IGNORED

How to use toilet paper correctly.

STC

Been waiting for a thread like this for years but it wasn't meant to be about using TP to raise up speaker cables..  As for such a use of TP I would strongly recommend stacking 2 or 3 rolls of paper on top of one another - works much better (3D soundstaging improvement exceeds one's wildest expectations, no need for ambiophonics anymore).! 

(I won't mention the fact that at the same time you minimize in a very cheap and effective way the danger of unexpected running out of the crucial item..) 

x-D

31 minutes ago, STC said:

You haven’t seen my tweaks yet!

8918805C-8B55-46E7-BDCC-3188F7D62AAE.jpeg

I used them too (for minimizing the listening room floor resonances of course) ;)

Beware, too many can make the floor collapse though, happened to me on more than one occasion so finally I decided to buy 2 subwoofers, 60 kg each, work just as effective, were much more expensive though.. x-D

_DSC4164_1.JPG

21 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Seriously, I've tried different materials for speaker cable supports. Including paper, wood, glass, etc. I do not exclude that the imagination worked, but each material had its own characteristic influence on the sound: in different cases the sound acquired a light wooden or paper or glassy tint, etc.

Did you notice any difference in sound between regular paper supports and toilet paper ones.? 9_9

54 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Never tried toilet paper for audiophile purposes.

I'm slightly disappointed by your exclusion of toilet paper from the experiment ;)

Anyway if you heard right and:

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

each material had its own characteristic influence on the sound: in different cases the sound acquired a light wooden or paper or glassy tint, etc.

that could mean that the only way to get rid of these wooden, glassy colorations caused by different supports materials would be no using supports at all which would be easiest to achieve in weightlesness.. Hmmm, I really wonder - does music sound different when air molecules aren't burdened bu gravity and speaker cables have no support at all..? 9_9

Ps. I new this thread would have a 'HOT!' status sooner or later.! :D

8 minutes ago, k-man said:

Looks quite similar to @The Computer Audiophile's treated room. :D

Maybe Wilson treated his toilet too (I'm not sure whose toilet is on the photo) 9_9

As for hi end TP, it already exists.. Have your asses ever been in a contact with 22 carat gold, guys.? (sad news is that taking into account the price they will probably never be) :P

Most Expensive Toilet Paper in the World via imgbuddy.com

22-carat gold toilet paper

This thread made me think about Duchamp's 'Fountain' urinal I already mentioned (yes, I have lots of free time this weekend x-D:

Marcel_Duchamp%2C_1917%2C_Fountain%2C_photograph_by_Alfred_Stieglitz.jpg

The original 'Fountain' has been lost, yet Duchamp 'made' a number of replicas.. (wiki)

The prices for replicas, editions, or works that have some ephemeral trace of Duchamp reached its peak with the purchase of one of the eight 1964 replicas of Fountain.[61] 17 November 1999, a version of Fountain (owned by Arturo Schwarz) was sold at Sotheby's, New York, for $1,762,500 to Dimitris Daskalopoulos, who declared that Fountain represented 'the origin of contemporary art'. The price set a world record, at the time, for a work by Marcel Duchamp at public auction.[62][63] The record was surpassed in 2009 by his 1921 readymade Belle Haleine, Eau de Voilette, a perfume bottle in its box which sold for $11.4 million.[64]

San Francisco sculptor Clark Sorensen's urinals don't sell that expensive but IMO they are worth mentioning on this fantastic thread (sorry for going slightly OT):

75a0d5e0651ae6110ab32eee33671378.jpg

Image result for clark sorensen urinals"

My favorite one :)

Image result for clark sorensen urinals"