IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

7 hours ago, Guido Del Giudice said:

here in Italy the Qobuz server is having serious issues...all users have lost the option to play "my favoutites" content, it comes up empty....has happened now twice this week and is till not working for anyone...

Same issue with my account. The qobuz.com website shows "My Favorites", but the qobuz app or desktop software does not.

1 hour ago, David.. Qobuz, Hi-Res Music Evangelist said:

We're working on that now.

We are partnering with Musimap to achieve that feature, similar to Spotify and Deezer's flow.

Timing is harder to predict as it depends on the quality of the Algorithms that will be provided, and how long it can take them to bring it to a quality deemed good enough for a release.

I would say that we aim to have something live in the first half of 2019.

Hi David,

I am located in EU and I am a happy Qobuz / Sublime+ customer from the very beginning. I am not sure, if I really got your answer. To my understanding it is a licence topic why you are not allowed to offer some albums (labels) in High-Res for streaming.

reg.,

Bernhard

50 minutes ago, Miska said:

I'm just curious, since Qobuz is not available in Finland I cannot try myself; has anyone tried streaming Qobuz to HQPlayer Embedded using UPnP? If Qobuz supports sending streams out to UPnP Renderer, it should work...

The Qobuz software does not, but 3rd party software does, like BubbleUPnP.

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Why is this album even appearing in the list of available albums if it is 100% unstreamable?

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 10.18.01 PM.png

I wonder if in your case you shouldn’t ask the Audirvana+ support. At least the Qobuz app highlights all tracks as „Excerpt“ (Auszug). Which means, you will only get the first 30 seconds.

B78B46A2-6E87-496F-AAAF-5ADCDE05A4A5.png

RCA Living Stereo: No Analogue Production SACDs - correct.

They are 24/88. It should be a DSD>PCM rip from the SONY SACDs. Qobuz writes: Sony Classical Originals.

You make me curious. I am on a business trip now, but will compare and report when I am back home. I think I should have all of the existing digital versions ? including AP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Musicophile said:

For all of you using the desktop client, I strongly suggest moving to Audirvana. Better sound and a remote app!

Sure, agree - good solution, if the audio computer is a MAC.

I use two Windows machines with a JPLAY connection and I can really recommend BubbleUPnP Server feeding Foobar2000. App is Linn Kazoo or Lumin.

11 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I'd say without DLNA or Roon Integration you're almost wasting your time.  That's my opinion.  

I'm using Qobuz with BubbleUPnP-Server and Linn Kazoo with great satisfaction. It directly plays to my Foobar2000 UPnP/DLNA renderer.

You can setup the BubbleUPnP-Server on your Synology and use Linn Kazoo on Win / Mac / iOS.

5 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I won't do that.  Roon is the only way I roll at this point.  I did a blind test at a GTG a couple weeks back.  Qobuz to Tidal just using their apps.  100% picked Tidal.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  

Sorry, I do not fully understand the outcome of your test. (I am not english native).

To my understanding you want to send music from Qobuz desktop app via UPnP to your system.

My suggestion, send the music from BubbleUPnp-Server via UPnP to your system. (until Qobuz has added the feature)

2 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

The PS Audio DS Dac doesn't work with Qobuz doing that.  Installing more software on the Synology isn't what I want to do.  They either need to make DLNA work flawlessly (easily) and have Roon integration or wait on the release.  My personal opinion is that they will risk a large loss by rushing the release with SW that doesn't work to replace Tidal.  Again, just my opinion.  

It seems, we have a different approach. I am EU located and I use it that way to my liking for years now. Could not imagine to loose the huge Qobuz classical portfolio. I - for example - do not like Roon.

But if you like it, what I can understand - and you want to use Qobuz now, why not temporarily install BubbleUPnP-Server (quite easy), and enjoy the music, until they deliver a full Roon integration. I do not know of course, but they will certainly bring the Roon integration soon, because of high customer requests.

Why would you want a Qobuz desktop app with UPnP? It always forces you to have your desktop running during playback. Synology NAS would do that for you in a great way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Hollypoint said:

As I continue to experiment with the beta Q, I bought a CD via the Q store.  No problem at all: showed up in the IOS app on my I Phone, I down-loaded it, it plays fine.  But I now wonder how I access it outside of the app?  Normally I buy music on my pc and use JRiver, but can’t figure how to move this file, can’t even find it outside of the Q app.

Probably an IOS issue and not Q’s but thought I’d ask.

You will have to use your computer and download the flac files there.