IGNORED

Cow Music

• 2 weeks later...

R-9824643-1486910298-3735.jpeg.jpg

Presenting the very special yodeling style of Goebel Reeves, "The Texas Drifter" (aka The Yodelling Wrangler; George Riley; Bert Knowles; The Broadway Wrangler; The Yodelling Rustler; Johnny Fay; The Broadway Rustler and Louie Acker), singing "Reckless Tex From Texas, 1934

And now here's Goebel Reeves in "The Silver Trail" (1937)

undefined

...and a very special appearance by Goebel Reeves as "Hank"

Giddy up HD Stock Images | Shutterstock

3 hours ago, Iving said:

image.jpeg.16396f97d61b8456de2f090c88c773a7.jpeg

Brilliant! Inspired by this: "Put your sweet lips a little closer to the phone..."

Billy Brown - "He'll Have To Go" (original recording, 1959)

Brown's recording flopped, but a few months later Jim Reeves released "He'll Have To Go" as a B-side with no expectations. The song was a hit on both country and pop charts and has since been covered hundreds of times.

Solomon Burke-"He'll Have To Go", 1964 (also a hit)

THE LAST SONG EVER RECORDED BY ELVIS PRESLEY! (1976)

Finally, Ry Cooder recorded a version with a brilliant Mexican Norteño-style arrangement for his 1976 album Chicken Skin Music. His ensemble included master accordionist "Flaco" Jimenez, "El Rey De Texas"!

udderly masterful! high art! here's the studio version for purists:

Excerpt from Flaco interview on working with Ry Cooder:

Shortly afterwards, he met Ry Cooder, a musician who has spent his career uncovering and reinterpreting "lost" musical cultures. For Cooder, finding Flaco Jimenez was like finding Ali Farka Toure or Ibrahim Ferrer: it was the discovery of an artist with a completely mature vocabulary, grammar and syntax, a great artist unknown outside a small, local audience.

Cooder changed Jimenez's understanding of the world.

"I think Ry Cooder is a universal music genius," says Jimenez. "How can I explain the guy? He creates so many things. He modifies. He feels and plays any kind of music. He checked out conjunto and found out my history. He tracked me down. I never heard of him but then he opened my eyes. You must remember that when my papa played, there weren't record companies out there willing to expose conjunto music. They considered it low class, cantina music, Mexican hillbilly music."

http://frontera.library.ucla.edu/sites/default/files/3 - Ry Cooder presents Flaco Jimenez with an award at the Americana Music Festival ion Nashville%2C 2014.jpeg

COWS LOVE RY! COWS LOVE FLACO! COWS LOVE ACCORDION MUSIC... as well as yodel and other musics...like Western Swing!

Accordion Playing Cow Art Print by MollyK | Society6

Many, many accordionists KNOW this about cows!

Album Borderline par Ry Cooder | QUB musique

Greetings from America - Texas | Stamp, Postage stamps, Commemorative stamps

On 9/25/2021 at 11:19 AM, christopher3393 said:

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" (Live in Texas - September 1974) · Waylon Jennings

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" Live, Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang Tour. Austin, Texas. 2006

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" · Asleep At The Wheel, Clint Black, Ride With Bob1999

On 9/25/2021 at 12:04 PM, christopher3393 said:

Written by Bob Wills and Tommy Duncan:

"Stay a Little Longer" · Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys Tiffany Transcriptions, Vol. 2 ℗ 1946

"Stay All Night (Stay a Little Longer)" (Remastered) · Willie Nelson, 1973

"Stay a Little Longer" -  a young Steve Earle and Rodney Crowell, et alia. From the movie "Heartworn Highways", 1975

The Avett Brothers "Stay All Night"  (Bob Wills, NOT Bob Willis!)

Moving these here because this is their true home.

Bob Wills has been selected by The American Bovine Association as the "Undisputed King of Cow Music"!

22 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Very inspiring posts!

Some hardcore MU meditation.

An alternative version. 

Mu, mu..  Mu, mu, mu..

BTW this guy has some really cool mu-scles..

hmmmm... how about a little Heart Sutra... on pedal steel guitar!!!!

from album liner notes:

"The Heart Sutra

“Thus have I heard. Once the Blessed One was dwelling in Rajagrija at Vulture Peak Mountain . . .”

This opening piece is, for the most part, a monotone recitation of the Heart Sutra, the “Sutra of the Heart of Transcendent Wisdom” [as translated by the Padmakara Translation Group] delivered by the Buddha some 2,500 years ago on Vulture Peak Mountain. His message, in so many words, was that “Form is Emptiness” and “Emptiness also is Form”. All of our human conceptions, feelings, dreams, and every aspect of our physical reality is subsumed and therefore “contained” in emptiness. In this piece, the Buddha’s name is marked by a minor third, and points of emphasis are expressed in octaves. In this musical recitation with single unison notes, I tried to pay attention to the overtones produced and the subtle interplay of notes and vibrations that brought them to life."

This is immediately followed by....

And I Await the Resurrection of the Pedal Steel Guitar

notes:

"I remember very clearly the first time many years ago I heard Olivier Messiaen’s massive “Et Exspecto Ressurectionem Mortuoram”. I was in my car driving down the freeway in Houston, Texas on my way to a country-western gig. To say I was overwhelmed would be an understatement. After two minutes or so I had to pull over to the side of the road until the music ended. It has been with me ever since, from the low octaves at the beginning to the gripping propulsive conclusion. So my song is in part an homage to this monumental work by Messiaen (with which it shares the first three notes), and also expresses my own feelings on the current state of the instrument I play, the pedal steel guitar, and my hopes for its future. In this piece I wanted the whole body of the instrument – the legs, the pedals, the wood, the strings, tuning keys, bridge and nut, and pickup – to tell its story. I know the time will someday come when the steel guitar will again sing its own song – a song with a sense of majesty, ecstasy, and beauty approaching that of Messiaen."   😇

Susan Alcorn - And I Await The Resurrection Of The Pedal Steel Guitar (LP), 2006

Secrets of the Pedal steel guitar wall chart Digital Art by Andras Dancsak

Pedal Steel GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

...speaking of pedal steel guitar...

"Steel Guitar Rag" is the seminal Western swing instrumental credited with popularizing the steel guitar as an integral instrument in a Western band.

Written by Leon McAuliffe, it was first recorded by Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys in 1936.

Too tame fer ya? Here's Leon goin' up tempo in "59

clapping gifs Page 7 | WiffleGif

A little back story on this classic, including its controversial sources!