IGNORED

DIY DC power cables

10 minutes ago, tboooe said:

So $36 includes the 2 Oyaide connectors?  If so that's a great price!  Is he willing to make a Y cable?

YES as stated i my post. What you see is what you get.

I have suggested Y-Connector for him. Let's us see how this one turns out. I hope many will order.

And I have made him aware of JSSG :)

As I think his other cables will benefit form this technique.

The Y-corrector may need the modified Elec plug. But he may come up with an other suggestion, as maybe 8 wires can fit into that Oyaide plug. Just give him some time.

Also if you don't like black sleeve, you can have other color or even without I guess.

Our friend says he can make a shielded version if requested. (Maybe someone can can confirm a purchase by emailing him and he can make a sample, and notify us her as well).

Y-cable seems to be a challenge.

Can someone post ideas what is acceptable. Does it have to be Oyaide ?

Smaller cable, Shield or no shield, or a modified Elec plug, or a plastic plug in one end. I think it's fair if we can agree upon "one standard". Or make the split outside the plug ?

Maybe we should find a manufacturer that is willing to make a Y-plug :D

1 hour ago, tboooe said:

Ok I will ask for the John Swenson shielded version and report back.

I suppose the shield wire should be hidden inside a sleeve that cover the whole cable ?

Use his Canare 4S6S shielded cables he already have in stock I suppose ?

ScreenShot193.jpg

Maybe add JSSG to an USB cable as well then ? :)

And try to add shielded USB plugs as well, if they exist.

@JohnSwenson

My next "project" is to have our friend making an Ethernet cable using you shielding guide (JSSG)

Now I need some advice. I've notice that a good plug is the key. So defiantly the Telegärtner MFP8 T568A Cat.6 will be a must. (Unless someone has discovered an alternative).

Do you think such a cable like this one can be used, or should we use a more traditional design where in addition to shielded pairs we should use an outer shield as well ?

Should the individual shielded pairs be part of the shield loop or only the outer shield ?

Or go totally crazy and make several shield-loops ?

Here is anyway some inspiration for everybody: (Taken from here)

@Jud

The plug is 22 mm long. Is this to long ?

The cable is very flexible. 

So so let's say 3 cm in total. What is your requirement ?

You can in worst case remove the cover of the plug, and maybe bent it a bit ?

Why not email the guy ?

36 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

a]  Isn't a Canare Star-Quad cable already shielded?

Both versions exist. Hava a look at their catalogue. 

As an example:

• 4S6    unshielded
  • 4S6S is shielded 

There exist a G version also. Oxygen free copper. 

On 7.5.2017 at 5:18 PM, R1200CL said:

Y-cable seems to be a challenge.

Can someone post ideas what is acceptable. Does it have to be Oyaide ?

Smaller cable, Shield or no shield, or a modified Elec plug, or a plastic plug in one end. I think it's fair if we can agree upon "one standard". Or make the split outside the plug ?

Maybe we should find a manufacturer that is willing to make a Y-plug :D

Noboddy need a Y-split ?

Or just none has a suggestion how to do ?

Will the Elec plug standard or modified version hold 8 wires (dual Canare 4S6 without outer black isolation ) ?

@Michael-Elijah Audio Can you please test with your Elec connector ?

If doable, is it acceptable to use a Oyaide without the cover, and just use a heat shrink tube ?

6 hours ago, Michael-Elijah Audio said:

I don't have the Canary-:) wire

OK

I will have Elec shipped to Oslo, hopefully tomorrow. I have Canare 4S6.

The French was afraid shipping samples to China, as they may get lost in the post. 

Ghent has confirmed he is also working on a solution.

38 minutes ago, elan120 said:

Elec connectors and Canare 46S do work together nicely.

We know. We like to test 8 single wires from that cable, in order to verify if a Y-split is doable.

Heat shrink tube over the plug. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those that really like an Y-split DC cab with Oyaide plugs, just email Ghent with desired length. 

The Y will be done soldering the cable close to source plug. He will send you pictures before you decide. 

I just ordered his USB cable with JSSG. The shield "feedback" is done using 24awg silicone wire. 

And if anyone wonders. The USB plugs is connected to shields as the standard requires. 

It it't just for fun to test it against other USB cables. Though I expect it to be a winner. 

JSSG.png

You can never have enough LPS-1 ?

My my next project is to serial connect two LPS-1 and se if my SonicTransporter i5 can work with less than 1,2 A. 

For switch I hope John and Alex surprises us with a audiophile 5 port 100 MHz some day. As I understand it's basically clocks and regulators, that need some upgrade. 

I must say I'm not sure how much a better switch is doing things as long as the endpoint and a USB regen is in the chain. 

Maybe you can post post about your switch in the Router and Ethernet Switch suggestions thread ? Remember to tell us what cables you use. 

WoW. So nice to know you have idea how the "perfect" audiophile switch should be. OK I can wait 2018. 

I think you must soon design a rack for multiple LPS-1, as I easily can se I need at least 6 of them. ?

Probably more, when your new releases submerge, as I would expect clean power is a must as always for the very best result. 

A standard hifi hifi rack is about 44 cm wide. So you may squeeze inn 4 units in 2 hight ...

If it's not going to happen. How about release a cad drawing or similar that can be used for printing such a faceplate ?

I will I'll not be surprised that a 9 or 12 V version of the LPS-1 soon will happen, as I understood it is doable within reasonable cost.

Thanks for this nice teaser ?