IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

3 hours ago, Nenon said:

48G (12 x 4G)

I had the same problem initially. But then I realized I had the bottom plate upside down (took me good 10-15 minutes scratching my head). That may not be your case but it's worth checking - are the feet holes on the bottom countersink? If they are, you might have done the same thing as me... if that's the case, flip the bottom plate, and some of the other pieces may come into place too. 

Both sides were the same. Ton confirmed there were some that were not properly drilled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

Do you have any advice for assembling the Chassis, please?

I remember some issues because people installed things upside down. Some holes are threaded, some holes are not threaded….

I know that planning things three dimensionality will be much easier with it assembled.

I am worried about parts that will be overly difficult to disassemble, if they are connected to multiple other parts. 

(thanks for being a community where I can ask an Uh-Duh question)😁

Hi,

The big issues for me were the Faceplate being uneven (Side panel flipped the wrong way apparently). And getting the rear panel attached. Not all the screw holes lined up. Also had to retap the bottom holes of the side panels. Make sure the L Brackets attach correctly too. Hole for transformer bolt was not drilled properly. Was a very frustrating project. Turned out great for the most part in the end.

Mike

edit: things should come apart without a problem after the dry run. My mistake was I didn’t do a dry run.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, flowcharts said:

@BCRich how is the GaN rectifier?  Did you get a chance to compare it in isolation to whatever was previously in its place?

Hi, I honestly didn’t have an opportunity to do a direct comparison as my Taiko Rectifier wasn’t operating optimally.

I can tell you this I have no FOMO having put the Power GaN into play.

This was one of several changes so also hard to say how each are impacting the overall sonics. 

2 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

My shielding came in today. It looks like I have a little bit of room to work in the Rectifier area.

@drjimwillie Hi Willie,

I would suggest you see if you have the room to turn both of the Martin Mug Chokes 180 degrees. That just might give you enough space to mount the Rectifier PCB on the side wall like I did in my build. I put the larger Duelund cap in between the side wall and the PCB; you will not have the ability to do that with that copper barrier. Not sure what other options you have.

Cheers,

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...