IGNORED

Some commonsense

@jabbr - while I appreciate your caution in preservation of everything, does your desired goal exclude all processing, even processing that is clearly euphonic?

e.g. Dave's Picks (and some of the later Dick's Picks) uses processing to give a more euphonic sound

then there is the issue of purely digital recordings, where some ultrasonics may negatively affect 'euphonicity'

I think we need to clearly distinguish recording from delivery.

and BTW, I'd pick a Fallot mustard every time - unless I could use the best mustard from Provence* (or those ones in the foil tubes)

* yes, I DID do a blind taste test on the Provence vs. the Fallot - 2 different humans; 3 trials each

re " to close my eyes and feel like I’m at a live performance. To promote the hallucination of “being there”."

do this mean you are going Kal-ish?  multi-channel...

my (theoretical or conceptual) problem with relying on the mastering engineer is that the mastering may be be directed at a delivery system that differs from my delivery system (e.g. the egregious spectre of mastered for iPhooey, or mp3)

then there is the ability to lift veils in the future as in the Dick's Pxxx example above

I agree that the masters should be preserved.

1 hour ago, esldude said:

While I agree with your mustard choice anecdotally, neither of us are pros.  You can tell she is a pro because she wears a mustard colored scarf. 

https://www.foodrepublic.com/2015/12/03/what-does-it-take-to-be-a-mustard-sommelier/

Also never had a mustard tasting party. 

https://www.veggiesbycandlelight.com/how-to-throw-a-mustard-tasting-party-because-yes-you-really-should-have-one/

If its okay to use beer as a palate cleanser between tastings I might be convinced to give it a go. 

Thanks - sent the first link to my partner in (moutarde) crime

here is the best mustard (without truffles):

Moutarde Forte.jpg

I will never tell anyone that they will never want anything higher resolution than 16/44.1 ...

I might tell them to test various nit/bit rates on their lighting system or personal hygiene / music selections

17 hours ago, esldude said:

I agree, but that is why maybe if it makes them money, they might do this with one song per album released.  Sort of free publicity and extended attention in the marketplace.  

not sure, but your mix might escape their copyright - i.e. "a new work"

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

Packet queue delays are one of my professional nemesis, but I miss some of the humor in your post from ignorance. A very vague association to negative feedback systems is all that comes up. 

In English please, if possible with words of no more than three syllables? 

Complex Analysis - cowboy joke