IGNORED

Fas42’s Stereo ‘Magic’

2 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Right ... so all breakthroughs in current thinking, that progress understanding - can be undone by pointing by a single instance pf possibly wacky experimental research ... is that what we're saying, hmm?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

5 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Ah, you're talking history - not, "rightness" ... archival footage, and text - which can be doctored of course; these days it's easier and easier to "fake it" - and plenty of regimes have used such approaches, right up to current times.

45 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Ah, you live in that very strange country - where it's a national passion to disbelieve things; sort of a hobby, it appears 🤪 ... name just about any part of the human story, and there will be a pack of people who have fun "proving otherwise" ... 😉.

I don't live there but it sounds like you'd fit right in...

57 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Ah, you're talking history - not, "rightness" ... archival footage, and text - which can be doctored of course; these days it's easier and easier to "fake it" - and plenty of regimes have used such approaches, right up to current times.

27 minutes ago, fas42 said:

and the results are still very poor value for money

Absolutely not true.

Just look at your own budget powered speakers that would make 99.9% of all people listening to them very happy... right out of the box.

16 hours ago, fas42 said:

There's a difference between something that will keep people "very happy", and what higher SQ delivers - the human story is about constantly lifting the level of what we experience, and how well we can control our environment. I sure people were very happy with the cars they bought in the 1920's, the 1950's, the 1980's - so, for example, let's dump everything we've learned in the meantime, and start building all new cars just like they did in the 1920's - anyone who then complains has got a problem; the people 100 years ago were mighty happy - just look at them! 🤪

Appeal_to_Extremes.thumb.jpg.9fe1f7eac1179fe4824928a3429fc01f.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Yet Another Post that makes it clear that most audiophiles have things back to front in this game - I won't point to it, 😉 ... the thinking is nearly always that changing the DAC, say, makes the recording sound "better and better!" - like there's some powder inside the unit that is fluffed on, doing magic on the waveform as it comes through.

Folks, it just doesn't work that way, 😀. All you're gonna get is the raw recording, with no added bits(🤪) of makeup from the DAC - the "better and better" is coming about because you're getting closer, inch by inch, to that sound - which means that there is always a real limit to what can ultimately happen. But, the really good news is that the real magic is in the recording itself - and always has been. Your job, if you choose the mission, is to work out how to get there ... 🙃

Adding a few emojis to an insulting post is such as 12-year-old girl move. 

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

You do realise this exchange commenced when you responded to a post aimed at no-one in particular

My apologizes. 🛀

I didn't realize that you were posting just to hear the sound of your own voice. 🤐

Perhaps in the future you could flag those posts that are just for your own benefit. 🦄

6 hours ago, fas42 said:

Very simple solution ... if what I say agitates you, just ignore me - any way you want to do that. If you want reinforcement of your thinking of what's important in the audio world, you are certainly not going to get it  here ... you see, it's called "Fas42’s Stereo ‘Magic’" ... if you want to start another thread called "kumakuma's audio reality!!", you are quite free to do so - how about considering that for a bit, hmmm ...

You appear to be confusing a thread created to discuss your claims/methods with one intended to promote your claims/methods.

I will, however, take your advice to heart and try to resist posting in any of the echo chamber threads that you have created.

2 minutes ago, Racerxnet said:

Cherry picking information is not very appealing, nore does it back your perspective. You are not convincing anyone except yourself. I have to wonder why you don't peddle your repeated response at ASR or other sites. Would it be because of to much resistance?

He was banned from that site (and others):

https://www.audio “science” review/forum/index.php?threads/member-banning.2236/ 

33 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Yes, as a homework exercise, compare and contrast @kumakuma contributions to this discussion, with those of say, @Confused and @Blackmorec, 😉.

A more interesting stat would be that I've made an average of 1.5 posts/day since joining while you're at 6.31 posts/day.

9 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Ahh, a "mine is bigger!" contribution - people, make sure you add that one to the list to study ... 😉.

😶 1.5 is smaller than 6.3 😢

7 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I only have convince people who are genuinely interested in better listening experiences - those who live in the world of, "Authority Figures are always Right!", or, "Money maketh the System, or,  "Names!! maketh the System" can just move on ... nothing to see here, 🤪.

Interesting that you should mention Authority Figures and always being right. Yesterday you said about yourself:

I "know better" purely because I started getting competent SQ over 30 years ago  ... in the fields of human endeavour, in any area, the person who has been doing it longer will always "know more" ...

Just now, botrytis said:

and you had to reply ... Who's is bigger? 🤣

I think he's trying to get to 10,000 posts as quickly as he can...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fas42 said:

Give you an example of what I hate - what was posted here, the first clip

This is classic, beat the input into bloodied pulp, and hurl the mess out at as loud as I can,  PA crap - which I detest. Some people think this is exciting, live music vibe - but I don't ...

Sounds fine on a fully sorted out rig...