IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.7 With Valence Is Released

@The Computer Audiophile hi Chris well 1.7 downloaded and loaded without me saying ok actually did it twice saying it might take a while to resync my data base. Well when it came on it no longer recognizes my brand new Schiit Yggdrasil GS nor old ME2 DAC it did several hours ago in the old version what 1.6.

Do you or anyone else know how to get this new version to recognize my DACs---I have no way to listen to music now got to be some 'trick'/easy solution for this without having to deal with 'support' or 'community' who will ask same stupid questions what my system is ect and send a screenshot ---of what a blank screen with no zones except my apple tv mac output and chromecast google home

thanks for anybody's assistance--have already turned ROON on/off repeatedly still no zones with my 2 DACs maybe I should a 'shutdown' or 'forced quit' of the mac mini will wait to see what you say

@The Computer Audiophile I couldn't stand it/wait for a response--- unconnected the 2 DACs shut off the Yggdrasil GS shut everything down on the mac and did a soft quit/shutdown waited a bit restarted the mac rehooked the DACs and turned the Yggy back on A+3 TIDAL and QoBuz re-recognized the Schiit DAC (WHEW)-- turned ROON back on and it recognized both DACs BUT ROON now only plays in 'High Quality' little green light not 'lossless' what gives with that?? At the bottom of signal path it says 'OS mixer' never saw that before.

At least everything works again but that automatic download for ROON 1.7 really screwed up my system and scared the living daylights out of me.

Anyone experience this problem with auto download of ROON ver 1.7/setup of it and anyone know how to get ROON to play in Lossless again?

@The Computer Audiophile @rn701 as it turns out when i rebooted my mac and restarted ROON ver !.7   my Zone(s) for yggy gs gen5usb was now 2 different zones one with apple core audio one with OS mixer plus i now had 4 different zones i never had before or had set up one for my family room apple tv/one for my apple tv in living room/one for chromcast-google home in the kitchen and which i never automatically connected/one for my hdtv display. I have no idea why they showed up after the download of ver 1.7 and after i rebooted but all is ok for now and A+3 works just fine

@rn701 that page you showed me is what i got if i clicked setup for the DAC that only played high quality just says device and there is no exclusive mode but if i click the other yggy DAC or ME2 dac it shows/offers exclusive mode because they are set up for Apple core audio. I have stopped trying to figure why these things happen like the bumper sticker says... "schiit(shit) happens" and trying to figure out how ROON acts and reacts is like "...forget it Jake it's just Chinatown..."

A+3 Qobuz and TIDAL all work well alone now.

will try to post a screenshot of what i am explained.

thanks for all your help and i hope i have not worn out my welcome (if i ever had one) have a nice weekend and Happy Thanksgiving

@frederick184@firedog read my trials and tribulations in previous posts on page one here-- how i ended up with audio zones that never existed in ver 1.6 and 2 zones of my brand new Schiit Yggdrasil GS one playing only  an end of  pathway of OS mixer/high quality and another one of Apple core audio playing lossless.

I came here to AS and to Head-Fi.org for an answer because my last fiasco with ROON's socalled 'support'/'community' ended up like the ending line to a movie...."forget it Jake, it's just Chinatown" good luck/ keep me posted but i have no idea how to help you except what i did... disconnect everything shut the computer down unhook the dac then restart/rehook(and cross your fingers) you might be surprised what you may find 'new' on ver 1.7!

@DancingSea Hi- I think you are correct- for those of you that don't remember ROON evolved from and came from the same people who brought us Meridian's massively expensive system that was ROON on steroids- I remember drooling over it on the cover of Stereophile. I bought the 500$ lifetime subscription it has paid for itself but I don't how it helps ROON's bottom line. I love ROON's format SQ etc and this new version--- but A+3 with it's 'one man show' is much more friendly quicker to react to problems etc and world wide must far outdistance ROON in customers-it would be very sad if Amazon or Apple buys ROON it would be even less friendly/cooperative but have more customers.

• 5 months later...