IGNORED

New loudspeakers & room digital correction service

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I am happy to announce upgrades and new stuff on the plugins side :

• Room Shaper : I have continued my quest for the perfect tool to solve low&mid frequencies room issues. While the original version was focused on the resonances decay time issues, the new version is adding a correction for the onset side. I call it "impact" correction as it brings back the controlled punch we can have in very good listening conditions. I have added a new graph to show how much your room has perceptual issues. The plugin is available here
  • Soundstage Shaper : the beta testing phase discussed in this thread came to a positive end and the new plugin and its configuration tool are available here

And finally, a new tool to smartly compensate for hearing loss (linked to age or specific disease) Discussed in this thread and available here

Cheers,

Thierry

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, Bill Brown said:

Forgot a question.  EQ after the plugin.  I use it for headphone EQ (HD650s).  Minimum phase.  I also do minimum phase upsampling.  My suspicion, especially after working with the configurator, is that phase is an important part of what you are doing(?).

Phase plays in important role for the "ambience" generation. The sources re-positioning part of the process is linear phase.

You can keep a post EQ as long as it is common for left & right channels. I like the iso loudness approach (match headphones vs loudspeaker) promoted by David Griesinger. You can try it using his plugin or my own tool available here (my tool gives the option to correct your loudspeaker to have a fully flat frequency response when determining your iso loudness curve)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @Sangster

Thanks for you advice, would be good for me to understand what issues you are facing with my website... To not pollute this thread, please contact me at [email protected]

I am still exploring the potential of signal processing and found a new solution to improve reproduction for "flat sounding" tracks or systems. Without changing the tonal balance and using some principles of analog reproduction, I created filters that give more relief to the reproduction. Instead of changing DAC you can now easily tune your system with such filters. 

As usual don't hesitate to contact me for a demo.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...