IGNORED

Cow Music

13 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

"The Heart Sutra

Like this?

3xgn2qZ9cDMvIEXT.thumb.jpg.07c29c993b2575e671d09eca1ddff6e1.jpg

13 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

All of our human conceptions, feelings, dreams, and every aspect of our physical reality is subsumed and therefore “contained” in emptiness.

Umm... So what's the meaning of life if we're just a bunch brains floating in space?

57 minutes ago, accwai said:

Umm... So what's the meaning of life if we're just a bunch brains floating in space?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

1 hour ago, accwai said:
14 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

All of our human conceptions, feelings, dreams, and every aspect of our physical reality is subsumed and therefore “contained” in emptiness.

Glad you asked:

Alternative B: Answering a question with a question ---

1. What do you mean by "meaning" (always a good one)?

2. What do the artists scare quotes around the word "contain" indicate?

image.jpeg.0ad2b5913f533162545013fb3d529ba6.jpeg

And for the record, my brain is progressing through spacetime at a speed of approximately 74.4 km/sec. Any notion of floating is an illusion of relativity.

Nudging things back on topic, this is the same speed as a cow brain.

Fully back on topic, here is a polish dancing cow.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

21 minutes ago, Confused said:

And for the record, my brain is progressing through spacetime at a speed of approximately 74.4 km/sec. Any notion of floating is an illusion of relativity.

Polish Cow is always a great way to return to topic... which at present is the inherent bovinity of the pedal steel guitar!.. which is simply one way of demonstrating the Inner Truth and Greatness of Western Swing as the Quintessence of Cow Music! And Bob Wills as the embodied personification of that greatness.

Steel Guitar Players - Western Swing & Country Steel Guitarists

38 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Polish Cow is always a great way to return to topic... which at present is the inherent bovinity of the pedal steel guitar!.. which is simply one way of demonstrating the Inner Truth and Greatness of Western Swing as the Quintessence of Cow Music! And Bob Wills as the embodied personification of that greatness.

Steel Guitar Players - Western Swing & Country Steel Guitarists

Is the "Wills is King" Western Swing thread officially redundant? :~)

1 hour ago, Iving said:

Is the "Wills is King" Western Swing thread officially redundant? :~)

sorry, intended to address that on that thread. After your posts, for which I am grateful, I realized that I lacked the tenacity, enthusiasm and full tilt curiosity to do any kind of thorough, exhaustive search into the full breadth of the Western Swing sub-genre. As a novice there is not enough that presently resonates with me when digging into the archives. So pleez help yerself to that if you wish. The approach here is more of a free and easy natural grazing on what appear to this novice, for one reason or another, as juicy tidbits to chew on, randomly and at leisure while wandering freely on the open range of the pastures of musical plenty, sans gravitas.

a little moon music 🤠

18 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

hmmmm... how about a little Heart Sutra... on pedal steel guitar!!!!

from album liner notes:

"The Heart Sutra

“Thus have I heard. Once the Blessed One was dwelling in Rajagrija at Vulture Peak Mountain . . .”

This opening piece is, for the most part, a monotone recitation of the Heart Sutra, the “Sutra of the Heart of Transcendent Wisdom” [as translated by the Padmakara Translation Group] delivered by the Buddha some 2,500 years ago on Vulture Peak Mountain. His message, in so many words, was that “Form is Emptiness” and “Emptiness also is Form”. All of our human conceptions, feelings, dreams, and every aspect of our physical reality is subsumed and therefore “contained” in emptiness. In this piece, the Buddha’s name is marked by a minor third, and points of emphasis are expressed in octaves. In this musical recitation with single unison notes, I tried to pay attention to the overtones produced and the subtle interplay of notes and vibrations that brought them to life."

This is immediately followed by....

