IGNORED

Three Blind Mice Supreme Collection

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a good start to a mice thread x-D

BTW it seems they play those instruments after all.. 9_9 

(it's so difficult to provoke @The Computer Audiophile to some serious discussion) :/

Dark, Disturbing and Somewhat Horrible, the History and Origins of Nursery Rhymes #1: 🐭Three Blind Mice 🐭 :

Have you ever wondered where the darling, sweet nursery rhyme you read or sing to your child came from?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 3:41 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I just stumbled upon this new collection of Three Blind Mice albums, many of which I don't own. It looks like they are available from DiskUnion in Japan. Does anyone have a US source?

https://diskunion.net/jazz/ct/news/article/1/82326

Wow!  Chris that is a stunning find.  Missed this thread completely.

Music from the TBM label is some of the best Japanese jazz out there .

From the rest of the comments it looks like most on here have no clue about the TBM label.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

34 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’ve been working with the record label to get this complete 40 album set from Japan. It should ship soon. Much more to come from me about it :~)

Whoa!  That is amazing.  Please keep us posted!

I would really like to have a download version if possible.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Just now, audio.bill said:

Congrats on getting the complete set, hope you enjoy all the new tunes! Can you share pricing info, i.e. is there any discount on the set vs individual pricing? TIA

Obtaining the discs is a real challenge. I worked with the record label and the distributor. No break on pricing for the entire set. Plus, it cost me $280 in FedEx shipping, and that's using my pre-negotiated business rates. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I like to consider us, art collectors. 

If only the value of our collections behaved the way that prices of most good pieces of art behave.. 9_9  Moreover, in case of music files - the very moment you buy them their second hand value goes down to zero, cause you can't sell them..

OTOH in most cases you can buy a new album by a given musician or band. 

Try to get a not pre-owned Picasso! :D

On 2/7/2020 at 9:27 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Obtaining the discs is a real challenge. I worked with the record label and the distributor. No break on pricing for the entire set. Plus, it cost me $280 in FedEx shipping, and that's using my pre-negotiated business rates. 

But frankly, isn't it more exciting and fun (although obviously the whole process is time consuming) than downloading files?  :)

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s certainly a different experience ripping 40 discs and going through the hassle of getting the discs. 

I'm sure they'll give you years of enjoyment.

I picked up most of these a number of years ago when they were released in paper jacket versions. My favorites are the Tsuyoshi Yamamoto and Isao Suzuki ones.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Just now, kumakuma said:

I'm sure they'll give you years of enjoyment.

I picked up most of these a number of years ago when they were released in paper jacket versions. My favorites are the Tsuyoshi Yamamoto and Isao Suzuki ones.

I’m working on an article about these. This music and recording quality are incredible and need to be heard by more people. These albums have brought me so much joy. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png