IGNORED

How much disrespect is alllowed on Computer Audiophile?

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

P.S. Nearly everyone posting in this thread has been reported several times by other members of the community. If I acted on all the reports, it would be me and my wife posting back and forth and that’s it. Everyone would be gone. We have to try to get along even when it seems like some people aren’t pulling their weight in this area. Given enough rope, the jerks will get themselves banned for truly bad behavior. 

Well, now I HAVE to post here...

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

yes, it is folded right in - maybe he did not run the deconvolution algorithm on it?

the subject is of course missing (but that is due to the objective nature of it, eschewing subjectivism)

Sorry, I was using MQA...

OH SNAP, he did not just go there...

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, bigbob said:

When I am in a Chronic phase of Audiophilia--you might be amazed at how I survive. Money spent around here falls into two categories: Food or Stereo. Like "guns vs. butter" I often chose Stereo over Food, and I was surprised yesterday to weigh-in at the clinic, and have lost 38 lbs. (10% of my body weight) in the past few months. So much for the ameliorating effects of Hi-Res Audio...:D

That's dedication.  I think I would choose food every day of the week over audio.

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Herbes de Provence Potato Gratin would be one of the top potato dishes, and it is hot

BigB is pointing out how a great recipe can be deconvoluted into a mess when people don't care...

Yesterday, it was my heritage, today it's my Grandmas cooking...  Damn you Ralf... ;)

No electron left behind.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:25 PM, Ralf11 said:

You could eat only fruits.  Plants produce fruits "in order" for animals to eat them,  and disperse their seeds (which pass unharmed thru the gutb and get a nice fertilizer deposit to help them get started).  Everybody benefits, aka Mutualism.

I see what you did there...

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, wgscott said:

So here is a conundrum:

Yesterday on a flight back home, as the plane was loading, I sat down in my aisle seat, and then got up when the occupant of the center seat shows up.  He looks at me and says "Can I have your seat?"  He is about 7 ft tall.  I'm about 5'9" with disproportionately short legs.  I wasn't too thrilled and pointed out that I paid an $36 to get that seat, hoping he would take the hint, but instead we got into a bit of an argument, with me suggesting the way to do this would be for him to have purchased an aisle seat, or one in the emergency exit row (which has loads of legroom) in advance, from American Airlines (who now shakes you down for additional charges for decent seats).  So we are both standing there and everyone else is getting pissed off, so I just sat in the middle seat, and he and his friends in the row ahead of us (who didn't feel compelled to sacrifice their seats) were suggesting I was being an asshole for objecting to his sense of entitlement, and I was pointing out that if we both had paid the same amount, rather than me forking over an extra $36 for the seat I no longer had, it wouldn't have been as much of an issue.

So, who was the asshole in this situation?

I would have told him to fuck off and sat back down in my seat.

No electron left behind.