IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

29 minutes ago, SK8 said:

Is there a new Pink Faun PCIe I2S Bridge board? I have their existing bridge board and have a plan to connect the I2S signal output lines directly to a BD34301 DAC board.

there will/may be one...yet at the price level they are pointing with the new USB card I'm not sure it'll win many friends...

I have the ultra OXCO I2S bridge and love it, even when already expensive but doubling that price the new one needs to be a MAJOR MAJOR improvement...

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

I’m sure you all have seen this already.

IMG_8753.thumb.png.96bc3a754398e9a18b66f060b430c7c4.pngIMG_8754.thumb.png.20b4f988abe4feb61a314bcaa2f0dd1c.png

I know which software I will be installing on my DIY Extreme server. (I guess being painfully slow has its perks.)

considering it will be on the extreme and the Olympus, it should make the DIY extreme more compatible with the I/O😎🎶

On 6/14/2024 at 11:10 AM, MarcelNL said:

there will/may be one...yet at the price level they are pointing with the new USB card I'm not sure it'll win many friends...

According to their website, the new PF ultra usb bridge is only exclusively available to those that already own a server they sell. So even if they make a new I2S card, there’s a chance you can’t buy it without buying their server. 

We need someone to offer some new I2S pcie cards for the DIY community. Surely there is some company, or individual, that can produce them. We could make a mass order like we did the recent DIY chassis.

I am still laying out my wires for my DIY Sage Taiko clone. 
I have a question about the 24 pin ATX

Which are the pins that are not used?

I know this was covered here before, but I cannot find it. 
also, I am going to be using two different wires. I have the white Oyaide that Tokyo uses in their server, but only enough for 14 runs out of 24. The rest, I will be using the stranded Angelique wire.

I am planning to use the Angelique wire on the 12 V pens. Do you know which are the corresponding ground pins?

Will you please recommend which pens to use the Angelique wire on?

I am assuming that all 24 pin ATX connectors are the same. Does this picture look great for the sage?

Thank you
IMG_8768.thumb.jpeg.a614856900026e700c9c3b07bb152f87.jpeg

5 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

I am still laying out my wires for my DIY Sage Taiko clone. 
I have a question about the 24 pin ATX

Which are the pins that are not used?

I know this was covered here before, but I cannot find it. 
also, I am going to be using two different wires. I have the white Oyaide that Tokyo uses in their server, but only enough for 14 runs out of 24. The rest, I will be using the stranded Angelique wire.

I am planning to use the Angelique wire on the 12 V pens. Do you know which are the corresponding ground pins?

Will you please recommend which pens to use the Angelique wire on?

I am assuming that all 24 pin ATX connectors are the same. Does this picture look great for the sage?

Thank you
IMG_8768.thumb.jpeg.a614856900026e700c9c3b07bb152f87.jpeg

-5V and -12V are not used. 

Industry disclosure: 

Dealer for: Taiko Audio, Aries Cerat, Audio Mirror, Sean Jacobs

https://chicagohifi.com 

In the ULPS-Case I have found room for the sls-05-030-1t (5Volt LPS) - it was suggested by exposer - this thing is fantastic it is powering my JCAT-Xe it sound better then the plixir... 5volt-SPL.webp.55c36ff9d9662cc4a4c9a2cce1d6a404.webp

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

6 hours ago, abase said:

In the ULPS-Case I have found room for the sls-05-030-1t (5Volt LPS) - it was suggested by exposer - this thing is fantastic it is powering my JCAT-Xe it sound better then the plixir... 5volt-SPL.webp.55c36ff9d9662cc4a4c9a2cce1d6a404.webp

those Solas are a true steal. All you need is some wire, an Iec inlet, output connector. I had an extra chassis so I just moved it into that:

IMG_8044.thumb.jpeg.7ba990b8f959b85a9a84f118ca96ccdc.jpeg

1 hour ago, Exocer said:

All you need is some wire, an Iec inlet, output connector

in my case that are two birds with one stone - My DIY-Server has a good inlet, a good power cord and a audiograde fuse (master fuse)
So no money needed for that twice ;-)

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

@AngeloVRA I believe the heatpipes should be mounted as A, with the pointy tip at the CPU. Read in some spec sheet that is the preferred direction.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

40 minutes ago, MarcelNL said:

@AngeloVRA I believe the heatpipes should be mounted as A, with the pointy tip at the CPU. Read in some spec sheet that is the preferred direction.

Hi @MarcelNL

Thanks for the tip!

On my part:

- I usually prefer the blunt tip at the CPU since that would have the least amount of protruding length that may interfere with other MB components. Somehow, I felt that the blunt tip would be more appropriate at the hot end which had higher pressure.

- In the case of "A" above, I used the pointy end (tail end) as it gave me a bit of clearance above that MB capacitor.  As I stated above, for this install, 250mm heat pipe towards the rear was a tiny bit too long so the excess length had to protrude at the CPU side.

But thank you for the suggestion.