IGNORED

Logitech Media Server and HQPlayer Embedded

bibo01

Recently, there was a post on the above subject, but I am not able to trace it. I looked extensively to no avail in HQPlayer and HQPlayer Embedded threads.

A how to guide has been published on NextHardware.com two link the above two softwares and have playback, but before I publish it I would like to compare it to the post I am referring to.

Can anyone help me to find it? Thanks

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Do you have any idea why the newest UPnP plugin doesn't work while the older one does?

This UnixMan's reply:

Very vague. Looking at the logs of UPnPBridge and HQPd it seems that there is some "misunderstanding" between the two: HQPd can not access the URI of the data stream that the plugin is sending, maybe it misinterprets it.

Since the same problem also occurred with the old setup, at the time I tried to contact both Miska and Philippe (the author of the plugin). The latter, however, had difficulty making the old setup work, and asked Miska to contact him directly ... but I think he did not, and it ended there. With the new setup it should no longer be difficult to replicate a working system, we could try again.

I asked UnixMan to contact you and Philippe.

1 hour ago, bibo01 said:

This UnixMan's reply:

Very vague. Looking at the logs of UPnPBridge and HQPd it seems that there is some "misunderstanding" between the two: HQPd can not access the URI of the data stream that the plugin is sending, maybe it misinterprets it.

Since the same problem also occurred with the old setup, at the time I tried to contact both Miska and Philippe (the author of the plugin). The latter, however, had difficulty making the old setup work, and asked Miska to contact him directly ... but I think he did not, and it ended there. With the new setup it should no longer be difficult to replicate a working system, we could try again.

I asked UnixMan to contact you and Philippe.

OK, good, because it is likely not a big problem, a small glitch somewhere that should be fairly easy to fix...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 hours ago, bibo01 said:

To the initial guide UnixMan has added instructions for CUDA and further notes (#3). 

The same system (LMS + UPnPBridge + HQPlayerd) can also be implemented on the basis of the OS "gentooplayer" developed by Filippo ("antonellocaroli") rather than on the basis of Ubuntu or Debian. For specific instructions refer to the dedicated topic (#183)

Regarding the "sudo gdebi install cuda" and the related comment, there's a "cuda-drivers" meta package for the driver. The full cuda meta package shouldn't be necessary - it pulls in lot of unnecessary stuff.

Basically just "nvidia-396" package should be enough which is the smallest driver entity from the repo.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

13 hours ago, Miska said:

Regarding the "sudo gdebi install cuda" and the related comment, there's a "cuda-drivers" meta package for the driver. The full cuda meta package shouldn't be necessary - it pulls in lot of unnecessary stuff.

Basically just "nvidia-396" package should be enough which is the smallest driver entity from the repo.

I ask him to update it.

• 3 years later...

So good news and bad news.

First the good news and my main requirement was to stream Qobuz via LMS to HQPe.  I was able to do this at all rates up to 192.  So a big win here.

Now the bad news, I am unable to stream my local files unless I use your settings above and transcode everything to mp3.  I I don't understand why I cant just pass through wav files.  I will have to RTFM tomorrow, but if you or anyone else has any ideas - that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again.

This worked with one adjustment.  Instead of mp3 I changed it to flac in the transcode section.  Seems that mp3 capped off at 48k and wasn't allowing 192 streams from Qobuz.  Now I have been able to stream my local content and Qobuz at there proper rates verified from the HQPe Main screen.

So one more thing for me to try is my  local dsf files....  

I run LMS/material skin on a QNAP device via Docker container and the material skin  looks and works great so far. I really like how my Qobuz favorites are integrated with my local library - looks like Roon - but without Roon.....

cheers

Capture.JPG

I am glad this worked out for you. As a matter of fact, I intended to suggest to you to change mp3 to flac. But now I see aí ended up pasting the old screen print…

this was the right one (and I believe you did this way, right?). 

Good luck with dsd/dsf.

sorry about it. But all is well when it ends well.

0B467808-DBFE-4CFA-9D92-1A74B07FCBEA.jpeg

• 11 months later...

Thanks.

No way. It did not work, i don't see Hqplayer embedded for various setup

localhost: 8080  don't work.

What I would like to do is start an installation from scratch. 
Linux mint 21 Vanessa + 
Logitech media server+ 
UpnpBridge, + hqplayerd Embedded as player. 

I must be shure thats all go before my old computer die.
Did you, or others,  have accomplished 
 this thing?

Dear All,

this i my sistem: 1 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz, (support o AES AVX AVX2)

15.8GB RAM, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630,

After several days of tryng Logitech Media Server, upnpbrige and Hqplayerd are not connected.

No sound, No haqplayerd embedded as a player,

LocalHost:8088 don't work

May i have some help about what i could do?

Now i have Mint 21 Cinnamon Vera

First the correct version of libgmpris , Hq Embedded, and upnp bridge contents?

I think it is necessary to test the full functioning Sistem before asking Mr. Miska for the transfer of Licenses.

Thanks in advance