IGNORED

AyreWave- A New OSX Audio Player Released AT RMAF

Lars

Glad it wasn't my imagination running wild. I still like the product, but I think they will have to address this. The other cosmetic stuff bothers me less, it's the sound that I care about.

It will be interesting to see how Amarra 2.1 stacks up. I hope it is properly tested. The current version is incredibly unstable.

Weyskipper[br]WD2TB->MacMini 2010 HDMI (Amarra Mini)-> FireWire -> Weiss DAC202 -> Nordost Valhalla ->Audio Research Ref 5-> Krell 403 -> Nordost Valhalla -> Wilson Watt Puppy 8. Power: Nordost VH, Quantum QX4, Nordost Thor[br]AV: Oppo BD95 / MacMini -> HMDI -> Krell S1200 -> Audio Research (Processor Bypass).

Keith previously stated that he preferred Amarra 2.1 over the other programs; PM and AW ( given the caveat that he is a dealer for Sonic).

I respect Keith and would truly like to hear Amarra 2.1. And yes, I hope that it is a more finished product than 2 was.

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

to PM1.65a so his hearing is highly suspect. :-)

Two new versions of Amarra and PM due soon plus this AyreWave, how much more fiddling around could a chap wish for?

Steve

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

I can get Ayrewave to go into Obtain Exclusive Access, and retain 2 Channels IF, I use Hallab to do the following steps.

1) Start Ayrewave, and turn off Obtain Exclusive Access

2) Start Hallab and Take Hog Mode

3) turn Obtain Exclusive Acess On.

4) release Hog mode in Hallab

If you do this AyreWave won't actually own hog mode. Only one process can own hog mode at a time, and if HALLab has it when Obtain Exclusive Access is checked in AyreWave nothing will happen because the OS prevents AyreWave from taking over the device.

I have the issue were my DAC changes from two channels to one, as soon as I enable Obtain Exlusive access (see some posts above).

This is a bug that I believe I've fixed. Some DACs support both mono and stereo non-mixable formats, and the method I was using to select the format was too simplistic.

I now have Hallab installed. I see some Mixable formats, but not any non-mixable formats. Can you tell me where to find the non-mixable formats.

The non-mixable formats will only show up when hog mode is taken. You can do this by clicking the Take button in the Info tab.

I could have sworn Obtain Exclusive Access worked for me for a while. The only change I made on my music server was to Install Amarra. Could thier iLok drivers be interfer

I don't think so- it is possible that it used to work, but I doubt the iLok driver would make a difference.

I just love the sound from this new player, a lot. However, I still get clicking during the playback. I narrowed it down to the 'Obtain exclusive access' button. When it is on, the clicking is every second, but when it is off, problem solved. Any thoughts?

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

Yep, i too am still getting clicks with hog mode active on beta2

I have been working to get to the bottom of this problem. It's especially odd that you're having an issue, because my development machine is a MBP and I use a Benchmark DAC1Pre for testing and have never had a problem.

Do you have any third-party kernel extensions (kexts) installed? (They would be in /System/Library/Extensions)

Which model MBP do you have?

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 6 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07

SMC Version (system): 1.16f11

MacbookPro//PureMusic//USB//Benchmark Dac1Pre//RWA Sig30//VR4jr

OK - that's probably not the problem.

How about those kext files?

What log-in items are listed on your Accounts page?

Do you have any gadgets attached to your computer that automatically do something? An example is Time Machine, which will automatically do a back-up every hour. (Time Machine isn't the problem, but is an example.)

Is there anything else attached to the same USB bus as your DAC? You need to look in Utilities - System Profiler - USB for this information.

I'm not sure, because I don't have any experience with any of them.

But, I found this on the Soundflower web page:

"Note that Soundflower’s audio channels represent a global audio space. If more than one application is sending its output to the same channel, the audio will be mixed...

"If you are hearing clicks or breakups, try increasing the buffer size of both applications (set within each application)."

This sure looks like a good possibility to try. I'm not sure just where Soundflower, or for that matter Audio Hijack and the others, insert themselves into the chain, but there could easily be a conflict of some kind. If it was me, I'd start there by removing all the drivers and kernal extensions associated with applications and utilities like these.

OK, what is attached to the USB system? I mean attached in the sense of a software application or utility. It could even be something as goofy as a photo utility that scans the USB ports every second to see if a camera is attached.

There are other devices that try to obtain exclusive access to the USB ports, which could cause a conflict. Some scanners do this, for example.

FWIW -I have also been experiencing the clicking sound when trying to use exclusive mode. It stops by unchecking the exclusive mode box. The clicking is at random intervals, is very faint and coming from both channels. I am using an IMAC, QB-9 and external drive is firewire. I have experienced no problems when using PM in hog mode if this helps.

A flaw in reasoning is a mistake in how conclusions are derived from assumptions, not a mistake in assumptions.

AB835

wgscott:

I just tried switching between tracks at least 100 times, and the sample rate changed each and every time according to Audio MIDI Setup.

Very curious.

Are you having similar curiosities with your various AppleScript solutions for sample rate changing?

The USB is also the problem with my system too. There is no clicking with the optical out.

"what is attached to the USB system? I mean attached in the sense of a software application or utility." How do I check this?

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

AB835:

Would you check to see how you have Pure Music and AyreWave configured?

In AyreWave, there is a Preference named Playback Options: Load files in memory. Is that checked?

I think there is a similar type option in Pure Music. Would you see if you are using that feature in PM?