IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I am also a bit disappointed if these are the conditions, after 15 months from the purchase and having spent 300 Euros plus all the hardware optimizations, it seems to me a not very honest policy ... I hope that the team will find a more suitable solution, especially for those who has shown loyalty ...

For me it's not a money problem, for me it's a moral problem that I bought something for a certain price and after a year and something I should buy it again even as a subscription. At the time of buying the V3 I wasn't sure if the V3 was better than the Daphile but I felt the potential there, after the purchase nothing developed and now the sales policy changes daily. It is completely unprofessional behavior of the seller towards the customers.

Today in the morning, I received such an email from Euphony:

Hello,

we are happy to announce availability of new Stylus 4.0 software.

As you bought your Euphony Stylus 3.0 license after February 1, 2022, we deliver as promised “free of charge”:

new Stylus 4 subscription license(s) – valid for next 2 years.

For new registration you need to use this voucher code(s):

I'm sorry, but I think it's a scam. When I purchased the license, the site indicated - BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE and no where indicated that the license model was changed. That is, I purchased the license being sure that the licensed model of version 4 will be the same as in version 3... Now I feel like I was deceived because I bought a license for neither version 4, but for use for 2 years (ie 150 $ per year, which is even more expensive than ROON)

Знімок екрана з 2022-07-09 07-59-26.png

33 minutes ago, an333 said:

Today in the morning, I received such an email from Euphony:

I'm sorry, but I think it's a scam. When I purchased the license, the site indicated - BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE and no where indicated that the license model was changed. That is, I purchased the license being sure that the licensed model of version 4 will be the same as in version 3... Now I feel like I was deceived because I bought a license for neither version 4, but for use for 2 years (ie 150 $ per year, which is even more expensive than ROON)

Знімок екрана з 2022-07-09 07-59-26.png

Try Windows instead especially when your DAC has a specially developed Windows driver, It just sounds better. In my setup V4 sounds very close to an unoptimized windows 10 Pro PC. V3 was so much muffled in comparison. Windows running roon and HQPlayer. It is better than V4 in every way. 

20 hours ago, flkin said:

Latest on subscription:

“Details will be announced very soon on our website. 
Upgrade license will be worth 1 or 2 years (your choice) after which you can buy monthly or yearly subscription.”

If the licence for v4 is subscriptional, I'll definitely stay with v3. 

As a Mac user I’m reluctant to switch to Windows based solutions. Would like to try JPlay Femto but I don’t feel like installing Windows on my current 10i7 NUC. Up to now I always had Linux based audio OS… from Roon Rock to AudioLinux to Euphony. No need to be worried about malware, virus and hackers… 

I agree though that going from a fixed license (I’m using V3 since June last year) which I paid USD299 for … it’s hard to swallow that Euphony plans to switch to a subscription based solution. That one of the reasons I left Audirvāna. Let’s see what Euphony has to offer…

2 hours ago, maxst67 said:

At this point it is better to switch to jplay femto, it offers many possibilities for optimization and the sound is of the highest level

But there is no Linux version which means you need to add the cost of a Windows licence. 

I don't understand this, I bought the software then I asked the company:

Q: Your licensing model is unclear for me, more specifically whether the license I purchase is an annual or lifetime license. If it is lifetime, can a separate support option be purchased? Could you please clarify this matter for me?

A: We offer liftime license for major release version. Also you get free upgrades within major version (now 3.x). When we release 4 version of software you can upgrade to 4 or stay with 3 version (until hardware permits you to do-- this means lifetime for this particular hardware support).

How should this be interpreted now?

Then you received an answer from the company

That means you can use v3 forever until your HW supports it. They won't do any further development on v3 anymore, so if your HW dies and you will need to get something newer that won't be supported by v3, you will need to upgrade to v4, which has support for newer HW.

Guys, how do you expect Zeijko to cover his development costs? He clearly needs to charge for it. Same with HQP & many other software out there. You paid for V3, it’s yours forever. If you feel V4 is worth the upgrade then I agree you need to pay for it. 

I certainly don’t have an issue with it. & I have 2 V3 licences.