IGNORED

New Amarra 4

So as my Amarra Luxe doesn’t seem to tell me when there is an updated version on the Sonic Studio website I’ve been periodically  checking.  Downloaded the recent update 4.1.361 and now in the app and browser mode artists and albums have disappeared. Refreshing the page doesn’t bring them back, just a blank screen with the message "no artists", or "no albums".

In the song section everything still there, playlists still there if I refresh the page, but artists and albums have disappeared.

This was happening just in browsing mode previously, but the new update now makes albums and artists disappear in the normal app also.

If I clear library and Scan library again everything appears okay until the next time I open Luxe when albums and artists disappear again. 

Seems to be going backwards now ?

Please Sonic Studio consider iTunes integration, or contact Roon perhaps for some sort of collaboration and help them make the ultimate best ever audio player in the universe, with your amazing brilliant sound quality and their very nice looking and properly functioning Library system ?

My dear quark ...are you still hoping for any sage decision from Sonic Studio?and are you still asking them to make some wise upgrade to the shit mess that is their program ?

Sorry to disappoint you ,and all the ones that are still waiting,but they really don't give a damn of us all ,and i also suspect that they are there ,hidden behind some protective door , to make joke of us and deeply laugh around our enormous, ingenuous and crude stupidity, to deride the ones like us that still believe in human values and seriousness of professional working people...yes ,for sure ,they do not belong to that kind of people...Noooo....they are The Superior Gods who are come down from the mystic heaven of musical vibrations  to disclose to us ,poor little serfs who are pending from their lips ,their infinite knowledge about it all, and since there is  are already them there to think and act as the only owners of the sacred message ,to us ,poor serfs,there is not left any right to think and claim!!!!

Well You know what i say? ...f..k to every people like that! i hardly exhort everyone who feels itself fucked to a deep and  hard sabotage to their products as they could not sell them anymore to involve others in the mud!!!

i hope many of you would follow this way

ciaociao to everybody in this forum

On 01/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, quark said:

So as my Amarra Luxe doesn’t seem to tell me when there is an updated version on the Sonic Studio website I’ve been periodically  checking.  Downloaded the recent update 4.1.361 and now in the app and browser mode artists and albums have disappeared. Refreshing the page doesn’t bring them back, just a blank screen with the message "no artists", or "no albums".

In the song section everything still there, playlists still there if I refresh the page, but artists and albums have disappeared.

This was happening just in browsing mode previously, but the new update now makes albums and artists disappear in the normal app also.

If I clear library and Scan library again everything appears okay until the next time I open Luxe when albums and artists disappear again. 

Please Sonic Studio consider iTunes integration, or contact Roon perhaps for some sort of collaboration and help them make the ultimate best ever audio player in the universe, with your amazing brilliant sound quality and their very nice looking and properly functioning Library system ?

same for me

ticket open , they were aware about this issue.

thks

On November 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM, quark said:

There's now also 362 and it's still not,indexing correctly. Click on a song and it presents you with some random choice. Click on an album and it plays a succession of random choices. 

17 minutes ago, lbcyclist said:

There's now also 362 and it's still not,indexing correctly.

On 1.11.2017 at 1:46 PM, quark said:

did it ever go forwards? This thread started more than a year ago ... and even back then the release of the promised "fast", "reliable" and "fun" to use software was delayed. It's completely ridiculous that it's still far from something that could be called "usable" in any way. And there is also not the slightest indication that it's worth waiting for a usable version. Waste of time (and money).

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

12 hours ago, Amarra_Support said:

To that end, we do have a new release out for both Mac and Windows, v4.1.364.  Install links are below:

Hi Ralph,

I've uninstalled everything and re-installed the new version.

Seems more responsive.

However, when adding a new album and saving the updated library A4 still has to save (rebuilt) the entire library as a whole (all tracks and album arts...) again. Which may take quite some time depending of the size of the library.

