IGNORED

UltraRendu vs an expensive music server

There are two schools of thought: 1. Use a Newegg motherboard, filter it, and upgrade the hell out of it. 2. Start with something designed from scratch for the job. We use to build music servers and after countless hours trying different variations of the same filters and tweaks it became very expensive and a futile exercise. I was bored to tears with them and thought there had to be a better way than using a standard motherboard. Anyway, we decided to design something from scratch and eliminate everything possible on the hardware and software that was not needed in addition include a quality power circuit and killer clocking. The power supply we mostly leave up to you so you can choose the "El Cheapo" or the best power supply you can afford. 

• 3 months later...

ElviaCaprice

2 hours ago, ElviaCaprice said:

Then there is the opposing camp, that realize your just pushing the problem further downstream with a renderer, trying to limit/correct the damage that has occurred upsteam.  Thus the recent explosion of upscale servers (and switches) with custom mobos, power supplies and even clocking, which with a bit of DIY have been preceded (see sCLK EX) to a point (mobo compromises), cost $1500-2k plus power supply.   Results, best SQ yet.

Keep it simple, go to the source.

That is a mischaracterization of what we are going. The only thing we are doing is isolating the server from the endpoint over the network and making the best possible endpoint to connect to your audio gear.  

1 hour ago, rickca said:

To counter this 'been there, done that' attitude, have a look at the conclusion of this review of the Zenith MK2

http://hifipig.com/innuos-zenith-mk2/

I have both a Zenith SE and an ultraRendu.  I enjoy them both.  The SE is much better, period.  

I'm not sure what prompted you to respond in this way. If you want to use an all in one as your source unfortunately you need to go to this extent. This is exactly what I have explained before and yes been there done that. Another example of this approach is Aurender. I'm sure you're happy with your solution and I take no issue with that. I decided to move away from a tweaked out off the shelf motherboard solutions and I really have no regrets. We are able to offer systems to customers in a much more affordable range with fanatic sound quality. Have you heard the Sonore Signature Rendu SE?   

On a side note: If Innous or anyone else for that matter is using Vortexbox and not paying SGC a license for it then its use makes it an illegal product.

5 minutes ago, KingRex said:

The  problem people seem to have is manufacturer reps stomping around on a people forum yarping their magistracy over all others.  Its unsophisticated, plebeian speak.  It's just plain boorish and really drives a wedge between sellers and buyers.  Barrows engenders no desire to try a Sonore product from me.  Maybe his pious attitude impresses others but the reaction to his speak on this forum should cause pause for introspection.  

Understood and point well taken. Please understand I only came in because someone mischaracterized what we are doing.