IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

Why does the hard adapter that comes with the microRendu sound so much better than connecting a 100 dollar Wireworld USB cable to the microRendu?

Depends on the system. YMMV.

or

short is better...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Edifer M1380 system.

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hello

I'm trying to get my microRendu up and running, but my router does not see it.

Linksys AC1900 - gigabit network switch - 40' Cat 6e cable (works fine on other devices) - microRendu

The microRendu has power as I can feel the warmth on the case, but when I try and access the sonicorbiter.com, I get a 404 not found error.

I've rebooted the router, but still no luck.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks for any suggestions

Ken

Hello

I'm trying to get my microRendu up and running, but my router does not see it.

Linksys AC1900 - gigabit network switch - 40' Cat 6e cable (works fine on other devices) - microRendu

The microRendu has power as I can feel the warmth on the case, but when I try and access the sonicorbiter.com, I get a 404 not found error.

I've rebooted the router, but still no luck.

Any ideas where to start?

Thanks for any suggestions

Ken

Where did you input MySonicorbiter Computer or mobile device? Also, what LED are on at the Ethernet port on the unit.

When I plug the same cable into my Oppo BD-103, it shows up on the network.

Remove the power cable from the unit. Remove the microSD card and reinsert it making sure it clicks in. Connect power and watch for Ethernet activity at the RJ45 port on the unit.

Ok...I'm in. The MySonicorbiter still doesn't work, but typing in the IP address for the microRendu gets me to the setup page.

Next question: do I need to install the USB drivers for my Bricasti M1 DAC to make this work?

The IP will work as well. There is no driver to install.

Last couple of weeks my rendu has been unavailable in the morning and needed a hard restart (pull plug) to reappear.

Doesnt appear to be anything obvious that's network related, but not sure if it's possible to check logs?

I can't access the web GUI, or ping it, but the network socket light is active as is the switch port. It drops off Roon. All fine after power cycle.

It it may be a red herring, but I'm pretty sure it's only started since updating to 2.3.

Also, prior to 2.3 I could reboot, but now requires the plug to be pulled to come back up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

OK...I'm back for more help. Trying to setup JRiver to work. I followed the instructions to set up the DLNA server, but what do I use for output mode in the Audio settings menu? I'm not getting any sound.

I would select DoP and press save. This will assure the output is configured and make it active.

Last couple of weeks my rendu has been unavailable in the morning and needed a hard restart (pull plug) to reappear.

Doesnt appear to be anything obvious that's network related, but not sure if it's possible to check logs?

I can't access the web GUI, or ping it, but the network socket light is active as is the switch port. It drops off Roon. All fine after power cycle.

It it may be a red herring, but I'm pretty sure it's only started since updating to 2.3.

Also, prior to 2.3 I could reboot, but now requires the plug to be pulled to come back up.

Any ideas?

Thanks

There are no logs to check. It does sound like a network problem though is the unit has active LEDs on the Ethernet port. What happens if you reboot your router instead of the microRendu. There is nothing in the 2.3 release that would affect this area of the unit. The changes made in 2.3 were primarily to LMS and Squeezelite to add native DSD support. We also added support for additional native DSD DACs.

There are no logs to check. It does sound like a network problem though is the unit has active LEDs on the Ethernet port. What happens if you reboot your router instead of the microRendu. There is nothing in the 2.3 release that would affect this area of the unit. The changes made in 2.3 were primarily to LMS and Squeezelite to add native DSD support. We also added support for additional native DSD DACs.

Firstly, apologies for posting it in the newbies section - it was meant for the main rendu section.

Mmmm, I'm not sure what the router would have to do with it? I use a dumb gigabit switch. DHCP is served off the router but the rendu has a reserved IP against its MAC address (still hoping for the static IP at some point). Also would be a bit odd for it only to repeatedly affect the rendu and no other DCHP clients. Will give it a go though and see what's what.

Shame about the logs too. So there's no way to see if the units having issues?

Roon lifetime > Mac Mini > ethernet > microRendu (RAAT) w/ Paul Hynes SR3 > Intona > Curious USB link > Devialet 250 Pro > PMC fact 8.

OK...I'm back for more help. Trying to setup JRiver to work. I followed the instructions to set up the DLNA server, but what do I use for output mode in the Audio settings menu? I'm not getting any sound.

