IGNORED

Any MSB fans here ?

4 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

@mustafakaiserI'm glad to see your post. I am also on the latest MSB firmware, and on the Reference dac. I experience the same left-channel delay you describe.

I only use the ProISL interface, BTW.

Before the update, there was no indication of this phenomenon. 

I also *think* it did not occur immediately upon ingesting the update, but only in the past week or so. But that may be a faulty memory on my part. 

In the past couple of days, I *may* have noticed there are some files that do not have the delay. I will have to listen and note these exceptions. 

I took this recent update in the hope it would stop a small delay in playing music at the beginning of most tracks (it did not). 

I was thinking perhaps there was some minor glitch in the handshake between the Taiko Extreme and the Reference, before the signal locked.

What is feeding your Reference dac? Cheers...

Oh dear great I’m glad that it’s not only me that noticed this. I have a melco feeding my dac via usb. 

...it seems irregular to me. Not specifically to switching resolution, not specific only to Qobuz files or local.

*Maybe* not happening on DSD workflow? Thanks for contacting MSB. Let me know if you need more info. Vince G. is regionally close to me and I can support your outreach. Cheers...

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

1 minute ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...it seems irregular to me. Not specifically to switching resolution, not specific only to Qobuz files or local.

*Maybe* not happening on DSD workflow? Thanks for contacting MSB. Let me know if you need more info. Vince G. is regionally close to me and I can support your outreach. Cheers...

Great yes do speak to vince. Also if you don’t mind can I share your post with MSB? I will speak to Jonathan. It’s not irregular if you have switching on it’s there every time it switched from toslink to ProISL and back. Just rechecked. Happens to DSD as well. It will not happen once’s it’s played on either that’s ProISL OR Toslink. 

22 hours ago, mustafakaiser said:

Great yes do speak to vince. Also if you don’t mind can I share your post with MSB? I will speak to Jonathan. It’s not irregular if you have switching on it’s there every time it switched from toslink to ProISL and back. Just rechecked. Happens to DSD as well. It will not happen once’s it’s played on either that’s ProISL OR Toslink. 

Hi went back to the old software a d it’s sorted… it will be sorted soon with a new revision… cheers 

• 1 year later...

Had a chance to listen to a few systems at the Florida Audio show last weekend here in Tampa.  Was at a hotel less than mile from home, which was pretty convenient!  Never been to an audio show before, plenty of guitar shows, but no audiophile one.

Was intending to check out some speakers, particularly the Perlisten ones that have gotten pretty good reviews.  Had also never heard the much reviewed Magico speakers nor the Joseph Audio ones.  All very nice in their own way with the Jospeh Pulsar2 Graphenes (whatever the hell that is) sounding like big towers or monitors with big subwoofers and they were small making big, dynamic, 3D music in a decent sized room...like to hear the bigger ones of that line!

Happened to see the MSB room and they were playing music I like to listen to when auditioning speakers, acoustic jazz as my reference as musician is live music (many rooms had weird electronic music with over processed vocals or movie soundtracks, which I thought was odd).  So I stopped in and was hoping in a kind of perverse way that the sound would be nice but nothing special given the mind numbing pricing of MSB gear. Was disappointed in this regard as the system (Reference DAC with two slabs of aluminum because it has a separate power supply and another slab that was a D to D converter/filter) sounded fantastic and in they are in the room moving around, fingers on the valves and keys noise, drum kit hardware rattle and squeak...everything!  The digital source > MSB CD/SACD transport, amps > MSB and speakers > Magico towers.

$150K in MSB electronics (not including the transport, which I guess they don't make anymore) about what my best vintage guitar is worth...I'll keep the guitar, for now.

Tone with Soul

I had a pair of the original Joseph Audio Pulsars in my system with the Discrete.  They are very impressive and really pump out the bass for a stand mounted speaker.  I have been a JA fan for a long time and still have RM25si's and a JA Cynergy Center in my HT setup.  I haven't heard the JA Perspectives but I suspect that they sound excellent.  JA punches way above their weight class and I like the "house" sound.  Still a good deal for the money, which is rare.  Never heard the Magico's but those are what Vince Galbo has in his personal system, so I am sure that they sound excellent.  I am not sure that I want to hear the MSB Reference, although I confess that I am curious as to just how much better it sounds.  I have to make all my extravagant purchases soon, before I retire, LOL, but at that price, the Reference better be damn fine compared to my Discrete with the Premier Power Base (a big improvement over the separate power supplies).

• 5 months later...