And I Await the Resurrection of the Pedal Steel Guitar

notes:

"I remember very clearly the first time many years ago I heard Olivier Messiaen’s massive “Et Exspecto Ressurectionem Mortuoram”. I was in my car driving down the freeway in Houston, Texas on my way to a country-western gig. To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. After two minutes or so I had to pull over to the side of the road until the music ended. It has been with me ever since, from the low octaves at the beginning to the gripping propulsive conclusion. So my song is in part an homage to this monumental work by Messiaen (with which it shares the first three notes), and also expresses my own feelings on the current state of the instrument I play, the pedal steel guitar, and my hopes for its future. In this piece I wanted the whole body of the instrument – the legs, the pedals, the wood, the strings, tuning keys, bridge and nut, and pickup – to tell its story. I know the time will someday come when the steel guitar will again sing its own song – a song with a sense of majesty, ecstasy, and beauty approaching that of Messiaen."   😇

Susan Alcorn - And I Await The Resurrection Of The Pedal Steel Guitar (LP), 2006

Secrets of the Pedal steel guitar wall chart Digital Art by Andras Dancsak

Pedal Steel GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Like  Will have to check out this Messiaen composition (I may even have it in a certain Messiaen box I own and I don't know in its entirety).

Susan Alcorn - very intriguing stuff..

The only horizontal guitar player I've discovered in recent years. Live from Holland..

32 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

sorry, intended to address that on that thread. After your posts, for which I am grateful, I realized that I lacked the tenacity, enthusiasm and full tilt curiosity to do any kind of thorough, exhaustive search into the full breadth of the Western Swing sub-genre. As a novice there is not enough that presently resonates with me when digging into the archives. So pleez help yerself to that if you wish. The approach here is more of a free and easy natural grazing on what appear to this novice, for one reason or another, as juicy tidbits to chew on, randomly and at leisure while wandering freely on the open range of the pastures of musical plenty, sans gravitas.

a little moon music 🤠

Nezwave sounds like a 45 played at 33! Plus I'm suffering catastrophic thread confusion!

Sure - I'll locate my Western Swing Library updates in the new thread. I hope you'll join in if ever you're overcome with inspiration.

image.jpeg.e48fe6877d90e26d174c930c9df83169.jpeg

3 hours ago, Confused said:

I watch this thread very closely, it's an expression of my deep respect for it and for the fact that that it's the mother/father/non-binary parent of all animal music threads in this universe and possibly a couple of other ones and apologies upfront, I must state it clearly, as clear as the fact all the mentioned universes are not bigger than a single MU - this clip is a dup..

Ufff... 

23 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

I watch this thread very closely, it's an expression of my deep respect for it and for the fact that that it's the mother/father/non-binary parent of all animal music threads in this universe and possibly a couple of other ones and apologies upfront, I must state it clearly, as clear as the fact all the mentioned universes are not bigger than a single MU - this clip is a dup..

Ufff... 

When the mind wanders from the topic, one always returns to Polish Cow or a similar device to develop full awareness of the ncow.

If that fails, you could try something like this:

This should leave you calm, grounded, and open to cow music. You are most welcome.  🤠

8 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

When the mind wanders from the topic, one always returns to Polish Cow or a similar device to develop full awareness of the ncow.

If that fails, you could try something like this:

This should leave you calm, grounded, and open to cow music. You are most welcome.  🤠

Apologies upfront, I MUst state it clearly, as clear as the fact all the muntioned muniverses are not bigger than a single MU - I think I prefer Susan Alcorn.

I probably even prefer her without (MUch) thinking..

Anyway, your effort is appreciated! :)

9 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Apologies upfront, I MUst state it clearly, as clear as the fact all the muntioned muniverses are not bigger than a single MU - I think I prefer Susan Alcorn.

I probably even prefer her without (MUch) thinking..

Anyway, your effort is appreciated! :)

Otay!

Here's "Shenandoah", Susan Alcorn : "with apologies and gratitude to Buddy Emmons"  😝

May you be free of suffering and its causes.

Cow Fart GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY