IGNORED

Summus Server from Euphony Audio

bobfa

Hey DC,

I’ve spent the better part of the week getting my Music Files squared away. Just started listening a bit last night and just got home about a half hour ago. Been listening to the Stylus Player and really like it, it definitely sounds better than Roon, especially if you are using HQPlayer Embedded, however I don’t expect it to handle the more intense algorithms that HQP is capable of given that it is passively cooled. Still getting familiar with it though. 
Stay safe and Healthy!

Mike

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, dc-audiogeek said:

@BCRich

Thanks for your impressions!

I ordered a Euphony Summus myself. It was delivered yesterday and it's awesome! A huge step up from the Euphony PTS. I won't have any serious listening time available until this weekend, but I'm very happy with the brief time I've spent with it.

Whoo!

--Marc

Cool, looking forward to your impressions as well. What Power Supply are you using?

Enjoy the Music Marc!

Mike

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, hasticus said:

How you compare sound with Sonore/Uptone and Summus? which mode do you use in Summus?

@hasticus, so far I have only been listening using Roon/HQPe and Stylus/HQPe to the OpticalRendu.

I have not done a direct connection between the Summus and my Bryston BDA-3 DAC. 
As far as Sonic quality goes the Stylus Player is very musical, at times I like it very much and other times I like how Roon sounds. If I had to make a choice I would say Stylus is probably the better of the two.

At some point I will connect the Summus directly to my DAC, I just have not had the time .

The EtherRegen definitely took things up to another level. 

12 hours ago, Foggie said:

Can elaborate on this, as it's confusing to me on wording => its better than ROON and even better than ROON with HQP?

I've tried direct to DAC vs endpoint etc.. and is hard to beat the optical setup and keeping all the "crap" in a network room IMHO, but will be interesting on your findings.  Have fun!

@Foggie, sorry to be confusing.... I’m a die hard HQPlayer user, after quite a bit of listening I would have to say Stylus sounds more musical than Roon no matter how you compare things. I have not used Stylus without HQP as that would require the direct connection to my DAC or the used of StylusEP.  I will say that I have compared Roon with its own upsampling engine and while it’s more that listenable I still like Stylus + HQP more so. The Summus and PS are in another room. No time to move things around right now. I do miss the smooth integration of Qobuz that Roon affords when using Stylus. I switch back and forth depending on my mood.