IGNORED

AyreWave- A New OSX Audio Player Released AT RMAF

Lars

If you are suffering from clicking in your external DAC output, here's two things to try:

1. Disable remote control infrared receiver. This can be found in the Security section of System Preferences.

2. Remove iTunes Helper. This can be found in the Accounts section of System Preferences under LogIn Items.

After doing these, a restart may be required.

These steps may not be a cure, but they may be a helpful diagnostic.

I find dBpoweramp on the Dell laptop is a super ripping programme - I only started down the 'puter audio road recently & I followed Chris' 'CA CD Ripping strategy & Methodology' or whatever it's called. That should be on the home page of this site, as it is essential reading for beginners.

I am dimly aware of MAX & a few others (I do not know if they support all the excellent features of the updated dBpoweramp), but I have found the convenience of a windows machine ready configured for ripping to be useful, as I am also new to MAC. I also thought the spinning disc drives in the Minis were fairly fragile?

I shall soon get a direct Ethernet connection from the NAS to the Mini sorted out; I hope that through sharing the Mini might act as a router when I want to save to the NAS from the laptop. Here's hoping...

QNAP > MACMini 2015 > Audirvana+ > M2Tech Young DAC > Magnum MP250 Class A pre > Wonfor designed Single Ended Class A Monos > modified Triangle Antal ESW (Tellurium Q Black).

With my B&W MM-1 speakers (USB) on my 2009 mini, I find in hog mode I have no way to control the volume.

This is intentional and related to the way AyreWave handles hog mode. There is no processing of the audio internally other than a conversion to double and a conversion to the DAC's format. If a gain was applied the signal would no longer be identical to the source when it was sent to the DAC which is one of AW's design goals. Typically most DACs have an integrated volume so this isn't an issue.

Without hog mode the volume works because all audio sent to the device is mixed and then a gain is applied by the OS. For your specific case it might be best to disable hog mode in order to permit volume control. If I had to listen to all my tracks at 100% I'd likely go crazy!

How would I know if integer playback does not work with my Hiface? If I check the box in prefs there still comes sound. :) Just curious...I thought that there would be some error in playback if that doesn't work right.

Macbook Pro 2010+Intel 80 gb ssd+8 gb ram+Oyen Digital Minipro (firewire) - hiFace Evo+Teddy Evo+Kimber Kable usb - Supernait+Dualteddycap with Naim cables - Anticable - Zu Druid MK4

I should have made clear it was more feedback/observation rather than complaint. The mm-1 speakers only do 16-bit as well, so it is for less serious listening in my unheated, black widow-infested home office.

The system I really care about is the one with the Nova. Despite numerous suggestions, I still haven't gotten sample rate switching to work with the "built-in"/toslink output. I haven't yet unplugged the HDMI cable. I'll give that a try.

EDIT: Unplugging HDMI, so "built-in output" is now the only option, does not cure the problem. Sample rate automatically switches when I start playing a track, and when the next track with a different sample rate comes along, it does not change. Everything is checked in the preferences.

I finally got AyreWave to play a track in 32-bit mode. However, it bypasses/crashes with EMU open. It defaults to 'Built-in Output' and only plays 44.1kHz aiff/alac.

After reading your post "They fixed it," I'm going to download it again and see now if I can play different sample rates. Thanks for the heads-up!

Well, that didn't last. AyreWave no longer playing- crash & restarts for now. Someday...

driven | by sound - \"bats & audiophiles\"[br]

In preferences you can select how often to auto - check for updates, and & download automatically. I take that to mean I won't need to uninstall & Install a new download.

I don't know if there have been any tweaks since I've been using it.

QNAP > MACMini 2015 > Audirvana+ > M2Tech Young DAC > Magnum MP250 Class A pre > Wonfor designed Single Ended Class A Monos > modified Triangle Antal ESW (Tellurium Q Black).

I have spent the last week with AW. It is superb!

I am still deciding whether stay with Amarra, but I am starting to think that AW is more enjoyable! (ouch)

Weyskipper[br]WD2TB->MacMini 2010 HDMI (Amarra Mini)-> FireWire -> Weiss DAC202 -> Nordost Valhalla ->Audio Research Ref 5-> Krell 403 -> Nordost Valhalla -> Wilson Watt Puppy 8. Power: Nordost VH, Quantum QX4, Nordost Thor[br]AV: Oppo BD95 / MacMini -> HMDI -> Krell S1200 -> Audio Research (Processor Bypass).

When I have Obtain Exclusive Access unchecked, the Mdi apps shows that my DAC has 2 channels.

The second I turn on Obtain Exclusive Access, the Midi app switches and says my DAC only has one channel. The sound is then output as Mono.

Does anyone have any ideas?

AW has become my preferred player. Just a nicely balanced sound throughout the scale.

Perhaps when the new integer PM comes out a fairer comparison can be made.

Also at the risk of feature creep, it would be nice if there was an option to display the album artwork in the main window (perhaps 500x500) whilst a track is playing?

Nevertheless thanks for a great effort Stephen.

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

Yes, I was aware of that..but the Inspector window disappears as soon as you click on another open window in the desktop.

Perhaps if you could minimize the main window to the dock whilst the Inspector window remained open on the desktop would be another great option/feature..?

iMac i5 w/ ROON > HP Stream w/ Fidelizer > Intona Industrial > Singxer F-1 DDC > ABBAS DAC3.1SE > Line Magnetic LM-518IA > Altec 604-8G in Custom 350L Cabinets + REL R-528

If you want the album artwork have a look at the Ayrewave logo on the toolbar, and it changes! - That's good enough for me.

Trying to make sense of all the bits...MacMini/Amarra -> WavIO USB to I2S -> DDDAC 1794 NOS DAC -> Active XO ->Bass Amp Avondale NCC200s, Mid/Treble Amp Sugden Masterclass -> My Own Speakers