IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

7 hours ago, Richter Di said:

Do you thinks this an appropriate solution? I should invest in a VPN solution, create a fake US account, just to get hold of the media partner playlists. Shouldn’t Qobuz as a service make them available for their customers wherever they are in the world?

It is available anywhere once you subscribed. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, maramara said:

I fail to understand why these people feel the urge to tell paying customers what they should do or not when they don't even work for the company 😆 (oh wait, I know: it's called loving bullying other people)

Having 100GB of music on a player is a perfectly fine thing to do and asking Qobuz to use a better way to encrypt their file is also perfectly fine, instead of clogging filesystems.

My iPhone XS takes more than 1 second to open the list of offline albums and I have only ~40 of them, in mp3.

There is no point in commenting on Rando's posts. It's beyond common sense.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

One major annoyance I have with the iOS app is that it keeps forgetting my genre selection. It used to remember my favourite genres, now I have to select them every single time I open the app. 

Most probably the app politely hints that it's time to check out new releases in genres that haven't been given the attention they deserve...🙃

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/4/2022 at 4:00 AM, One and a half said:

Almost mono, or such a collapsed sound stage enough to be mono. This is the result of noise artefacts entering the system interfering with timing of left and right information. The network is the same, i.e. router, switches, DX Filters Ether Regen, JCAT NET XE, renderer. Only difference is the modem where the Qobuz streaming comes from versus the local files on a Windows File Server. 

Can't do much about the cable modem, it belongs to the ISP, other than power it from a linear power supply and add a DX filter between it and the router. Currently the router and modem share the same Meanwell open cage type SMPS rated at 12V 10A. Will it help, not so sure, other than to add shielded network cables, more loop problems.

Mind's made up, Qobuz to the bin, already cancelled the free trial. 

In my case replacing default power supply units with LPSU for each the router and ISP's optical cable to home network’s ethernet converter significantly improved the sound quality not only for Qobuz, but also for the computer's local files playback. 

3 hours ago, One and a half said:

Yes, the noise is 'getting in' via a backdoor, there are two pairs of DX filters arriving this week. First spot is between the modem and router, the next from router to file server.

It may help, however filters would be a problem of its own. BTW I am happy with Qobuz, sounds fine to me 🙂

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

On the Search functionality: Maybe some truth is in between the three recent points of view - if there is something like truth at all in a subjective field as customer satisfaction is.

Yeah, Qobuz us the best we have, in particular for classical, also for jazz.

But Search is and has been somewhat quirky. Myself, I have also learnt how to mitigate the quirks and arrive at something useful, maybe like 75% of the time or more.

However, you happen to find unreasonable things, too. Maybe it got more quirky recently. Take that ”Beethoven 7 Kleiber“ example. In the iOS App 6.12.0 on iOS 16.1.2, Germany, I get:

- ”Best results“: Daniel Barenboim (artist)

- ”Albums“: An appropriate list of results

- ”Artists“: None found

Not satisfying, but it can be handled.

What I find more disturbing is: The general Search in the whole catalog accepts more general search texts like the example above. However, the Search in My Favorites is very restricted. Already ”Beethoven 7“ yields ”No results“, as does ”Beethoven Kleiber“. I can enter only one keyword to search for. Or I can enter an exact album title or artist name.

Plus, all Search functions are fault and typo intolerant.

Just my 2 cents. But that ”Qobuz is the best we have“ holds for me. Thanks.

If you enter the Beethoven 7 Kleiber, you should get mixed results. There are two different Carlos Kleiber recordings, on DG and Orfeo, and Erich Kleiber recordings too. So you probably shouldn't expect a single correct answer in the artist column... I agree, though, that Barenboim popping out as an answer seems like crap. Poor AI, unable to choose between father and son, tucks in the first random name, and not even the valid recommendation.

1 hour ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Maybe I wasn‘t clear enough, sorry. The valid result for ”Beethoven 7 Kleiber“ on DG in HiRes is the first one on the ”Album Results“, just as desired. And bringing out both father and son Kleiber is desirable, unless I had specifically asked for Carlos. So no, it‘s not bad, except for Barrnboim as”Best result“.

As I said, if you start a search for Beethoven 7 Kleiber you will not get the correct result in the "artist" column, for the reasons mentioned earlier. So there is nothing to speak of, imho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
  • 5 months later...

I have problem accessing Qobuz from my home wi-fi network. I am getting error notification when trying to access from both my computer and my phone, either with Qobuz app or Naim app:

Could not login

Proxies and VPNs not allowed.

I do not use any VPNs or proxies. The technical support of the ISP confirmed they do not use any of such as well. With the help of my ISP I changed the IP (last tree digits) several times, it didn't help. Everything worked properly for several years before that. From other wi-fi networks at other places or from mobile data in a smartphone login works ok at the moment, the problem with login only in my home wi-fi network.

What can be done? 

36 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can you access the Qobuz website and login to the web site? Just trying to narrow it down. 

I guess so. In fact, Qobuz app also opens, I can see front page. But when I try to open any of the albums, the logo in the middle spins and nothing opens. The albums in offline library can be played. I can also open menu from top far right. If I try to open Qobuz in smartphone with wi-fi on or through Naim app, an error message appears. At the moment I am not at home, and I can play albums from Qobuz with wi-fi network here from both mac book and iphone. 

Contacted Qobuz customer support from Qobuz app menu last Saturday. No reply at all. As per now there is a notification in support's chat window which tells: "not seen yet" in reply to my messages... So I can not listen to  Qobuz at home since last week. Does anyone know how to reach them?