IGNORED

new Qobuz desktop app - favolosissima!

I've just downloaded the beta release and I'm floored. Its fast, beautiful and full of new features. I've agreed not to share the details. It is an entirely new experience. Bravo Qobuz!

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Ciao...not sure about A+. I'm using it at my desk - w/the output to Amarra. Sound wise, I'm not sure. I just use the app at my desk through the iMac speakers. Visually its a winner. Also much better Roon-ish like information. I'm listening to the new Ophélie Gaillard C.P.E. Bach and the background info provided by the app is a big improvement.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

...not sure. Qobuz messaged me and asked if I would be a beta tester

Is it gapless or does it still have the 2s issue?

Crossfade's duration:

2 seconds

You can toggle the crossfade option any time

The beta does not include a 'preferences' menu...perhaps it's intentional for a beta release

• 1 month later...

Is this now up and running yet the desktop page seems 'better' in some ways- how can you tell if you have it?

Musicophile- I use both the desktop app the remote and A+2 all sound very good and the same to me but I use the desktop for building playlists but that is problamatical sometimes as Qobuz doesn't always load the albums I select it acts like it has to 'rest' before it will load something or simply won't load a particular album

• 2 weeks later...
When I log in the application defaults to German (I guess as my account is set-up as Austrian). I would much prefer English, but can not find a setting to change or a file to edit to change the language.

Any idea, if i have different prices or different copyright limits - just in case I would change my address?

When I checked (over a year ago) the Euro prices were the same for the downloads I looked at (however the selections of downloads available differed). The Pound Sterling prices were higher. Post Brexit the UK prices are now very slightly below the Euro prices. So I asked Qobuz to change the country on one of my accounts to the UK.

Nichoasg: I have the same problem sometimes google chrome will translate but mostly not and I am afraid to ask as my address is New France which is what the northeast USA would have been called if they(the French) had won on the Plains of Abraham! So I struggle to translate with my high school advanced French which is 50+ years old.

bobbmd

thanks -I get that same error message

I also get this error message when checking for updates for Qobuz Desktop v1.5 on on a Macintosh. The Qobuz website doesn't seem to indicate what the current version is. I downloaded the program linked to from the website (alluded to below as 'Qobuz for MAC/PC) which is now called 'Qobuz' instead of 'Qobuz Desktop' and is a much more recent file, version JS 4.0.8-b001. Seems to work so far... I don't see a way to check for updates (is it automatic? There is no 'help' option), and it installed in German on my computer (OS set to English, but I live in Switzerland).

I hope that the search algorithm has got better

I also get this error message when checking for updates for Qobuz Desktop v1.5 on on a Macintosh. The Qobuz website doesn't seem to indicate what the current version is. I downloaded the program linked to from the website (alluded to below as 'Qobuz for MAC/PC) which is now called 'Qobuz' instead of 'Qobuz Desktop' and is a much more recent file, version JS 4.0.8-b001. Seems to work so far... I don't see a way to check for updates (is it automatic? There is no 'help' option), and it installed in German on my computer (OS set to English, but I live in Switzerland).

I hope that the search algorithm has got better

I found a link to the latest app here:

Applications QobuzÂ*– Abonnements Musique IllimitéeÂ*– Téléchargement et écoute de musique

Overall I like it but need to spend a bit more time on it (I use A+ 99% of the time).

Musicophile: That link seems to be the new version BUT it says it is the WEB PLAYER not the Desktop player.

It has my name and account and all my playlists.

Is it 'safe' for someone like me who is in USA and technically should not be getting Qobuz? And does this 'web' player have any different SQ it is still in FLAC/lossless or so it says in lower right hand corner and it 'looks' nicer

bobbmd

BUT... I played Miles Davis 'so what now' it plays but no music? Where is preferences like on my desktop player?

JamesW-I went to that link mentioned by Musicophile in #19 it is a WEB browser (I think) and I was able to click 'translate' to English. Do you know how keep this apparently new version on one's desktop. It immediately recognized me-my name appeared in the upper right hand corner etc. BUT there doesn't appear to have a 'preferences' box. All my Qobuz playlists that I made are there AND for the first time Qobuz's own generated playlists play for me- never did on the desktop app. Seems like it is a vast improvement more info on artists etc and SQ is just as good maybe better than the desktop. It doesn't seem to be integrated with A2+ ver 2.6.6 maybe it will be with ver 3 if Damien ever releases it.

bobbmd