IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

12 hours ago, d_elm said:

Seems to me running Bubble server on a renderer somewhat defeats the idea of having a lowest possible noise generator providing the USB signal. The more work the renderer processor has to do the more noise it will generate.    Is this being done simply because it can be done ?

The unit has output modes that only run when selected. There there some things like LMS and Sonore UPnP than you can install that run in the background. Here I have everything installed and running on my unit all the time so I can quickly try things. I have not noticed anything specific doing this, but I haven't really tested for it either. I have some things I want to test and this will be one of them. I'm curious about it, but at the same time I'm not concerned. 

New flash:

This is taken directly from the Audirvana website: https://audirvana.com/?page_id=3450

Audirvana Plus 3.1 released

Audirvana 3.1 now enables to play to UPnP/DLNA network players to benefit from the great sound quality of Audirvana Plus even when the Mac is not directly connected to the audio system.

Audirvana Plus 3.1 was developed:

– thanks to the help and close collaboration with the Pioneer & Onkyo Group who actively participated in the development of this new version of the software by providing support including a wide range of representative models of network players (Pioneer N-70AE, Pioneer N-50AE, Pioneer N-30AE, Pioneer N-70A, Pioneer N-50A, Onkyo NS-6130) and the Home Cinema Receiver VSX-1131.

– and in close collaboration with the manufacturer Sonore who allowed the compatibility of the following products (microRendu, ultraRendu, Sonicorbiter SE, Signature Rendu SE)

N-70AE_audirvana_768.jpgIn order to easily identify the network players that have been tested and certified as compatible with Audirvana Plus 3.1, Audirvana Plus created a new sticker called « Works With Audirvana Plus ».

Audirvana Plus 3.1  is available for:

• $74 (or €64 excl. VAT)  for new customers
  • $39 (or €34 excl. VAT)  for any Audirvana Plus user of a previous version – Audirvana Plus 1 or Audirvana Plus 2
  • Free Upgrade for any customer who already purchased Audirvana Plus 3

On your 2.1 microRendu what happens when you press update in Software Manager? sonicTransporter is on a different development cycle. Sonicorbiter 2.5 is currently available on the microRendu, ultraRendu, and Signature Rendu SE. No issue with running these different versions together.  

On 8/27/2017 at 11:43 AM, rickca said:

@vortecjr have you made any progress with this?  Are there any other CA members using an IOS control point like Lumin and running BubbleUPnP Server on the microRendu who find it works reliably?

Do you have auto update enabled in BubbleUPnP Server?

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Why?  Are you saying that nobody else has experienced this issue, and that you can't reproduce it?  Or are you saying that BubbleUPnP isn't your code, so you don't support it?

SonicOrbiter is designed to be really simple to use, but it gives me no troubleshooting tools so I need to rely on you for support.  There must be something repeatedly crashing and restarting, but I have no access to any diagnostic logs to figure things out.

My thought was that we had fallen behind on updating the application. However, we are running the latest version of the code on both Sonicorbiter 2.3 and on Sonicorbiter 2.5. If you have the Audio Update enabled then you should be getting any updates or fixes in real time. I don't have any other active tickets on this. I also can't reproduce it here. What d_elm is suggesting is to run it BubbleUPnP Server on a NAS or another computer. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update Notice

An update is available from Apps / Software Manager for Sonicorbiter 2.5 based units. 

1. This update adds additional DACs that support native DSD. For a complete list of devices that support native DSD refer here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

2. There is also an update for RoonReady included with the above.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m not involved in that project and don’t know about the details. However, if you are having issues with Tidal that suggests to me a network or internet issue. Try local playback direct from the unit via USB. Also, reinstalling the software will not generally help with issues. 

1 hour ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi Jesus - Thanks for the reply. However the issue occurs with both Tidal files and locally stored FLAC files.

To my thinking it's more like the library/database has become corrupt because Roon is spinning away, trying to load files that clearly exist. But failing to load them.

Also the fact that once a file exhibits this behaviour then the hanging issues persist for that file (regardless of rebooting the server, router or whatever) seems to point to a local issue and not network.

@agillis - I know the Prestige2 is not one of yours, but it's very close to your SonicTransporters in terms of OS and functionality. Any thoughts? I spoke to Martin Smith a couple times but he hadnt seen this before.

Many Thanks,

Alan

How can a Tidal stream be corrupt? Have you tried local playback as I suggested?

22 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

@agillis Yup, I've tried that like 12 times but same issues kick in within a few days.

Update - I tried to enable Local Playback as per @vortecjr feedback but it was not responding. The Server showed on the MySonicorbiter page but clicking on Manage resulted in a "not available" error.

I tried restarting it but now it's completely lost. Won't show up at all on the network. Have tried everything and after wasting 2 hours on it have set my old NAS up instead. NAS & BubbleUpnp. Old school but at least the music is playing again.

Will try giving Martin Smith a call to see if he has any advice but best I can tell this server is kaput!

Or any suggestions how to force a hard reboot when the it doesnt show on the network?

Funny part is that I was already tempted by the Innuos Zenith SE. It seems my current server not only agrees with this plan but is actively encouraging me!! 

Best to contact Martin for life support on his unit.

Not to critique what you plan to do, but this is what I would do. If you have a NAS and your are using BubbleUPnP then just add a Sonore Signature Rendu SE for playback. 

Here is why:

1. You don't really need another server.

2. You will save a lot of cash.

3. The Sonore Signature Rendu SE is a full custom main board with linear regulation powered by a very high quality linear supply.

4. The Sonore Signature Rendu SE main board has a USB regenerative circuit designed by John Swenson.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, R1200CL said:

@vortecjr

How is things progreeing with implementing HQPlayer embedded as part or besides the SonicOrbiter in SonicTransporters ?

Have you and Andrew concluded that this will be on the roadmap ?

Moving slowly. There are some interesting developments though. 

• 7 months later...
17 minutes ago, ksalno said:

Very cool. This will include both the micro- and ultraRendu series?

On microRendu with 2.5 or greater, all ultraRendu, and all Signature Rendu SE.

On the Transporter series I have to confirm with Andrew, because he has a bunch of different units.  

2 hours ago, Mikem1 said:

With the latest updates to 2.6 on my ultraRendu I am now able to stream native DSD(512) to my iFi Pro DSD DAC.

One of the new features is auto recognition of DACs that support native DSD under Linux. This means no more waiting for new native DSD devices to be added to the system. If you just updated...you now have that new code. Can you post the information from Apps / DAC Diagnostics here so I can check things out? 

Here are some of the up coming Sonicorbiter OS 2.7 features on the sonicTransporter series:

1. Resilio Sync - New application for automatically syncing content on your computer to a sonicTransporter.   
2. Plex Media server now has auto-update.
3. HQplayer embedded has been updated and also supports UPnP streams.

4. Support for streaming to Merging devices via RAVENNA / AES67.

5. Bug fix for Tidal skipping first track with Roon.