IGNORED

How much does it cost to be an audiophile?

8 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I listened to the MSB diamond and platinum, extensively. They are in my opinion very impressive sounding. The key for me was impressive in that they threw out a huge soundstage and were overly detailed and etched IMO. There was no denying the "wow" factor. The exact same DAC module was seen in a Rockna DAC at much less price. I didn't like that either. The MSB Select DAC is monumentally expensive. I have not heard it.

Sometimes then putting a very transparent and clear sounding DAC in an audio system and it makes the sound more etched, it’s not inevitably because the DAC has add it. The problem can originate from other gear and only be more noticeable with a more transparent and clear sounding DAC, that doesn’t mask artifacts made by other gear or the mains power.

MSB Select DAC is ridicule expensive, but are much better and smoother sounding than the MSB Diamond V IMO, so I guess I agree that some older MSB DAC can sound a bit synthetic and overly analytical after all ? 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mansr said:

No, but it will eat you within 100 yards. Not very smart of you, is it?

If you are in an area there the probability to be attacked by any predator without anything to defend yourself with, you are not very smart. Even the Neanderthals with an IQ below 70 know it.

12 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

There is most certainly such a thing as IQ.

Don't confuse that with the difficulty in measuring it.

Yes exactly, how to calculate IQ is difficult because intelligence include so many different capacities like logic, understanding, self-awareness, knowledge, reasoning, planning, creativity and problem solving. To have great capability in logic or knowledge is often of little value IRL if other skills and common sense are severely lacking.