IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

I have had this happening for a while, I think I have posted about it before but never had a response.

When I have System Optimizations enabled, and turn A+ off, it sends Spotlight into a FIT that takes over my computer for a number of minutes while it reindexes something, not sure what.

Without SysOpt enabled, I do not have this problem.  Is there a Fix?  Anyone else have this problem?

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

this is where they are... as you can see, in the message i posted earlier that i have put the same files with same dates in my dropbox for you to try to put mine in yours (no sex involve here :)) if you have nothing there on your mac... if you go to right place and have something like mine, close A+,  trash them, restart Mac, then restart A+ and reinstall SysOpt

Snapz001.jpg

" (no sex involve here :)) "

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

For what i've seen here and on Audirvana own forum with many people, maybe not majority like Musicophile said,

is since version 3.0 or 3.0.1 not sure, when Damien change something in the System Optimizer, many people have had bugs...

like the preferences where not flush before making the change that Damien did with the coding or something like it, and the preferences got corrupted for some and not for others... Same thing happenned for many with Database passing from 2.6.6 to v3

You can try trashing the 4 files like i said in the post above this one...

i think you should have some there as oppose to Lang Ht... or copy then somewhere, then trash it and try reinstalling SysOpt. If not working, put yours back where they were.

Me too i have those off and all notifications off also, so SysOpt is not very much needed for me but i have no bug, so it is on :) 

but maybe your FIT thing is related that Spotlight never finished indexing your MAC in the first place,

let it go all night and see if it is finish in the morning and it never bugs you after...

Spotlight won't go all night, just for a few minutes.

No electron left behind.

@damien78  I think you'd like to know that when I opened A+ this morning, it told me the new version was available.  I downloaded it and it extracted, and then asked me if I wanted to install and relaunch.  It shut down A+ and did not install or relaunch.

I downloaded the new one and installed it manually and it appears to be working fine so no worries there, just an informative tidbit for you if it matters.

No electron left behind.

45 minutes ago, Da Horsey said:

This is my really first try with Audirvana 3.1.2 with my revamped system and it's without question a fine piece of work. I'm having one problem as I'm nearing the end of the trial. 

On my old Macbook Pro penryn running El Capitan I tried the SysOptimizer settings (all of them actually). There doesn't seem to be anything I can hear with or without it. They all sound excellent. (My laptop is a standalone, no usb devices attached.)

Now I've seen all my search capabilities utterly decimated. Searches in Apple Mail, Spotlight and Notes are all rendered useless. I've tried deselecting the SysOptimizer setting in its entirety but even after doing so and quitting Audirvana, no dice. Same lack of any search capabilities as before.

Do I need to restart the computer and short of that working, how do I get my search capabilities back? 

As for the sound capabilities; A+ for Audirvana Plus: a find job!

System: McIntosh LS340, Rei DA34x DAC, completely rebuilt Acrosound ULIIs with KT120 tubes, Russian FT3 teflon capacitors .22uf,  Richard Grey 600RPM Pro, Schitt Sys passive preamp. Yeah, it's spectacular.

Try this, open A+, don't play any music, open preferences and on the sysopt pane select restart all services, then shut down A+.  Spotlight and the such will take a long time to work, so don't expect it to work immediately.

Then, go ahead and turn it off because it apparently does nothing but cause problems.

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 3.36.08 PM.png

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...

@damien78

To continue with what Jud said above.  I also have intermittent issues with A+ and lockups, pauses, not downloading TIDAL songs, and strange behaviors.  I don't know if it is an issue with TIDAL, A+, or my network.  You let me know what you need and I will provide it.

Otherwise, all is well and still loving the sound!

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 8.20.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 8.23.07 PM.png

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

This slow loading shows slowness getting the audio data from TIDAL. Server load issue on their side?

The stop in the middle of the song is a timeout waiting for data from TIDAL that has expired. This timeout is quite long (tens of seconds) and is there to avoid blocking playback for infinite amount of time.

Wouldn't it be there TO block playback for an infinite amount of time?

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Musicophile said:

I’d also have preferred eg a new release of the iOS remote first and a focus on one platform only. By we can’t really blame Damien for wanting to potentially more than double his user base. 

You're right, of course.

7 hours ago, jos said:

Agree!

Glad I am not alone.

No electron left behind.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Can you expand on timing getting screwed up? I may have the same issue that only happens when hitting the next track button.

In my case, the track doesn't actually start playing even though I see the buffering being completed. Happens more with DSD than PCM with me.

Yeah, that's basically it, the track starting and stopping gets a bit jumbled, I even had one track playing over another for a few seconds, all kinds of weird stuff happening.  I also had one track end before the song was actually over.

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, AmosM said:

I’m an Audirvana user and admirer and normally update immediately to the latest version. This week it seems some user configurations are having more challenges than normal.

Do more experienced users here recommend a brief delay for those who haven’t upgraded to any 3.2 yet?

I am still using it...

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 5.39.08 PM.png

No electron left behind.