IGNORED

Munich High End Show 2017

44 minutes ago, m5sime said:

Hi @The Computer Audiophile Chris, any chance of finding out more about the new Brooklyn Class D Amp from Mytek? Many of us here have the Brooklyn DAC. 

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2017/05/new-mytek-brooklyn-amplifier.html?m=1

I wonder who's class D tech inside? Eg ncore. 

Thank you!! 

Looking into it right now for you. 

IMG_20170520_164458.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, JoseL said:

Hi Chris and thanks for reporting the show.

Could you please elaborate more on this? Did you get to see the actual units and/or talk to anybody from RoonLabs?

TIA

It has been in the works for awhile. I talked to the Room guys again here and they said they would announce it to the public yesterday. 

One i3 and one i7 version. Uses a NUC inside but very nice case. Will be sold at retailers. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Today I had an opportunity to sit down with Peter McGrath from Wilson Audio. He has been a recording engineer for 40 years. He had several of his tracks encoded as MQA versions and gave me a proper A/B using an MQA enabled dCS DAC. 

There was no denying the positive difference MQA made in each track. There were substantial audible benefits on all five tracks we played. I asked him to flip back and forth several times so I could make sure of what I heard. In this case, MQA made the music sound much much better. 

I was in the room with someone else who is quite skeptical of MQA, and he heard the same very positive differences.

Our listening was done after show hours, so the noise level was substantially lower and the conditions were good. 

4 minutes ago, Miska said:

What format was the non-MQA track?

So far to me, for example the original 2L DXD tracks sound much better than the MQA versions. Same goes for the various albums I've purchased from highresaudio.com in both MQA and original hires.

The original files I believe were 24/88.2 WAV files recorded on a Nagra digital machine. One track was 44.1 I believe.

3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I should time my next Porsche purchase to coincide with the Munich show as well.  I could just stay in Europe for the months of May and June, hit the Nurburgring, The Munich High End Show, and Le Mans, all in one trip and with my own Porsche...

Hmmm, there is a new GT3 out...

There are a couple Porsches on the show floor here. Burmester audio systems in them.