IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m working on an article about these. This music and recording quality are incredible and need to be heard by more people. These albums have brought me so much joy. 

Looking forward to it!

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m working on an article about these. This music and recording quality are incredible and need to be heard by more people. These albums have brought me so much joy. 

Which ones would you recommend as a starting point for checking out the label's catalogue?

11 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Which ones would you recommend as a starting point for checking out the label's catalogue?

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto's Midnight Sugar and Misty and Isao Suzuki's Blow Up would be my choices

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto's Midnight Sugar

Started listening to it on Youtube meanwhile. Sounds interesting. The pianist definitely had his own style which itself earns bonus points!

Interestingly, seems that TBM albums were available not only as vinyl, CD and SACD but also on DXD CD - Digital eXtreme Definition Compact Disc. Sounds good, doesn't it.? :D

Recoded from a Direct Cut LP at 32-bit 352.8 kHz resolution
Two Cartridges were used to record the same music, Van Den Hul Colbri XC-HO and FIM Black Ebony

Disc made of 99,9999% silver

Playable on ANY CD player

To put it simply - a CD for analogue lovers! ;) I'm quite curious about the SQ of such a thing!

Here is a review of another Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio album in this format:

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio What A Wonderful Trio.

Edit: Another DXD CD description (no LP source is mentioned here):

DXD Digital eXtreme Definition: 
Digital eXtreme Definition (DXD) is an audio encoding scheme that was developed for editing high-resolution recordings because DSD, the audio standard used on Super Audio CD is not ideally suited for editing. DXD is a PCM-like signal with 24-bit resolution sampled at 352.8 kHz - eight times 44.1 kHz, the sampling frequency of Red Book CD. The data rate is 11.2896 Mbit/s - four times that of DSD! 

FIM/LIM DXD CDs have taken this a step further to bring you closer to the source. Instead of making two or more sample rate conversions as with SACD, FIM/LIM recorded the source in DXD! The data rate for a DXD mono signal is 8467.2MHz, or more than 3X the data rate of a typical SACD! Experience the closest you can get to the original performance in the comfort of your home!

Features:
24 Karat Gold Disc
Digital eXtreme Definition Compact Disc (DXD CD)
Can be played on any CD player

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, Nikhil said:

+1

Almost anything by Tsuyoshi Yamamoto can be bought blind.

But digging deeper I would highly recommend Fukumura Hiroshi's superb "Morning Flight" album

Masaru Imada's "Green Caterpillar" is also in there - the title track is straight up fire.

Imada's album "Alone Together" with George Mraz is another great album.

Yoshio Otomo's title track in "Moonray" is another gem.

Regards

All great recommendations.....a perfect starter list for TBM!

Legacy Audio CaliberXD custom, dual Legacy Foundation Subs with Legacy Wavelet, Esoteric P-02, D-02, C-02, and A-02, Cybershaft Custom Premium Limited OP21 10 mHz Clock, SHUNYATA TRITON v3 & TYPHON QR, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 & EP2750, CH Copper Busbar Main & GE Sub-panel, 20-amp dedicated circuits, Dual 10’ Ground Rods, CADWELD bonding, Avatar Acoustics AfterBurner8 duplexes (5), Elrod MASTER SERIES Statement Gold Powercords (4), Elrod Statement Gold Powercords (2), Elrod Statement Silver Powercords (1), Elrod Statement Gold XLR (2 pair), Shunyata SIGMA AES/EBU 110ohm (2), Shunyata SIGMA CLOCK-50 (3), Shunyata SIGMA XLR, Shunyata Anaconda Zitron XLR, B.M.C. PureUSB1, Elrod Statement Gold custom speaker cables, Elrod MASTERS SERIES SG JUMPERS (4), Adona AV45CS4, AV45, Composite Audio CF-2010, HRS DPX Damping Plates (11), Stillpoints UltraSS w/Ultra Bases

Computer Audio/Rip Playback: Apple MacBook Pro 15” 2019, 6-core i9, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (Music Library, Playback S/W & O/S here), Audirvana+ v3, iTunes, etc….

3 minutes ago, zephyr24069 said:

Chris,

Thank you very much for alerting that these limited supply discs were out en masse.

After a very polite but disappointing reply from DiscUnion and absolutely zero response from Craftsman Records,

I had almost given up.  Thank you to a very good friend who lives in Japan, he agree to take on the task of ordering

all 40 from Discunion, shipping locally to him and the repackaging and shipping to me via Japan EMS.

This treasure trove of Japanese jazz greats that I'd followed since I stumbled on many on XRCD and XRCD2 in the

early to mid-2000s  in much the same way as you did arrived late yesterday.   I've continued to buy many on XRCD24

and SACD ever since however this set is special and IMHO is of a quality that puts it in very rarefied company amongst

the finest pressings of any kind and certainly for RBCD.

It was well worth the stretch and extra effort,....these CDs are meticulously remastered and cut by Craftsman and 

sound absolutely beautiful.  

Thank you very much again for posting this set exists!!!

Great to hear!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 6 months later...