IMHO this is really a basic design flaw ... and this is why I didn't test it further.

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Hi Ralph,

Can you add in your to do list an upsampling limit choice ? 

aesthetic question
why this new choice of horrible meters  with red yellow green ???
Please return to a blue meters (from light to dark) to keep in the color codes of the interface.

in addition it greatly reduces track information

regards

Capture d’écran 2017-11-11 à 14.01.44.png

hi to everyone and ,above all, you Lio B ...why to still find something that does not work ? and , above all , regarding only marginal problems!We have to be happy that something has been resolved, as i didn't would expect it to still happen..... i have re tried this A4 new release and this time ,if nothing changes in worst obviously, it seems to work quite better! i don't mean that there is a library manager above the lines, but almost it seems to work now!!!it could be done much more but the path to follow is there...what is that makes me wonder is why it took to SS all this time to finally have a new release....but better later than never!!I, that i was so critical with SS,one of the worst estimator i believe, now i must say  that my rage has been a quite lowered! Good luck to us all with A4 ...i wait for new posts about this new version 

ciaociao

2 hours ago, ddalmas said:

hi to everyone and ,above all, you Lio B ...why to still find something that does not work ? and , above all , regarding only marginal problems!We have to be happy that something has been resolved, as i didn't would expect it to still happen..... i have re tried this A4 new release and this time ,if nothing changes in worst obviously, it seems to work quite better! i don't mean that there is a library manager above the lines, but almost it seems to work now!!!it could be done much more but the path to follow is there...what is that makes me wonder is why it took to SS all this time to finally have a new release....but better later than never!!I, that i was so critical with SS,one of the worst estimator i believe, now i must say  that my rage has been a quite lowered! Good luck to us all with A4 ...i wait for new posts about this new version 

ciaociao

hi,

I expected this reaction. ^_^

as I already wrote, I have no problem with A4 because I do not use palylists. my recommendations seem futile but for some more important, I posted them in support ticket Amarra

arrivederci

Thanks for all the comments, there is still more work to be done and more to come.

- Regarding the meters, we are going to stick with the colored meters for 2 reasons - they provide more information to set the correct output volume (you don't want the meters in the red) and they are more in line with our other products like the EQ in Amarra sQ+.  That said, I can pass along the request and we can review for potential integration in the future.

- We understand the saving duration is an issue and we are looking at ways of improving that, especially if only making a small change to the library.

- We are reviewing adding in a limit for upsampling and expect to have something implemented in an updated build.

Still more to come

best

Ralph

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

Hi Mr Ralph 

here to say this : even though now lib management seems to work correctly it is still a very difficult stuff to use if you are there to choose what you wanna hear! if you still know  it easier because you have to digit the album/artist name ,but if you are wondering about what to listen to in that moment well..... believe me it is very hard to find out what could be heard!! in this iTunes is the best so why not implement the iTunes feature as many have asked to do? all more simple..... exceptional A4 sound and easy exceptional iTunes lib management...consider that ....it is not a shame to use a good feature of someone else 's app...you did with A3 why not with A4??all resolved without any fatigue!!

ciaociao

10 minutes ago, Amarra_Support said:

- Regarding the meters, we are going to stick with the colored meters for 2 reasons - they provide more information to set the correct output volume (you don't want the meters in the red) and they are more in line with our other products like the EQ in Amarra sQ+.  That said, I can pass along the request and we can review for potential integration in the future.

best

Ralph

Aloha Ralph,

Can you please address the notion of A4  iTunes integration ala A3?  This topic comes up here more than any other. 

Also, when will DSD over DoP work?

Thanks.

Ralph,

I clean installed High Sierra and then Amarra Luxe using the link you provided.  iRC section disappeared somehow.  How can I have the iRC section?  I find the library management improved.

