IGNORED

How DOES the grounding boxes work?

5 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

As long as we confine ourselves within the ancient realm of "electricity" we will not be able to move forward into a boundless eternity of audiophile joy.

Owsley Stanley seemed to be able to do that (developing the monitor speaker, differential microphones, and the Wall of Sound) completely within the "ancient realm of 'electricity'.  He didn't use things like grounding boxes.

2 minutes ago, esldude said:

But he was an audio engineer and chemist.  He used drugs.  With drugs you don't need the grounding boxes to do the impossible.  :)

But even his most wacky, drugged-out inventions operated completely within the confines of the "ancient realm of 'electricity'.

42 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

I can but I won't dignify that question with a serious response. I think we have more than enough trolls on these threads without any encouragement.

The thread itself is a troll.

Anyone who thinks sand in a box is a ground has sand in their head.  Anyone who sells such a thing as a grounding device should probably have a chat with their liability attorney.

28 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I thought you were a Bezerkely-ite - grad. school?

my point tho is there is insufficient science education in the liberal arts curriculum (and what there is, tends to teach science as a body of knowledge, not as a procedure for understanding reality)

Yeah, I went to Berkeley for grad school.  I went to a small college in Maine before that.

Turns out the National Academy did a survey, and a disproportionately large number of their members are the product of small liberal arts colleges.  

If science is being misrepresented in higher education, I think it is our fault (i.e., that of the scientists).

9 minutes ago, Abtr said:

Personally I don't see a fundamental electrical difference between (mother) Earth and a bucket of grit or sand, except for the different scale of the possible electrical properties. So if, e.g., connecting protective shields or signal grounds to earth is beneficial, then grounding boxes might 'work'..   

In that case, put a lightning rod on the roof of your house and connect it with a wire to a bucket of grit or sand.  Let us know what happens after the next thunder storm.