IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Some time ago I was registered as a Qobuz beta tester (or whatever the pre-launch program in the U.S. was called). I had not been a paid subscriber.

In trying to subscribe to the new Studio Premier offer today, I get nothing at all except the old pricing/plan options when I click the "Get Studio Premier" button on the How Do I Switch web page.

So I login using my preexisting credentials from that beta test U.S. pre-launch, and the only plans I am offered are the old ones, and they are even listed in £ as the currency instead of dollars.

What am I doing wrong? Why is the subscription page apparently that of the non-U.S. service even though clearly I am located in the U.S. and had only ever been a beta tester previously?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

3 hours ago, exdmd said:

Does not work. When I log in from that link I am automatically redirected to the GB shop and my account shows I am associated with Great Britain even though I signed up for the beta from the US. Letting customer service sort it out, they will have to manually change my country of origin looks like.

Yes I do get that exact same behavior, I too have filed a support ticket describing this issue.

I can see in my My Account Settings that my country is erroneously listed as the United Kingdom, and while there is provision to change the address, the country field is locked. So this will need to be changed by Qobuz.

1028207326_ScreenShot2019-11-09at1_36_45PM.thumb.jpg.45a2f7c12f1dfc9bf371cf6de18a3b7b.jpg

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, PAR said:

Were you originally a Qobuz Beta tester? I understand that as Qobuz USA did not exist in those early test days US testers were given access to the UK service.

Yes that is the exact issue for myself and at least one other member here (scroll back about 12 posts).

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

6 minutes ago, thyname said:

P.S. I am in USA

And that's no small detail, different albums, in different resolutions, are available in different regions of the world (or not), due to region restrictions imposed by the record labels.

We can all thank the idiot record label suits and their legal teams for that mess, one they will never likely be able to rectify.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

12 minutes ago, exdmd said:

I have had a customer support ticket open 4 days with Qobuz with no answer to this. I will give them another day then cancel my subscription. I have been over paying in British pounds all along when I should have been charged in dollars. I may register a new account from the US or switch to Tidal for a while.

I only waited about 24 hours with no ticket response from Qobuz support before just deleting my old U.S. beta tester account that was linked to their U.K. site.

Might have been nice if Qobuz had reacted to my support ticket (still nothing since Saturday afternoon), but no big deal, after deleting the original account I set-up a new one on the U.S. site and all is functioning properly now on Windows, Mac, and Android.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 minutes ago, exdmd said:

Thanks, nice to have confirmation that Qobuz needs to improve customer support. You would think they would respond faster than this.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt being that I filed the ticket on a weekend, and it just so happened to be the weekend in which they were no doubt dealing with a large number of support issues associated with new U.S. subscription offer.

It would have been more annoying if the process for deleting my old account to start a new one were complex, but it was easy enough.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, Norton said:

I’m ready to sign up once Qobuz can offer me Studio for < £15.

There was an announcement yesterday on What Hi-Fi? that seemed to indicate the new subscription plan was now available in the U.K. for £14.99/mo. or £149/yr.

Still more expensive than in the U.S. when adjusted for currency valuation, however that's likely the best you will do with it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, sockpit said:

Downloaded the free MConnect app to my iPhone.

Logged in without a hitch.  Playing right now.

Any limitations to this app?  Is it at least as good as Kazoo in paid version?

Does it do qobuz and local HD, 24 bit, 192 files, etc?

Thanks!

Linn Kazoo is also broken for me in terms of Qobuz connectivity, even the macOS desktop version no longer works.

Mconnect is great, yes it is at least as good as Kazoo in the paid (Mconnect HD) version, and yes it will stream both Qobuz and local UPnP server based tracks at 24/192, or even in the case of local server playback, DSD tracks as well.

On the Android OS I still give the nod to BubbleUPnP, but for iOS devices Mconnect is the ticket in my opinion.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how much this adds to the conversation, but I can stream Qobuz with zero issues using either Mconnect, or BubbleUPnP, to either a Sonore microRendu, or Raspberry Pi running Moode's UPnP Renderer. In the case of Mconnect, that can be either the Android or iOS version of that app, same result (BubbleUPnP is Android only).

There does not appear from an end-user standpoint to be any difference at all in using those two apps streaming Qobuz to those two Renderers, why a Technics Renderer would be significantly different is anyone's guess then.