Umetaro, Tokyo, Japan

Dela(Melco)N1A/2012 i5 Mac Mini with 16GB memory - Audirvana/Pure Music/Amarra/JRMC - Devialet 800 - Wilson Audio Sasha

Dear Ralph

Thank you very much for your time to talk with us and for your effort regarding to functionality of library management. I did upgrade (4.1.364-146) but unfortunately my basic and essential problem still appear. (If nobody else have the same problem then please tell this to me, so I have to look for another reasons/solutions).The song order regarding to the same album are completely different. I have for example Norah Jones same album in different versions but always different (wrong) song orders - see picture attached. And this is just one case and I have a lot, a lot of similar cases in my library? This never happens in Audirvana, so tagging etc. is probably correct.

regards

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 18.28.41.png

22 hours ago, Umetaro said:

Ralph,

I clean installed High Sierra and then Amarra Luxe using the link you provided.  iRC section disappeared somehow.  How can I have the iRC section?  I find the library management improved.

Oversight on our part as we were having issues with the IRC.  If you are already licensed, the window comes up.  We are fixing this for the next build.  In the meantime, you can use either Amarra Symphony or Amarra sQ+ to license IRC and then you will see the iRC window show up in A4Luxe.   Please write to me at [email protected] if you need more details.

If you have any other questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Sonic Studio Customer Support .:.

Sonic Studio, LLC .:. Trust the transparency

12 minutes ago, Amarra_Support said:

Oversight on our part as we were having issues with the IRC.  If you are already licensed, the window comes up.  We are fixing this for the next build.  In the meantime, you can use either Amarra Symphony or Amarra sQ+ to license IRC and then you will see the iRC window show up in A4Luxe.   Please write to me at [email protected] if you need more details.

Thanks, Ralph.  I will await the next build.  According to Tand's post above, iRC still shifts to the right.  I hope this will be fixed as well.  iRC is one of the major reasons I purchased Amarra. 

Umetaro, Tokyo, Japan

Dela(Melco)N1A/2012 i5 Mac Mini with 16GB memory - Audirvana/Pure Music/Amarra/JRMC - Devialet 800 - Wilson Audio Sasha

2 hours ago, Amarra_Support said:

Thoughts on iTunes integration like A3?  Is that not going to happen with A4L?

4 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Thoughts on iTunes integration like A3?  Is that not going to happen with A4L?

I agree with DancingSea.

The iTunes integration would give good, complete library functions, and the issue with switching apps to play albums would be lots less than is currently required. The only way to get good library functions now is to update iTunes manually.

A4L still doesn't index properly, and takes overnight to index 3000+ albums. 

In earlier versions of Amarra wasn't there a large number of people demanding Amarra get rid of the connection to iTunes. This in fact lead to the playlist function so that people could enjoy Amarra playback without the need to have iTunes running. No that Amarra has done what large numbers of people asked for and came up with a solution that does not require iTunes we get the other end of the spectrum asking for iTunes intergration !!!!

Regards

Mark

In the interests of full disclosure I was an early Amarra adoptee and have continued through to AS3 with IRC however I have not upgraded to Version 4 yet as I thought I would wait until Tidal intergration and up sampling was available. Now I might need to wait a bit longer until the issue with IRC is resolved. 

25 minutes ago, twist222 said:

In earlier versions of Amarra wasn't there a large number of people demanding Amarra get rid of the connection to iTunes. This in fact lead to the playlist function so that people could enjoy Amarra playback without the need to have iTunes running. No that Amarra has done what large numbers of people asked for and came up with a solution that does not require iTunes we get the other end of the spectrum asking for iTunes intergration !!!!

Regards

Mark

In the interests of full disclosure I was an early Amarra adoptee and have continued through to AS3 with IRC however I have not upgraded to Version 4 yet as I thought I would wait until Tidal intergration and up sampling was available. Now I might need to wait a bit longer until the issue with IRC is resolved. 

It’s nice to have a choice. A3 allowed the option to integrate with iTunes. Audirvana has the same option. 

Its makes little sense to eliminate iTunes integration mode in A4.