IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

10 minutes ago, Dev said:

Hum..I have the same ones running.

Not sure if I understood your setup and the network drives you are trying to add to Roon properly in your previous post. But I have an external USB storage attached to the PC with Euphony / Roon Core where I store my music and also the Roon DB backup. Maybe you can try that, at least as a test. Use one USB for the Euphony image only, nothing else and attach another USB storage to your PC with some music files and your Roon DB backup. That's how it works for me, did not have any issues restoring backup this way. Roon should see the external drive attached in Roon settings, did not even have to map it to library in Euphony settings.

3 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

Not sure if I understood your setup and the network drives you are trying to add to Roon properly in your previous post. But I have an external USB storage attached to the PC with Euphony / Roon Core where I store my music and also the Roon DB backup. Maybe you can try that, at least as a test. Use one USB for the Euphony image only, nothing else and attach another USB storage to your PC with some music files and your Roon DB backup. That's how it works for me, did not have any issues restoring backup this way. Roon should see the external drive attached in Roon settings, did not even have to map it to library in Euphony settings.

ok, so we do have a difference in setup. It doesn’t look like it’s a network issue as I am able to switch to Stylus and the same network drive works fine when updating the database. With closed door system, apart from trying random things, I feel a bit handicapped as I am not able to login and debug on my own. Let me see what I can do here based on ur suggestions.

18 minutes ago, Gbn said:

good morning, someone I'm on my way! how to upgrade to vers. 603?, I can't find it, it only updated me up to 602

As 0603 changes suggest - there are no significant changes in 0603 vs 0602. Best to just wait for the next update when some things are actually fixed.

3 minutes ago, c-w said:

Come suggeriscono le modifiche 0603, non ci sono modifiche significative in 0603 rispetto a 0602. È meglio attendere il prossimo aggiornamento quando alcune cose sono state effettivamente risolte.

What changes?

4 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Hai considerato la mappatura di un'unità in Windows? Per inserire facilmente i file? 

first typing ip: 8080 gave me the file manager, now it tells me that it is unreachable, it seems to me that port 8080 is not open

5 hours ago, Dev said:

ok, so we do have a difference in setup. It doesn’t look like it’s a network issue as I am able to switch to Stylus and the same network drive works fine when updating the database. With closed door system, apart from trying random things, I feel a bit handicapped as I am not able to login and debug on my own. Let me see what I can do here based on ur suggestions.

I've been playing a bit more with the Euphony/Roon PC today. I decided to try and install the v4 beta image on SSD via USB adapter. The install went fine, all good, switched to Roon Core mode. At first, I had issues to restore backup same as you. I have then added the external storage with Roon DB backup to library in Euphony settings, rebooted and then the backup restore completed successfully.

well, it looks like Roon was trying to update the / partition which is the root instead of /data/.appdata/roon for some reason. I have a fairly large roon database (over 2000 albums) and hence it consumed all of the / which is fairly smaller in size. I am not sure if it was writing temporary files or actually creating the database over there.

I never had issue downloading the v4 image, nor flashing it to the 32Gb USB or a 32Gb Optane drive (it literally took less than a minute in Macbook pro to flash it on the Optane) but in both the case it failed when I had as a USB drive (for Optane I used a M.2 to USB adapter). The restore would invariably go to 38% and then quit. This tells me something to do with the space. I then stated monitoring the disk space using 'df' command which is how I know it was indeed a space issue. Reformatted the Optane one more time and this time moved it to an internal motherboard M.2 slot and the restore worked to 100%.

Time to listen now :-)

Yes, a 128Gb would perhaps work but IMO, there is some lingering bugs. It might create other problems during upgrade and we don’t want that. I have notified Željko with all the details and he will look into resolving it.

1 hour ago, al2813 said:

Can someone confirm if they were able to get UPNP to work (stylus server and using a RPI UPNP renderer)? 

Cannot speak for the RPI upnp renderer, but with V4 on my 10i7NUC I was able to play from my NAS to my USB DAC and stream a separate audio feed to a UPNP device (amp and also Panasonic TV) simultaneously without drop outs.