IGNORED

RMAF 2019 Dates

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

New dates are in September this year. September 5th to 8th conveniently located only 7 miles from the Denver airport. And the Gaylord runs a shuttle every 20 minutes to a train station to get you back to civilization.

For consumers and/or hobbyists, the show starts on Friday, Sept. 6. RMAF 2019

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Nice!  Looking forward to it.  Sad in one respect about the new dates, happy in another: The old dates allowed consecutive weeks at RMAF and the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and one of these years I had a thought of inviting people back from RMAF for a Balloon Fiesta party.  That'll never happen with the new dates.  However, last year we had people in for the Fiesta who arrived a few days early to spend time with us over RMAF weekend, and I couldn't make it to RMAF as a result.  So I won't be faced with that potential conflict.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

Nice!  Looking forward to it.  Sad in one respect about the new dates, happy in another: The old dates allowed consecutive weeks at RMAF and the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and one of these years I had a thought of inviting people back from RMAF for a Balloon Fiesta party.  That'll never happen with the new dates.

Jud, the September dates only apply to this year. According to the website, RMAF returns to its traditional October dates in future years: 2020, Oct. 1-4 and 2021, Oct. 7-10.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

26 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Jud, the September dates only apply to this year. According to the website, RMAF returns to its traditional October dates in future years: 2020, Oct. 1-4 and 2021, Oct. 7-10.

Ah, thanks.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

12 hours ago, Jud said:

Nice!  Looking forward to it.  Sad in one respect about the new dates, happy in another: The old dates allowed consecutive weeks at RMAF and the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and one of these years I had a thought of inviting people back from RMAF for a Balloon Fiesta party.  That'll never happen with the new dates.  However, last year we had people in for the Fiesta who arrived a few days early to spend time with us over RMAF weekend, and I couldn't make it to RMAF as a result.  So I won't be faced with that potential conflict.

The fiesta is a stand alone event. Balloons , music, great food and chain saw sculpting who could ask for more?

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Definitely "float" the idea - I'm sure it'll "fly!"

Ouch...

Pics from this past year:

Cow.jpg

He Is Risen.jpg

Van Gogh.jpg