IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

• 2 weeks later...

A few folks contacted me asking how I liked the ver 3. It has not been shipped to the best of my knowledge. Given that Sonore and SGC have always sent stuff to me pretty quickly in the past, I guess they just don’t have a completed product to sell yet.

Steve Plaskin

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 2:52 AM, Mercman said:

A few folks contacted me asking how I liked the ver 3. It has not been shipped to the best of my knowledge. Given that Sonore and SGC have always sent stuff to me pretty quickly in the past, I guess they just don’t have a completed product to sell yet.

Did you receive your ver3 yet, Mercman? I ordered one almost 2 months ago and still haven't received it.

5 hours ago, Mercman said:

Nothing yet Mags. My order was placed 3 months ago.

I was told a couple days ago they'll send me a ver.2 to use until my ver.3 is ready. Hasn't shipped yet, though. Stay tuned.

We have been working through some post production issues. For the past two days John has been testing a fix with good results. Two of the fixes have very postivide affect on the units overall so we are excited to have uncovered them as a consequence of the detaled analysis. Next is some testing in various systems as proof of concept and then incororate the fixs on the production run. It's slow work and we appreciate your patience.   

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We have been working through some post production issues. For the past two days John has been testing a fix with good results. Two of the fixes have very postivide affect on the units overall so we are excited to have uncovered them as a consequence of the detaled analysis. Next is some testing in various systems as proof of concept and then incororate the fixs on the production run. It's slow work and we appreciate your patience.   

When can we expect to get our orders?

Steve Plaskin

19 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It all looks very promising. In the end, it should be with the wait. 👍

Steve Plaskin

• 3 weeks later...

I received a Rendu Signature SE in the mail today. It was a total surprise as I received no communication about the shipment; luckily I was home.

I have no idea whether it is a v2.0 or v3.0, however, as it has no markings indicating either.

The bad news is that I haven't gotten my Sonic Transporter i9 or CD ripper yet, so I can't listen to the system at this point.

3 hours ago, Mags said:

I received a Rendu Signature SE in the mail today. It was a total surprise as I received no communication about the shipment; luckily I was home.

I have no idea whether it is a v2.0 or v3.0, however, as it has no markings indicating either.

The bad news is that I haven't gotten my Sonic Transporter i9 or CD ripper yet, so I can't listen to the system at this point.

You can use mConnect on a phone or tablet to stream Qobuz or Tidal to the unit. You can use any server (JRiver, Roon) on a computer to stream local content. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

You can use mConnect on a phone or tablet to stream Qobuz or Tidal to the unit. You can use any server (JRiver, Roon) on a computer to stream local content. 

Great, thanks. Did you send me a v3.0 unit or is it a v2.0?

• 2 weeks later...
  • vortecjr changed the title to Sonore Signature Rendu SE Deluxe

Jesus, Adrian, and Barrows:

My initial sonic impressions of the Signature Rendu SE Deluxe are that it is an amazing accomplishment. As good as the former model was, the new Deluxe is a big-time improvement.

You folks should be very proud of your new creation !

Steve Plaskin

5 hours ago, Mercman said:

Jesus, Adrian, and Barrows:

My initial sonic impressions of the Signature Rendu SE Deluxe are that it is an amazing accomplishment. As good as the former model was, the new Deluxe is a big-time improvement.

You folks should be very proud of your new creation !

So you received the Deluxe, which I assume is the same as the V3.0?

I'm also assuming that means my Deluxe will be shipping soon to replace the older version I was shipped...

10 hours ago, Mags said:

I'm also assuming that means my Deluxe will be shipping soon to replace the older version I was shipped...

The official designation on the unit’s label is D for Deluxe. 

10 hours ago, Mags said:

Reading your post again. Your unit will need to come in for the upgrade. My VP Adrian is handling these things though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I received an email with detailed feedback on a recent Signature Rendu SE Deluxe upgrade. He has an older opticalRendu (not Deluxe) with a good power supply and is comparing things. He purchased the Signature Rendu SE Deluxe from SGC.  

I have permission to share the email with our customers so I'm going to post it here in full less his contact information. Also, he included some images, but they don't open so I'm just leaving them out.

Finally he makes custom cables and he mentions them in his write up. If you want more information on his cables contact me and I'll forward your request to him. I'm not certain if he sells them or makes them for himself.