IGNORED

Cow Music

I enjoyed the cow movie.  I am telling you, the recording and my system are so amazing it was like the cow was right there in the room with me.

EDIT:  I notice that the cow movie (12 hours long) has nearly 18,000 views on YouTube.  So an open question, for what percent of a clip do you have to watch on YouTube for it to count as a view?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

4 hours ago, Confused said:

I enjoyed the cow movie.  I am telling you, the recording and my system are so amazing it was like the cow was right there in the room with me.

EDIT:  I notice that the cow movie (12 hours long) has nearly 18,000 views on YouTube.  So an open question, for what percent of a clip do you have to watch on YouTube for it to count as a view?

Well, Confused, great question! For me the more significant phenomenon is subjective: the viewer tends to become so completely absorbed in the ambience that time is not experienced in a typically human way. One becomes lost in the immediacy of each moment. So a blink of an eye can seem like 12 hours. The reverse is also true. Each moment is forgotten as it passes through it's temporal ecstasy.

Not only is it as if the cow were right in the room WITH you, YOU YOURSELF, in a very real sense, BECOME the cow. And the COW becomes YOU. It's a lot like the "creation" and "completion" stages of yogic tantra, only it's bovine, so its as if nothing whatsoever happened. A lot like this thread.

Postcognitive Topics: "Consider the Cattle"

ALERT: don't let your cows/beef cattle eat clover they will become bloated and die with their feet up in the air and you will have to burn them--one of the important things I learned on "YELLOWSTONE" plus don't ever accept a ride to "the train station" not only will cow music be gone so will you

"just keep 'em rollin'  keep them doggies rollin' head 'em up and move 'em out"

17 hours ago, bobbmd said:

ALERT: don't let your cows/beef cattle eat clover they will become bloated and die with their feet up in the air and you will have to burn them--one of the important things I learned on "YELLOWSTONE" plus don't ever accept a ride to "the train station" not only will cow music be gone so will you

"just keep 'em rollin'  keep them doggies rollin' head 'em up and move 'em out"

WHOA!!! Cue the flying time toasters! 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had this?

From Wikipedia:

La vache qui pleure is the ninth album by Kate & Anna McGarrigle, released in 2003. It is named after the prehistoric bas-relief (stone carving) of La vache qui pleure near Djanet in the south of Algeria which is pictured on the album cover. Its title La vache qui pleure (French for The crying cow) may also be a joke with the famous French cheese label La vache qui rit (The laughing cow).

It is the sisters' second full album of French songs, following on from their 1980 album Entre Lajeunesse et la sagesse, while several of their other albums also included a few French songs.[1]

The album does include one English song, "Sunflower", which is a setting of William Blake's poem "Ah! Sunflower". The same song is performed in French ("Ah tournesol"), as a straight translation of the original. Blake's poem is not acknowledged in the credits for either song.

Apols if dup

• 1 month later...