What DAC are you using, and what file type/resolutions are your music files?

EDIT: I see in a previous post you have the Bricasti DAC. Apologies if you are already further along than this, but in the DLNA set-up you should select L24 PCM output mode.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Hi, I’m trying to update the software from version 2.1 to the latest version but when I run software update I get the following message:

Upgrade in progress...

09/28/2016 15:51:27 - Starting upgrade. (This can take a long time...)

09/28/2016 15:51:27 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...

Malformed lock file found: /var/cache/dnf/metadata_lock.pid.

Ensure no other dnf process is running and remove the lock file manually or run systemd-tmpfiles --remove dnf.conf.

09/28/2016 15:51:35 - Updating OS packages...

Ensure no other dnf process is running and remove the lock file manually or run systemd-tmpfiles --remove dnf.conf.

09/28/2016 15:51:39 - Error: dnf update failed. Check error messages and try to fix the problem.

What is a dnf process, should the DAC be turned off and how can I fix this?

Thanks

What DAC are you using, and what file type/resolutions are your music files?

EDIT: I see in a previous post you have the Bricasti DAC. Apologies if you are already further along than this, but in the DLNA set-up you should select L24 PCM output mode.

Thank you for your help, but I'm still getting no sound. The microRendu tells me "MPD/DLNA reconfigured and restarted." I have the JRiver DLNA setup to "Generic DLNA" and "PCM L24 no header." Is there anything I need to set under the "Audio Setup" section?

Hi, I’m trying to update the software from version 2.1 to the latest version but when I run software update I get the following message:

Upgrade in progress...

09/28/2016 15:51:27 - Starting upgrade. (This can take a long time...)

09/28/2016 15:51:27 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...

09/28/2016 15:51:35 - Updating OS packages...

09/28/2016 15:51:39 - Error: dnf update failed. Check error messages and try to fix the problem.

What is a dnf process, should the DAC be turned off and how can I fix this?

Thanks

This means an update was interrupted and subsequent requests for updates via the GUI are not working. You are going to have to email us for additional support offline.

Thank you for your help, but I'm still getting no sound. The microRendu tells me "MPD/DLNA reconfigured and restarted." I have the JRiver DLNA setup to "Generic DLNA" and "PCM L24 no header." Is there anything I need to set under the "Audio Setup" section?

Have you tried this setup: Rendu JRiver setup with Sonore-JRiver-Setup.png

Yes, that was my starting point.

Revert back to it.

Go to Settings / MPD-DLNA and press Save.

Then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics in the GUI and confirm that your DAC is listed. If it's listed play something and confirm the momentary frequency from the page. You need to refresh the page after the content is playing to get the momentary frequency.

If our DAC is not listed power cycle the unit and the DAC. Turn on the DAC and then the unit. Then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics in the GUI and confirm that your DAC is listed. If it's listed play something and confirm the momentary frequency from the page.

I have had my microRendu for a few days now and am very impressed with it, even with the ifi power supply. I found setting it up very easy - took all of about 10 minutes. I tried it first with my Audiophilleo and then with my PUC2, and I found it worked happily with both.

However, I have one question: I access the mR through its webpage, select Squeezelite, and it works without any problem, even if I then close the web page or switch off that pc. However, after a while - eg overnight - the mR will disappear from the network and I need to go back into its webpage and re-select Squeezelite. Is this normal? Is there a way to ensure that it continues to work without having to go back to the webpage?

Firstly, apologies for posting it in the newbies section - it was meant for the main rendu section.

Mmmm, I'm not sure what the router would have to do with it? I use a dumb gigabit switch. DHCP is served off the router but the rendu has a reserved IP against its MAC address (still hoping for the static IP at some point). Also would be a bit odd for it only to repeatedly affect the rendu and no other DCHP clients. Will give it a go though and see what's what.

Shame about the logs too. So there's no way to see if the units having issues?

Issue with things stop working in the middle of the night are frequently caused by DHCP leases expiring and not getting renewed on time or not at all. With an old router I used to have this issue every so often, the solution was to reboot the router every couple weeks. I eventually got fed up and got a different router and it did the same thing. The final solution for me was to get pfSense on a fitPC, that has never had any issues at all.

John S.