John's paper, and even when we publish the measurement graphs I guarantee they will bury their heads in the sand and deny all of what we are trying to explain. If they were the least bit civil I might try reason...

2 hours ago, Nenon said:

Can't disagree with the importance of the room. I give the room 50% in my system. It's more important than any single component. 

Me too. That's why I custom built my studio over a decade ago.  But I can't package and ship it by mail or FedEx. :P

44 minutes ago, rhmmmm said:

I use a NAS/Computer to stream to an Ethernet Renderer on my MSB DAC.

I'm very interested in this product and about to pull the trigger.

Great. There are at least a dozen MSB DAC users (that I know of) enjoying the EtherREGEN, so your chances are good. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wine Doctor said:

Thus, if one wants to play Hi-Res and DSD streams, one will not be able to take advantage of the higher sound quality advertised by Melco from the S-100's 100mb ports.  In addition, one may have more than four devices that need to connect to the four 1gb ports on S-100.  These limitations are not reported by Melco, which is lamentable.

This seems rather off-topic in relation to the EtherREGEN review here.  

But since you bring it up, I can tell you that I--and many other EtherREGEN owners--are able to play DSD512 across the EtherREGEN's moat. ('A'side ports are all Gigabit-capable, 'B' side port is 100Mbps only.) Just sayin'...9_9

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, MHar said:

Will the presence of a NetGear GS-108 switch upstream from the EtherRegen benefit from the "2-switch" synergy or is it too low end to matter?

Probably will not help.  And from some reports I have seen, putting a cheap extra switch before the EtherREGEN might be slightly worse.  But no harm, and little cost, in experimenting! :D

• 3 months later...