I do have BubbleUPnP Server running in the background 24/7 on a Mac mini, but it is not set-up to create any Open Home Renderers to the best of my recollection.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 1 month later...

I'd like to revisit the issue of Linn Kazoo suddenly not working as of late Dec. 2019.

I believe to date there has been no actual response or explanation provided by either Qobuz, or Linn. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Is there a reason (that isn't top secret) that Qobuz wishes to share with it's paid subscribers as to why the Linn Kazoo apps simply won't accept Qobuz login credentials as of late 2019?

I'd ask on the Linn forum, but that was shut down by Linn in 2018, and I don't wish to register at who knows which U.K. forum in order to get this answer, I'd really appreciate a comment here from Qobuz, thank you.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

47 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I am just a Qobuz users so do not know why, but could it be possible that Linn Kazoo was using one of the shared application id and keys instead of their own?  Similar to what had happened mid last year where bunch of open source Qobuz clients were using the application id and keys that were assigned to Kodi, which got revoked breaking bunch of clients.

Quite possible, even probable. But I don't understand why that is so super top secret. Neither Qobuz nor Linn comments, it's just simply broken with no explanation of why or how it can ever be restored.

47 minutes ago, shadowlight said:

I will try to setup an OpenHome server to act as front end for HQPlayer Embedded over the weekend and see if I can help figure out the issue.

I tried that and it didn't work on my end, but I'd be very curious to hear your results. Thank you.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

28 minutes ago, Polyglot said:

This is worrying. Will geo-blocking become more strict with Qobuz? Primephonic already offers its service worldwide. Up until now you could sign up for Qobuz in any region you wished using a VPN. Industries should adapt to the wishes of paying customers, not the other way around. We ought to be able to access any catalogue we wish regardless of where we live.

You can blame the record labels for these region restrictions, it is they who impose them.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, Polyglot said:

Both are streaming services and the differences you cite have no bearing at all on the odious issue of geo-blocking.

I'd invite you to better explain it then, except that if you could, you'd have likely done that already.

I'll refrain from anything further here, except to say the geo-blocking you refer to is directly related to licensing and copyright issues, as imposed by the record labels as I stated originally. Unless all of the classical labels' content available on Primephonic is not subject to licensing and copyright restrictions, then it stands to reason the deal they have with the labels differs in more ways than one, including region restriction or lack thereof.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, David Craff said:

Securing the audio stream

Please convey the thought that if "securing the audio stream" involves fouling up the existing UPnP integration offered by Audirvana, mconnect, and BubbleUPnP as a few examples, you will very likely have a bunch of former subscribers on your hands rather quickly.

We've waited a long time for Qobuz's own "beta" UPnP feature to go someplace, and it just hasn't moved along at all. In fact, it should be removed entirely, something is not in "beta" form when it has never actually worked at all.

Just about no one has an actual computer running desktop applications in every room of their house in which they listen to music, hence the need for proper UPnP integration, which the above mentioned and others have managed to offer while Qobuz has not. If "securing the audio stream" removes that capability, I know I'm not the only one who will have no further use for Qobuz at all.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

If I am wrong in this conclusion, please would someone say.

I believe that is incorrect, read cebolla's post above. Neither app is set to proxy, they are directing the renderer to go get the stream, but the stream does not flow through the Control Point as you described. If it did, you wouldn't be able to let it sleep, or the music would stop, and it would consume a ton of battery which you've said is not the case. 

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

As mentioned above, Roon with Qobuz integration continued to work as fine as before, and I found this to hold as well for UAPP with Qobuz integration on Android.

Thats been my experience as well, and you can add mconnect HD to that, it too is working on both Android and iOS.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, jglacken said:

Ok, they are back?  I am a Qobuz customer too so it is my business!

Not when it concerns SSL and encrypted connection between their server and your browser, and certainly not when you are asking on a public forum, I would never expect Qobuz to feel the need to provide an elaborate explanation for that sort of thing.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When will the ability to select and stream to an External DLNA/UPnP renderer actually become a working feature in the Qobuz desktop application?

To the best of my knowledge, this feature marked as Beta in the UI does not and has never worked at all. There was talk it was in development again last fall if I'm not mistaken, when will it actually be working, or at least able to be tested and feedback provided on it?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook