IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

17 hours ago, matthias said:

That would be 2250 USD for the complete PS with the Taiko parts and is then less expensive than the JCAT or Farad solution and probably less than SJ as well.

Most certainly better SQ than the alternatives?

Matt

It would be very interesting to know how the PSU's compare to each other.

The Farad however is different then the other PSU's, it is way more flexible, it has multiple output and voltage options. It can power USB, Network and Clock cards externally.

But it cannot deliver enough current for a dual CPU system. A solution could be to use a Super Farad 10 in combination with a Super Farad ATX. Only this will set you probably back another € 1000,-, so total will be  around € 3.700,-. That is way more then the Taiko/Nenon solution.

44 minutes ago, Nenon said:

It can do 40A continuously on the 12V rail if that's of any use to you.

And it's 99% efficient. Depending on the input voltage and the load, it can get up to 99.3% efficiency. In fact the most inefficient component I have in the prototype is the transformer. 

40 amps very nice.

I am curious how much are the other voltages.

I noticed with the DHDPlex converter the 5VSB wasn't enought to ower the single Xeon setup.

It delivers 1,5 amps on the 5VSB, which is not enough. 

Also how large are the PSU components, will they fit in for example a HDPlex case?

I can imagine that you need a big transformator to supply all the power.

How much is the input voltage of the converter board and what input connector is being used?

Any pictures available yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Anyone perhaps has a Solarflare X2522 working under Windows 10 LTSC?

After installing the card, the computer starts up fine, but after installing the windows drivers (Win Server 2019), I get a blue screen.

When removing the card everything works fine.