IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Norton said:

And what are your motives?  You joined on October 5th, you've made 40 posts so far, 37 of which are overtly critical  of MQA.  Why are you on this forum and what are you adding positively to the Computer Audiophile community?

My positive addition is ridding the "Computer Audiophile" community of the cancer known as MQA.. fake format

marketed on numerous lies. Oh yeh, and it is lossy.

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you truly wanted to see MQA fail, a different tact would get you much further. 

sorry, disagree. with so many ignorant shills recruited for MQA,, and with members of the press

floating the most absurd, dishonest notions about MQA freely, being nice gets zilch.

that being said..I am all ears.

2 minutes ago, Norton said:

Is that the best reply you can muster? 

So you join this forum pretty much exclusively to slag off MQA, clearly  hold audiophiles in contempt and don't appear to have anything positive to contribute to the field of computer audio.  If anything you are making me think maybe there's something in this MQA after all....

Seriously, is there is something wrong with your comprehension? What is the title of this thread? What is the topic

of this thread?  When I need your advice on what content to post and on what threads I will drop you a line.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 4est said:

Yes, but it you are cherry picking two of the most knowledgeable posters on this site. There are many others here that just froth at the mouth. IIRC, people were all over him about DR when he repeatedly stated it was not his decision. Sure his answers were rough, but what do you expect him to do- spend hours attempting to defend his livelihood to a bunch of hobbyists while alienating his clientele? I felt for him. I work in the custom home industry, and I'd hate to have to defend myself for the products that I make. Like him, I am just a cog in the wheel controlled by others.

Beautifully stated. 

Like you I am sure, Brian's passion is to produce the best product he can within the parameters his clients want.

The DR lynch mob was over the top, and the last 12 months has proven being nice gets you nowhere.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We like to use facts around here. A couple people criticizing BL's work doesn't equal a lynch mob. You miss the vast majority of people around here who just want to learn something without being called an idiot. 

Those of you who who keep talking about this undeserved harsh treatment BL received are really dreaming things up in your head. You read into comments way more than I could ever imagine. 

When people criticize my work, the last thing I'd ever do is call them names and attack them personally. That's Trump style and BL style. Those who can't handle criticism shouldn't do work that the public consumes. 

Factual evidence or you're wrong. 

No, sorry, if was more than a "couple" of people.

Secondly, you might find this amusing, but my quote about not being nice actually pertained to the rise of Trump, not about this board, which could have been prevented if the press and the opposition was not so "nice". :D

Although you could also apply it to the rise of MQA in general. Way too many gave it a pass...just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, firedog said:

Sorry, I’m not doubting your intentions, but it sounds more like you drank the Koolaid after talking to “Bob” and others. As one example, you didn’t pick up on the fact that MQA is far from lossless. Nor did you understand that “authenticated” can mean some faceless bureaucrat at a record label “approved” the MQA version. How do you think all those thousands and millions of MQA songs are getting approved at such a rapid rate? Some mastering engineers have already confirmed that this is what’s happened with the MQA versions of  some of the albums they mastered. 

As far as more hi-res music, why do we need MQA for that? Is something preventing the labels from releasing hi-res? It certainly isn’t streaming: Hi-res flac can be streamed with no issue. And a properly produced 18/96 flac  made from a 24/96 master is actually deeper in bit depth and has more resolution that so-called 24/96 MQA file, which is at most 17 bits in depth and throws away the higher end of the resolution. Oh, and by the way, that 18/96 file is also smaller than the MQA version, when streamed....So I ask again, why do we need MQA in order to get more hi-res?

Where is the PLUS ONE MILLION BUTTON? B|

5 minutes ago, firedog said:

Sorry, I think we need to stop using the word “shill” all the time. Lee seems to have been  too willing to accept what he was told, and not particularly critical of what he was being told.  He may be incorrect, it doesn’t make him a “shill”. 

"Not particularly critical"? That is the understatement of the decade so far.

PTA's editor I think does a pretty good job of being a consumer advocate, but these write ups are just absolute drivel

49 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

I stand by that word.  I think it sums up the value of cleverly using a convenience-driven audience to drive better sound quality adoption.  I don't think we have seen that before except to a lesser extent the current LP phenomena which can offer better sound quality than CD.  But with LPs, there is not enough money to remaster the whole catalog.  With digital, though, we have the ability.

This is has been the audiophile so called "press" approach..double down, and dig deeper into hole, regardless

of what the reality of the technology is. MQA has NOTHING to do with sound quality.

Just now, Lee Scoggins said:

I am not sure this is true.  According to Ken Forsythe, if the file exists in 24/192 then 24/192 MQA can be offered.

Which shows you are being, what was it you said...a useful what?

MQA upsamples anything above 96 to the original sample rate. If you get 192 it is coming form an upsampled process.

LOSSLESS.

Do your homework then come back. Maybe next time you won't get a knew corn hole the size of a comet crater torn

into your backside.